Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Comments on MP53

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 219
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:48 pm

Hi Guys,

Just came back from GH. Wanted to try out some mizuno irons cos my current callaways is forcing me to swing really light to get the right trajectory.

Tried out the MP53 and was able to whack hard yet the flight is still good.

Anyone using MP53 as well? Any comments, advice for me?

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:56 pm

What shaft is on your Callaway? It maybe the case of you playing the wrong shaft, not the whole sets. It will be helpful to mention what Callaway head you are currently playing, though.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2789
Join date : 2010-05-10
Age : 31
Location : In YOUR fairway...

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:06 pm

i agree with yarra...

i've got both callaways and mizunos... both also good and i've got the same shaft on all my sets...

it might be that the callaway shaft is not suited for you... perhaps you are like me and had the misfortune of being sold as a newbie golfer a set with soft graphite shafts...
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 219
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:19 pm

Now playing off x-20s on regular graphite shafts. It's my first set since taking up golfing.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2789
Join date : 2010-05-10
Age : 31
Location : In YOUR fairway...

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:24 pm

the x 20s are not bad clubs... but i suggest seeing a clubfitter or asking friends who are experienced golfers whether the shafts are suitable for you...

my personal experience was that i was sold a set of graphite shafted big berthas and i'm a big bloke... so i had to use like only 20% strength to hit the clubs... but i since changed to steel shafts and i'm able to hit the clubs as hard as i like... so it had nothing to do with the brand of clubs but rather the shafts that you've got on them...

but i response to your question, i own a set of mp53's and they are certainly a nice set... but i still prefer my callaway razr forged over them...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:37 pm

Shamusan, whoever sold that graphite iron to you was either a big dumb ass or a blind. Even a blind could easily determine your size by feel. LOL!

Back to topic, Piero... If you do not plan on getting a new set, although it is a perfectly good excuse to, I'd suggest you go and see a club fitter and get fit for the right shaft for you. You are likely to spend less and get more out of it than getting a new set off the rack.
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 219
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:23 pm

Shafts not that cheap too right? $100 plus each? Comes up to not much difference and mine is cast iron can't do loft and lie adjustments.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:27 pm

Depends on the shaft, but for a $100 each you'd better get a top-notch fitting with a 'special edition' shaft!

The idea of seeing a fitter before you buy any equipment is to get the right assessment before your purchase. Think of it this way: you go to a doctor before you go and buy your medicine, right? You don't go to a doctor just to check if the meds you purchase at Guardian is the right one for your illness... Wink
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 295
Join date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:54 pm

If you're buying Mizuno from GH, Jeff at Marina Sq (or sometimes at Suntec) will have a fitting session for you and from there he will suggest some shaft suitable for your swing..

Personally I find that Project-X shaft goes very well with the MP-53. Cool
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:03 pm

I'm using MP53 with nspro s shaft. Very nice feel. Go n get it! Just exchange my ap2 to MP58. Going to try it tomorrow! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 219
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 pm

ron81 wrote:
If you're buying Mizuno from GH, Jeff at Marina Sq (or sometimes at Suntec) will have a fitting session for you and from there he will suggest some shaft suitable for your swing..

Personally I find that Project-X shaft goes very well with the MP-53. Cool

Getting from Suntec if I am.... trying steel shaft...I went to Marina Sq, seems to have closed down?

Had a good at it. even though I was in long sleeve shirt this afternoon, the feel was really good.

Back to top Go down
solarpop
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 390
Join date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:10 pm

Suggest trying the MP52 at the same time. Not much difference, but way way cheaper since it's an older model.
Back to top Go down
ron81
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 295
Join date : 2009-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:35 pm

piero wrote:
ron81 wrote:
If you're buying Mizuno from GH, Jeff at Marina Sq (or sometimes at Suntec) will have a fitting session for you and from there he will suggest some shaft suitable for your swing..

Personally I find that Project-X shaft goes very well with the MP-53. Cool

Getting from Suntec if I am.... trying steel shaft...I went to Marina Sq, seems to have closed down?

Had a good at it. even though I was in long sleeve shirt this afternoon, the feel was really good.


As long as you got the right fitment with Jeff, he can get stock from any GH, but to make the right fitment, you need to get Jeff, you can find him in either location below,
Marina: 6337-9492
Suntec: 6334-8171

solarpop wrote:
Suggest trying the MP52 at the same time. Not much difference, but way way cheaper since it's an older model.

