Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Miura irons

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:31 pm

*shiver* what is the damage for epon and miura there?
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:33 pm

Hi Lamts18

Thansk for your recommendations. I might just get the TM because both the EPON and MIURA are out of my price range. I was quoted SGD$2K for the set...

Golf in Vietnam very very expensive...

IF you ever come up here, let me know...maybe can play a round or 2..
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2514
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Tue Sep 15, 2009 6:41 pm

Thats quite expensive ....
Have you tried the TM Burner 09 irons ? .. stronger loft and quite forgiving.. i paid $1499/- (Asian Specs) here in Singapore with free gifts of bag and balls
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:15 pm

TM Burner plus retailing for SGD$1500.. Dont even want to know about the Burner 09...Hope can curb the itch and with till I head back to Singapore and pick up my very first set of Clubs..now using friends spare set....
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 188
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:18 pm

I agree with lamts18 in that you should consider getting the most forgiving set, especially if you're just starting out. Have you considered Mizuno? Some of their lineups are actually quite forgiving and you will also get that soft feel.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2514
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:39 pm

Winston wrote:
TM Burner plus retailing for SGD$1500.. Dont even want to know about the Burner 09...Hope can curb the itch and with till I head back to Singapore and pick up my very first set of Clubs..now using friends spare set....


YEs, good to use the spare set first. Once your swing is stable , then choose what you want and get fitted for a set.
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:46 pm

Hi Golfcoma,

Would love to try Mizzuno but can;t get it here in Vietnam. The 3 big brands are TM, Callaway & Cobra. Everything else can't see. Only recently there was this pro shop that open in Vietnam which has the exclusive rights for EPON, MIURA & MALTBY.

Watermyforrest,

I was quoted SGD$2K for custom fitted set of EPON 701.

Lamts18,

Swing almost there now, now just trying to cure my "Broken left Elbow"
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2514
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:51 pm

Winston wrote:
Hi Golfcoma,

Would love to try Mizzuno but can;t get it here in Vietnam. The 3 big brands are TM, Callaway & Cobra. Everything else can't see. Only recently there was this pro shop that open in Vietnam which has the exclusive rights for EPON, MIURA & MALTBY.

Watermyforrest,

I was quoted SGD$2K for custom fitted set of EPON 701.

Lamts18,

Swing almost there now, now just trying to cure my "Broken left Elbow"


take it easy .... in time you will ... 3/4 swing also will do la ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 188
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:56 pm

How many irons does sgd2k include, and which aldila shafts comes with it?
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:10 pm

golfcoma wrote:
How many irons does sgd2k include, and which aldila shafts comes with it?

Hi Golf

EPON 701 - 4i - 9i, P, A & S.

Aldila Shaft Should be Value series or Gamer series. However I suspect it should be the Value Series even though she didnt say anything..


Last edited by Winston on Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
D_Iceman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 126
Join date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:20 pm

I'm using the Miura 52 & 58 wedges with KBS shaft. It's got such a smooth, soft, buttery feel to it. I highly recommend it. I wish I could afford the irons(Yes Stanley, I'm hinting you)
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1499
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:51 pm

D_Iceman wrote:
I'm using the Miura 52 & 58 wedges with KBS shaft. It's got such a smooth, soft, buttery feel to it. I highly recommend it. I wish I could afford the irons(Yes Stanley, I'm hinting you)

agree with you, miura wedges really have a soft feeling to it, and are extremely nice to hit. to be honest, miura irons are not that prohibitively expensive if you buy it online from tourspecgolf or other websites. i know another website which sells miuras, if you are keen to buy a set, i can PM you the site.. but the thing about this is you have to pay shipping, but whatever the case, it still is rather cheap comparatively............................... ............ .................

hope the mods don't delete my thread here.......
Back to top Go down
golfcoma
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 188
Join date : 2009-08-13
Location : Shanghai

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Winston wrote:
golfcoma wrote:
How many irons does sgd2k include, and which aldila shafts comes with it?

Hi Golf

EPON 701 - 4i - 9i, P, A & S.

Aldila Shaft Should be Value series or Gamer series. However I suspect it should be the Value Series even though she didnt say anything..

That actually seems like a pretty decent price for the Epon 701, but I have to admit that I know nothing about the Adila shaft. Maybe it's because the 702 is coming out soon, so they're trying to sell off the 701s. Also check out tourspecgolf.com
Back to top Go down
Airwave
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 98
Join date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:43 pm

anyone tried the FOURTEEN WEDGE? wonder how is the feel?
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2514
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:10 pm

mervyntan wrote:
D_Iceman wrote:
I'm using the Miura 52 & 58 wedges with KBS shaft. It's got such a smooth, soft, buttery feel to it. I highly recommend it. I wish I could afford the irons(Yes Stanley, I'm hinting you)

agree with you, miura wedges really have a soft feeling to it, and are extremely nice to hit. to be honest, miura irons are not that prohibitively expensive if you buy it online from tourspecgolf or other websites. i know another website which sells miuras, if you are keen to buy a set, i can PM you the site.. but the thing about this is you have to pay shipping, but whatever the case, it still is rather cheap comparatively............................... ............ .................

hope the mods don't delete my thread here.......

MT , please PM me the site ... Thank you ...
Back to top Go down
D_Iceman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 126
Join date : 2009-07-24

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Thu Sep 17, 2009 3:31 pm

Airwave wrote:
anyone tried the FOURTEEN WEDGE? wonder how is the feel?

I tried the Fourteen and Miura and went with the Miuras. Fourteen is also nice but i preferred the feel of the Miura.
Back to top Go down
Airwave
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 98
Join date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:51 pm

D_Iceman wrote:
Airwave wrote:
anyone tried the FOURTEEN WEDGE? wonder how is the feel?

I tried the Fourteen and Miura and went with the Miuras. Fourteen is also nice but i preferred the feel of the Miura.

Thanks. ok. I will go try it soon.
Back to top Go down
Airwave
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 98
Join date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:53 pm

Lamts18 wrote:
mervyntan wrote:
D_Iceman wrote:
I'm using the Miura 52 & 58 wedges with KBS shaft. It's got such a smooth, soft, buttery feel to it. I highly recommend it. I wish I could afford the irons(Yes Stanley, I'm hinting you)

agree with you, miura wedges really have a soft feeling to it, and are extremely nice to hit. to be honest, miura irons are not that prohibitively expensive if you buy it online from tourspecgolf or other websites. i know another website which sells miuras, if you are keen to buy a set, i can PM you the site.. but the thing about this is you have to pay shipping, but whatever the case, it still is rather cheap comparatively............................... ............ .................

hope the mods don't delete my thread here.......

MT , please PM me the site ... Thank you ...

Can I have it too. TY
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Miura irons   Today at 7:39 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Miura irons
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Miura irons
» KZG v Miura Irons
» Standard Length for irons
» lifespan of clubs
» Anyone know anything about this titleist iron?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.