Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

A re-beginner Introduction

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: A re-beginner Introduction   Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:42 am

Hi All:

Abit of background on me. I picked up golfing when I received an email from SAFRA for an invitation on a beginners course. This was early 2009. I took up the lessons at Mandai Executive. I was also given a whole bag of clubs (brand new) as a gift. Completed my 10 lessons and I was given a PC card...if you can call it that. Now looking back - I dont think I deserved the card and was in no way even qualified to go to the course. Well I did, bad mistake I think on my part -played 9 holes lost count of the number of balls I lost. and gave up totally on the game.

Fast forward to Nov 2010 - Started going to the range again - from scratch after I found a kaki who well - was in the same position as me - just that he did not try the greens. We just started whacking them - forgetting all that we learned. This was at Mandai and I was just hitting them to 70-80m on my 7 irons. Even during my first experience, i noticed this coach who was always at Mandai - very friendly and has a nice personality. We approached him, and after 5 or so lessons - i picked up alotof things from him - swing, address, importance of the grip...and I am hitting nice and sweet to 100-120m. I am happy...and have been going to the range 3-4 times a week. As a target for myself I have also signed up for NSRCC as I would like to take up golf seriously, and at the same time my wife can enjoy the full benefits of the club at just a nominal fee every month as a supplementary.

Last week, I started works on my 3W woods and am working to get my handicap asap.

Anyway, hi to everyone, and would like to let others know - that if things go all wrong the first time - not to give up. Now looking back,my regret was not coming back any earlier.

I am open to comments and if someone could give me some guidelines on milestones - of how my progress should be for this year or what possible targets I should set - will really appreciate that.

Cheers

Ace

Last edited by Acemangill on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: A re-beginner Introduction   Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:49 am

Welcome back Ace!
There are loads of info here for what you are looking for.
Not sure bout milestones though coz those are pretty personal, if you ask me.

For starters, maybe can 'chat' more with fellow forumers here, join us at Wed range sessions at Marina Bay range

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member

PostSubject: Re: A re-beginner Introduction   Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:29 pm

Join us this wed at 8pm on the rooftop of mbgc. You will find more ppl in the same boat journeying with you

Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: A re-beginner Introduction   Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:53 pm

You've already set your first and biggest milestone by coming back to the game and joining a club. Very Happy

Your coach will be the best person to help you set your game milestones and goals. Then it's looking forward to your first full 18 hole round I guess.

Anyways, welcome to Golf Republic and like Sunny and Asahi said, do join us for Starry Starry Nights (SSN) on Wed from 8pm. It's our fancy name for group therapy, AA was already taken. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Acemangill
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A re-beginner Introduction   Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:52 pm

Hi thanks for the invite. Never been to MBGC, I will have to make my way there then one of these days. Unfortunately, I am also a futsal player and I have a regular kick about at The Cage on Wed at 8pm also.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A re-beginner Introduction   Today at 9:48 pm

Back to top Go down

A re-beginner Introduction
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1