Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:44 pm

H Folks,

thinking of reshafting my 910FD 15 deg, 910F 17 and 19 deg.

Find the motore 70 reg shafts no life and a bit stiff..

maybe 50g to 60g reg flex.. not sure of characteristics tho

Can any wise men here recommend suitable shafts from your personal experience?

My swing speed is about 97-100.. (mph??)

Thank you all


Last edited by andrew-golf on Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:45 pm

project x 5.5. Hae not looked back since. But very few people use it here.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:46 pm

haragolfer wrote:
project x 5.5. Hae not looked back since. But very few people use it here.


errr too complex for me.. i used to use those stiff high end shafts.. my game went down the drain.. rather have easy shafts to play with and enjoy the game
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:56 pm

think some school of thought is that its all about tempo. how you load the shaft by the early/late release.

can't recommend any shaft though
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:48 pm

97-100 mph? Wow! I can only dream of speeds like that...
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:52 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
97-100 mph? Wow! I can only dream of speeds like that...

i only know its about 98. Didnt notice the unit
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:59 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
97-100 mph? Wow! I can only dream of speeds like that...

i only know its about 98. Didnt notice the unit

Nice speed.. but just to confirm, u can see slinger's swing speed tomorrow. At that kind of speed, your tee shot should be around Slinger's distance.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:01 pm

My base not strong. So dun drive far
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2882
Join date : 2009-06-20
Age : 34
Location : Springside

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:48 pm

Wahahha u say my shifu got big backside ah!!!!
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2882
Join date : 2009-06-20
Age : 34
Location : Springside

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:25 am

Bro Andrew y don't u try the graman g series? Affordable and good feel
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2668
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 35
Location : Pasir Gudang / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:00 am

Hmm... If base on 98mph swing speed...
Why u using regular flex in ur shafts?

Wouldn't it be too whippy for you?
Why not get a fitting session done instead of getting opinions here
as u might save money instead of getting a ill fitted shaft
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2789
Join date : 2010-05-10
Age : 31
Location : In YOUR fairway...

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:43 am

yeah bro, my swing speed is ard the same as yours for my fairway wood and i'm using a whiteboard x flex...

i think you shld go get fitted..
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:14 pm

shamusan wrote:
yeah bro, my swing speed is ard the same as yours for my fairway wood and i'm using a whiteboard x flex...


i think you shld go get fitted..

Bro I heard u ordered a lot of white boards. All x-flex?
Haha

Played wi slinger today. He hit the ball sooooooo well! Wahahahaha
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:57 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
shamusan wrote:
yeah bro, my swing speed is ard the same as yours for my fairway wood and i'm using a whiteboard x flex...


i think you shld go get fitted..

Bro I heard u ordered a lot of white boards. All x-flex?
Haha

Played wi slinger today. He hit the ball sooooooo well! Wahahahaha


remember i told u abt your old driver shaft.... try it
Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 390
Join date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:36 pm

Well to clarify things abit.. the Motore F1 plays stiffer to flex. So R is actually more like S.

Some oldies but goodies (cheap too) for FW shaft - Aldila NV or Graphite Design YS 6 or 7.
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 486
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 44
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:38 pm

Sling...With that swing speed are close to an S or R it really depends, and unless you are super strong I would stay away from X as it won't load properly. I think getting fit on a trackman type apparatus would be very helpful. It can tell you your launch conditions, spin rate, club head speed, etc.

All of those elements are crucial to being properly fit for the correct shaft. Plus you would be able to hit a bunch of different shafts to see how they feel, react, perform. Some people are really surprised by some of the numbers and feel they get with different types of shafts. Not to mention a shaft or club can "feel" a whole lot better when you see some great results.

Without seeing you hit a shot or some of your stats (launch. spin, speed, etc) it would be really hard to "properly" fit you with a shaft that would optimize your performance. Yes there are generalizations that do hold true, and you might even luck into a good fit. But to be properly fit for the correct shaft and know you have done so, go to a guy like DGman who has gear and knowledge to properly fit you.

