Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Ria Bintan Golf Club

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
swedeprince
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-04-04
Age : 35
Location : Woodlands, Singapore

PostSubject: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:23 pm

Dear all,

I have made plans to go to Ria Bintan Golf Club (http://www.riabintan.com/) soon and I will like to find out whether anyone has any reviews, comments or anything to share about Ria Bintan Golf Club.

Thanks Wink

Cheers,
swedeprince

Back to top Go down
garfield
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 217
Join date : 2009-09-13
Location : Latitude: 1º22´ North of the Equator, Longitude: 103º48´ East of Greenwich

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:01 pm

In order of (personal) preference - Ria Bintan, Bintan Lagoon and Laguna Bintan. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 272
Join date : 2009-06-20
Location : Central Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Mon Apr 04, 2011 8:41 pm

it's a beautiful course. got a couple of really spectacular holes.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:38 pm

My preference for Bintan's course
1. Ria Bintan
2. Bintan Lagoon's Ian Baker Finch
3. Bintan Lagoon's Jack Nicklaus

Cost wise, green fees are cheaper at Bintan Lagoon.

My 2 cents worth Cool
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 3295
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Tue Apr 05, 2011 5:56 am

Nothing compares to ria. It's one of the most beautiful courses I played
Back to top Go down
mcmug
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 54
Join date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:41 pm

Just played Ria yesterday. Completed all 27holes plus 2 extra (we booked 36 but couldn't finish).

Above all else must be hole number 8 of the Ocean course. A dog blind dog left, it is about 200m to the turn. For me, its in between clubs of 3wd or 3 hybrid. It also tempt better players to draw the drive and if you make it, will be rewarded with a steep downhill roll towards the green! It is of course, easier said than done. If you don't draw it properly, or the draw came too early (read hook), my condolences but you can take a penalty drop.

The view is most magnificent when u arrive for your 2nd shot. At the left turn, the ocean will be revealed. The green is about 140-150m downhill at the edge of the sea. If your approach does not land soft, say goodbye to your ball as it will merrily bounce across the green and into the ocean.

Definitely a must visit.

Tip:
1. bring enough balls. Finding lost balls in the rough is near impossible.
2. Ask for better buggy. The one I had, i think i walk faster then then buggy. It is too far away from the club house once you are in the Ocean course to change the buggy.
3. A caddie I had - Wiwin is a valuable asset. I leave it to her to read my lines or select my clubs. And she was right most times. Not sure about the rest of the caddies though, but I trust they are equally experienced.
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-04-21
Age : 76
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:05 pm

mcmug wrote:
Just played Ria yesterday. Completed all 27holes plus 2 extra (we booked 36 but couldn't finish).

Above all else must be hole number 8 of the Ocean course. A dog blind dog left, it is about 200m to the turn. For me, its in between clubs of 3wd or 3 hybrid. It also tempt better players to draw the drive and if you make it, will be rewarded with a steep downhill roll towards the green! It is of course, easier said than done. If you don't draw it properly, or the draw came too early (read hook), my condolences but you can take a penalty drop.

The view is most magnificent when u arrive for your 2nd shot. At the left turn, the ocean will be revealed. The green is about 140-150m downhill at the edge of the sea. If your approach does not land soft, say goodbye to your ball as it will merrily bounce across the green and into the ocean.

Definitely a must visit.

Tip:
1. bring enough balls. Finding lost balls in the rough is near impossible.
2. Ask for better buggy. The one I had, i think i walk faster then then buggy. It is too far away from the club house once you are in the Ocean course to change the buggy.
3. A caddie I had - Wiwin is a valuable asset. I leave it to her to read my lines or select my clubs. And she was right most times. Not sure about the rest of the caddies though, but I trust they are equally experienced.

Mcmug I'm interested in point 3. What else wiwin does for you.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:43 pm

Ria Bintan is by far the best golf course in Bintan in my personal opinion.
Just finished playing there yesterday and last week as well (go figure). Hope it wont be a weekly thing cause my pay check won't be able to scale that. So bring plenty of ball and if not you can always buy used one for 15 dollar a bag or so, drive it straight most of the time and you should be ok. it's quite a playable course.

Anyway, I think signature holes are 7, 8, 9 ocean course. 7 is a par 5 (442m) and if you drive well (250+) you have a chance for a 2 on. This was voted the best par 5 hole is south east asia (or was it asia I can't remeber) by some again I can't remember magazine.

8th Hole (336m) dog leg left so either draw it or just hit slightly left around 190-200 and you should be about there for a 130-140m downhill approach to the green

9th hole is a par 3, 138 meter to the green, no fairway it's a drop to the ocean so you need to land on the island green.

btw: all distance are from blue tee.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
mcmug
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 54
Join date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:40 am

dmateo wrote:
Ria Bintan is by far the best golf course in Bintan in my personal opinion.
Just finished playing there yesterday and last week as well (go figure). Hope it wont be a weekly thing cause my pay check won't be able to scale that. So bring plenty of ball and if not you can always buy used one for 15 dollar a bag or so, drive it straight most of the time and you should be ok. it's quite a playable course.

Anyway, I think signature holes are 7, 8, 9 ocean course. 7 is a par 5 (442m) and if you drive well (250+) you have a chance for a 2 on. This was voted the best par 5 hole is south east asia (or was it asia I can't remeber) by some again I can't remember magazine.

