Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

For food lovers - gathering next week

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:30 am

shamusan wrote:
haha... raised from fish markets? we were behaving like we were the damned fish mongers... haha

You??? More like a butcher... your fishes will be badly dented if you are selling them.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:37 am

speaking of BT...

it is our intention to form a team to participate this year.

heros????

form your queue here....Captain Low to preside over matters. Vice Captains??? (don't be too literal hor)

i spoke to the owner and the chef for the noise level we were producing last nite and they both told me that a good Italian restaurant should be like this...it means customers are happy.

Salutee.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:45 am

Wah, i was so close and yet still missed a great dinner....the anticipation in the den for the dinner was palpable...damn sad to go home and eat my sambal fried rice and indonesian spiced chicken....!!!

I was still so sweaty and dirty from the game as i only expected to pop down to the den for a half hour or an hour and ended up spending the entire afternoon there...when i picked up my wife, first question is "i though u played in the morning, why haven't you showered?", second question is, "why does the car smell so bad?"....so eric, sorry for stinking up the place...

@sham...i know your secrets too........ Razz
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:48 am

Sigh... It'll be awhile before I can join such dinners... Sad
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:01 am

golfool2009 wrote:
Wah, i was so close and yet still missed a great dinner....the anticipation in the den for the dinner was palpable...damn sad to go home and eat my sambal fried rice and indonesian spiced chicken....!!!

I was still so sweaty and dirty from the game as i only expected to pop down to the den for a half hour or an hour and ended up spending the entire afternoon there...when i picked up my wife, first question is "i though u played in the morning, why haven't you showered?", second question is, "why does the car smell so bad?"....so eric, sorry for stinking up the place...

@sham...i know your secrets too........ Razz

what secrets? are you talking abt why my putting has improved or why i'm driving further? or where i get all my wonderful equipment that no one else seems to find?

anyhow, no need to talk abt what a great place BFG is... we all know it already...

anything else, please contact me directly... this is a PUBLIC forum!
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:26 am

Woah you chaps either didnt drink enough or alcohol content is too low ! Will make sure the next outing, all posting will be done the "morning after" or was it the Limoncello that give you guys the second wind ???

Was one great evening of food, drinks, and company for the night !

VL says he is most happy to hear you guys enjoyed the double Magnum !

Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:34 am

Dear Sirs,

I will be posting the photos up in awhile, as soon as I get a faster internet connection.

Still trying to get the internet to work properly in this part of singapore.
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:40 am

MT, you should stop waiting for those durians to drop at MacRitchie Reservoir and go to work. I don't think it's the season yet.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:42 am

Hello Capt

Have to report to office at 0730 so no matter how much alcohol was consumed last nite, life goes on.

Sham, after last nite's 'discovery', why you get your equipment faster than most and about BFG...dun dig yourself into the deeper hole liao la.

Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:42 am

Was reading pages after pages and looks like you guys had fun. What a fun group you guys are but then I already know that. Beer

Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:43 am

S70B wrote:
Hello Capt

Have to report to office at 0730 so no matter how much alcohol was consumed last nite, life goes on.

Sham, after last nite's 'discovery', why you get your equipment faster than most and about BFG...dun dig yourself into the deeper hole liao la.

ANother potential candidate for our street smart course. Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:44 am

quick update..

1. BT giving me new proposal for this year league.
2. sponsorship discussion at Den this week

also FTR....most of the patrons at the restaurant were not complaining about the noise but about why they cannot order Grilled Black Pork Belly and why we have them.

DGman

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:47 am

DGman wrote:
quick update..

1. BT giving me new proposal for this year league.
2. sponsorship discussion at Den this week

also FTR....most of the patrons at the restaurant were not complaining about the noise but about why they cannot order Grilled Black Pork Belly and why we have them.

DGman

No wonder my Fish soup dun taste well last nite. Was thinking of the Pork belly instead.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:55 am

the pork belly was really good... but the beef was truly outstanding... the scallop pasta was also very very good... just thinking abt it makes me hungry again...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:59 am

so Fuurin is no longer on your hot list???

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:05 am

before i forget....

we need to spilt the makan bill amongst 10 people.

exempted from paying cos pay liao.

1. Mr VL
2. Mr Agumon
3. Sham

cos all of them contributed wines.

fair??? tresurer???

DGman
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:06 am

I can imagine how good is the prok belly if DGman says it is. Any chance we can order the pork belly if we come as casual patron instead of group?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:12 am

aMloy...next time you join us.

Yarra...got to order in advance. just a phone call away...when you wee the pics, you will drool.

Esq Bates!!!!!!

btw we are planning a next one...this time Indian. i was told the roast lamb is out of this world and the bryani is wow!!!

let me talk to the Chef first....good things don't have to be expensive, we just need to find stars and give them a stage to perform on.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:13 am

tks guys for the great evening.. all the laughs is good for our health.. Beer
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:16 am

Boss

i think you were really drunk last nite...

Cos I remember seeing Capt sign the bill.

I am very ok with splitting it anyway.

Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:17 am

Makes me wish I live in Singapore, the food adventures are so great with DGman. Over here, we hardly see the chef himself. Most restauranteur in Jakarta hire someone to cook, hardly a cook themselves. Not good!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:22 am

i know Capt signed and we should split and pay him for our shares.

the next time he pay will be for a more noble cause and it will be for the inner inner circle.

DGman

Esq Bates...i hope your new muscle development for tea ceremony has not prevented you from finishing simpler task like pressing a few buttons and moving the mouse hor.
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:45 am

DGman wrote:
it will be for the inner inner circle

Boss seems to have a penchant for inner and inner these days, membership has it privileges, a free colonoscopy for 2011. albino
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:48 am

CCC...i would love you to give Ron81 an inspired ZEN update based on your exquisite and unique writing abilities. to do it for food will not be so appropriate...

nevertheless.....you should have joined us and i am sure the colonscopy will not be performed at a medical facility. the storeroom is more appropriate.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Thu Mar 03, 2011 10:58 am

watermyforrest wrote:
MT, you should stop waiting for those durians to drop at MacRitchie Reservoir and go to work. I don't think it's the season yet.

OMG!!! why didnt anyone tell me that earlier!

ok time to pack up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: For food lovers - gathering next week   Today at 2:27 am

Back to top Go down

For food lovers - gathering next week
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next