It will save you time, headaches, and money over the long haul. But to be honest there is a little golf equiptment ho in all of us on these message boards and there is nothing wrong with asking about the latest and greatest or trying some new gear, even if it might not work. I am very guilty of that myself... Beer

A little story for you. I got fit by the Taylor Made Tour department my last few years while playing professionally and prior to going in there I had a Titleist driver with an 90 gram shaft in it and it worked pretty well. During my fitting the TM guy built me a driver with a prototype 55 gram X flex shaft (nearly 40 grams lighter) and the results were stunning. I hit maybe 10 different driver and shaft combos before I found the best one for me. I never knew that I could use such a light shaft and have it perform...but the proof was in the results and ability to try a bunch of different options.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:25 pm

slinger wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
shamusan wrote:
yeah bro, my swing speed is ard the same as yours for my fairway wood and i'm using a whiteboard x flex...


i think you shld go get fitted..

Bro I heard u ordered a lot of white boards. All x-flex?
Haha

Played wi slinger today. He hit the ball sooooooo well! Wahahahaha


remember i told u abt your old driver shaft.... try it

yes sir. Will find time to go get it fitted to my woods
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:44 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
slinger wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
shamusan wrote:
yeah bro, my swing speed is ard the same as yours for my fairway wood and i'm using a whiteboard x flex...


i think you shld go get fitted..

Bro I heard u ordered a lot of white boards. All x-flex?
Haha

Played wi slinger today. He hit the ball sooooooo well! Wahahahaha


remember i told u abt your old driver shaft.... try it

yes sir. Will find time to go get it fitted to my woods

bro, so how is your game today ?...money you draw from ATM still got left over ?...keke

bro slinger send me friend invitation via facebook today...i felt so honor !!...keke
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:11 am

golf_snowman wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
slinger wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
shamusan wrote:
yeah bro, my swing speed is ard the same as yours for my fairway wood and i'm using a whiteboard x flex...


i think you shld go get fitted..

Bro I heard u ordered a lot of white boards. All x-flex?
Haha

Played wi slinger today. He hit the ball sooooooo well! Wahahahaha


remember i told u abt your old driver shaft.... try it

yes sir. Will find time to go get it fitted to my woods

bro, so how is your game today ?...money you draw from ATM still got left over ?...keke

bro slinger send me friend invitation via facebook today...i felt so honor !!...keke


hahaha

The game went well and it was not the best golf day for me.. short game was not working..

I must say its an inspiration playing in the same flight with Slinger and learnt a lot from him.

Proesia is also a quiet golfer but brilliant.

Sam is quiet quiet can biride..

overall was a enjoyable game and i surrendered myself buying lunch. hhahahaaa
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2789
Join date : 2010-05-10
Age : 31
Location : In YOUR fairway...

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:15 am

haha... at least you enjoyed yourself... and yes, all x flex...
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Mon Feb 28, 2011 10:38 am

before most golfers dwell into fairway wood shaft, they should understand that the choice of heads and loft are equally important...

i have seen guys coming in with 14 degrees fw heads and with their speed they are better of with a 17 degree fw head.

if you do not have enough clubhead speed its better to use a 5 wood to achieve better percentages result than a 3 wood. for that matter a 4 wood is the best solution IMHO, but most equipment manufacturer will not bring those it cos instead of selling you 2 pcs, you only buy one...Got it??

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:03 am

able to bend a 3 or 5 wood into a 4 wood??
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:10 am

would you bend your 3 iron into a 4 iron?

there are considerations and especially it will change the integrity of the club head design.

there is a difference between trying to save money and trying to optimise one's game.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:14 am

DGman wrote:
before most golfers dwell into fairway wood shaft, they should understand that the choice of heads and loft are equally important...

i have seen guys coming in with 14 degrees fw heads and with their speed they are better of with a 17 degree fw head.

if you do not have enough clubhead speed its better to use a 5 wood to achieve better percentages result than a 3 wood. for that matter a 4 wood is the best solution IMHO, but most equipment manufacturer will not bring those it cos instead of selling you 2 pcs, you only buy one...Got it??

DGman

Eric,

I am coming in with my 3wood next month and see whether I need to change to a 5 wood ... Thx

Sorry Andrew .. Btw, when are you coming over to Surabaya for a game.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:16 am

DGman wrote:
would you bend your 3 iron into a 4 iron?

there are considerations and especially it will change the integrity of the club head design.

there is a difference between trying to save money and trying to optimise one's game.

DGman

Not to save money but as you know it is not easy to find a 4 wood in Singapore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation   Today at 6:29 am

Back to top Go down
 
Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Fairway Wood Shaft Recommendation
» Loft for Fairway Wood
» Do you carry a Fairway Wood?
» Driver Shaft Recommendation
» ADAM'S TIGHT LIES FAIRWAY WOOD

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.