I've played both sets of iron before and I think MP-53 vs the MP-52 is alot of difference imho. The MP-53 is far more forgiving and much sweeter on impact compare to the MP-52. Cool
Back to top Go down
drizz0
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 116
Join date : 2011-03-06

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:01 am

just swapped over to mp53 myself, had only a few range sessions and played 2 round with them... they are awesome.. have the DG r300 shafts on mine...
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 219
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:56 am

Decided to bite the bullet and get the set.

A colleague of mine who has a softer swing is keen to take up my callies so that helps in reducing some cost.

Now its finding time to go down for a fitting...
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 219
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:01 am

Yarra wrote:
Depends on the shaft, but for a $100 each you'd better get a top-notch fitting with a 'special edition' shaft!

The idea of seeing a fitter before you buy any equipment is to get the right assessment before your purchase. Think of it this way: you go to a doctor before you go and buy your medicine, right? You don't go to a doctor just to check if the meds you purchase at Guardian is the right one for your illness... Wink

Bro...Before I bought my new 910D2 I went to a local fitter to change shaft on my old driver. Was quoted minimum $200 up to a possible $800 for shaft...

Disclaimer: Its my guesstimate though.
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:22 am

For a driver shaft, it can range from as low as SGD$200 up to US$1,200. I don't think iron shaft can go as high as $200, except if you go for the likes of Oziks and such.

If anybody try to charge you SGD$200 for a piece of iron shaft, I can safely say that they are trying to rip you off! If it is a SET of iron shaft for SGD$200, it's possible but I am pretty sure it'll be a pullout.

I'd suggest you contact DGman and consult him on this matter.
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 219
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:34 am

Yarra wrote:
For a driver shaft, it can range from as low as SGD$200 up to US$1,200. I don't think iron shaft can go as high as $200, except if you go for the likes of Oziks and such.

If anybody try to charge you SGD$200 for a piece of iron shaft, I can safely say that they are trying to rip you off! If it is a SET of iron shaft for SGD$200, it's possible but I am pretty sure it'll be a pullout.

I'd suggest you contact DGman and consult him on this matter.

Sorry think I may have confused readers to this thread. Its not iron shafts but graphite shafts...
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:41 am

piero wrote:
Yarra wrote:
For a driver shaft, it can range from as low as SGD$200 up to US$1,200. I don't think iron shaft can go as high as $200, except if you go for the likes of Oziks and such.

If anybody try to charge you SGD$200 for a piece of iron shaft, I can safely say that they are trying to rip you off! If it is a SET of iron shaft for SGD$200, it's possible but I am pretty sure it'll be a pullout.

I'd suggest you contact DGman and consult him on this matter.

Sorry think I may have confused readers to this thread. Its not iron shafts but graphite shafts...

Now you are making sense... Guess that's just the price you gotta pay to get you better. Wink
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 219
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:54 pm

Done with my fitting. Was recommended JPX800 with NS pro shaft. Supposed to be a more forgiving club than MP53... Problem is they don't have the stiff shafts. Sad....
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:58 pm

JPX is a good club, too. I supposed they take you as beginner for now, need a more forgiving club. Who was fitting you, Jef Goh at Marina/Suntec store?

If you are in no hurry, you can always place an order with them and wait out a few weeks at the most. Otherwise, take the R and trade them with an S at a local fitter. Or even go to the Market Place and buy a pullout. Someone should have them.
Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 219
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:13 pm

Fitted by Jeff... quite like him if I have an extra buck, I think I will spend it at his outlet.

As for the JPX 800 vs MP53, I explained to him my problem of hitting on uneven ground (too fat too thin), the JPX's sole while wide is curved in... According to him, that helps in improving my problem area and should hit quite well.

Anyway he just texted me and seems like stock may be available next week!!! bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:02 pm

in my opinion.

you should train on the MP53 and improve... not get the easier club and then needing to change later..

thats my opinion tho...

and also, MP53 prob commands a higher market value..

Back to top Go down
piero
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 219
Join date : 2010-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:08 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
in my opinion.

you should train on the MP53 and improve... not get the easier club and then needing to change later..

thats my opinion tho...

and also, MP53 prob commands a higher market value..


Hmm... Then how......Haii... 2 minds now
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:11 pm

i think MP series more popular in SG..

trust me..

train on the more tougher clubs and u will get better..

i trained on blades to improve ball striking and on PX6.0 shafts to get more strength.. hee

thts jus my opinion tho..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Comments on MP53   Today at 8:04 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Comments on MP53
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Comments on MP53
» AP2 710 and MP53
» Jack Johnson irate over GM Dean Lombardi's comments
» Wilkinsons comments
» Here are the top nine comments made by NBC sportscommentators during the Summer Olympics that they would like to take back:

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.