8th Hole (336m) dog leg left so either draw it or just hit slightly left around 190-200 and you should be about there for a 130-140m downhill approach to the green

Hey were u there with the Golf Fanatic Group?
9th hole is a par 3, 138 meter to the green, no fairway it's a drop to the ocean so you need to land on the island green.

btw: all distance are from blue tee.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down
mcmug
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 54
Join date : 2011-06-07

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:45 am

DimWit Kid wrote:
mcmug wrote:
Just played Ria yesterday. Completed all 27holes plus 2 extra (we booked 36 but couldn't finish).

Above all else must be hole number 8 of the Ocean course. A dog blind dog left, it is about 200m to the turn. For me, its in between clubs of 3wd or 3 hybrid. It also tempt better players to draw the drive and if you make it, will be rewarded with a steep downhill roll towards the green! It is of course, easier said than done. If you don't draw it properly, or the draw came too early (read hook), my condolences but you can take a penalty drop.

The view is most magnificent when u arrive for your 2nd shot. At the left turn, the ocean will be revealed. The green is about 140-150m downhill at the edge of the sea. If your approach does not land soft, say goodbye to your ball as it will merrily bounce across the green and into the ocean.

Definitely a must visit.

Tip:
1. bring enough balls. Finding lost balls in the rough is near impossible.
2. Ask for better buggy. The one I had, i think i walk faster then then buggy. It is too far away from the club house once you are in the Ocean course to change the buggy.
3. A caddie I had - Wiwin is a valuable asset. I leave it to her to read my lines or select my clubs. And she was right most times. Not sure about the rest of the caddies though, but I trust they are equally experienced.

Mcmug I'm interested in point 3. What else wiwin does for you.

Bro, let's just say with her looks, I become a serious golfer. Another reason my buggy was slow is also probably becoz it got weighed down by her HELP
ROFL
Back to top Go down
RIA BINTAN
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 193
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : Bintan, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:09 am

Hi all,
Thanks for the many great feedback.

@Mcmug, Noted for the slow buggy you had. Will feedback to the management.

@dmateo, Hole 7 was voted the Best Par 5 in Asia (Asian Golf Monthly)

@Swedeprince, Just in case you can't wait to see Ria Bintan after reading all the descriptions given above, you can see a 360 degrees virtual tour on our website.

http://www.riabintan.com/WCG_OC.aspx
(Just click on a hole number for the tour and player's tips)

Hope to see you at Ria Bintan soon!

Remember to LIKE us at www.facebook.com/riabintan to receive updated information on promotions and events.

Swing
Back to top Go down
http://www.riabintan.com
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:01 pm

mcmug wrote:

Hey were u there with the Golf Fanatic Group?


nope was before them I think Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RIA BINTAN
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 193
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : Bintan, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Sat Jun 25, 2011 1:38 pm

HI dmateo...

your "there" refers to TMFT or Club itself?

I was @ TMFT with the Golf Fanatics Group that day. Just in case your "there" refers to the club Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.riabintan.com
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:43 pm

If I read the question correctly, seems like mcmug was asking if I was there (in Ria Bintan) with the Golf Fanatic group.
I wasn't. I believe I"m on the third/fourth flight after a 2 ball flight.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:57 pm

Hi Ria Bintan,

Just want to drop a note here.....truly enjoyed myself over 6-7 Oct with 3 games squeezed in.

Smooth ferry trip and transfer all the way.

Fairways and greens were in very good condition for golf and the Par Room was neat and clean.

Perhaps can improve on the wait staff service at the cafeteria?
i.e. serve returning golfers water and towel.

Will be back for more golf.
Back to top Go down
RIA BINTAN
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 193
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : Bintan, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:08 pm

Hi Asahi,

Thank you for taking time out to post a review.

We are very glad that you found our accommodation and golfing facilities up to your standards.

We have noted your comment on the wait staff service at the cafeteria and will inform the operator about the issue.

We look forward to be having you once again on our greens in the near future!

Meanwhile do take some time out to join Ria Bintan on facebook @ www.facebook.com/riabintan !


Regards
Ria Bintan Golf Club
Back to top Go down
http://www.riabintan.com
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 764
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 52
Location : Metro Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:50 pm

2 years ago, My wife and I enjoyed playing @ Ria Bintan.

The Hotel staff and Golf course staff were courteous and we felt at home.

Great Food and great comfortable bed too

We plan to go back & play next year again.
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/pnchung
RIA BINTAN
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 193
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : Bintan, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:41 am

Dear HyBriD,

Thank you for taking time out to post a review for us!

We are glad that we left quite the impression on you and your wife. We will endeavour to keep up our standards.

We will pass on the compliments to our hotel staff who will be most glad to receive them!

We look forward to be having you next year...

PS. the year is ending Smile

Regards
Ria Bintan Golf Club
Back to top Go down
http://www.riabintan.com
RIA BINTAN
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 193
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : Bintan, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:13 am

Dear all,

We will be announcing a mega promotion for the month of November for our FIRST ever anniversay promotions for our Golf Lodge.

So stay tuned to our facebook page @ www.facebook.com/riabintan

Details will be first released there.

Regards
Ria Bintan Golf Club
Back to top Go down
http://www.riabintan.com
golf_new_comer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 137
Join date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Mon Oct 24, 2011 11:56 am


Well, interested. What is the package?
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 749
Join date : 2009-12-17
Age : 33
Location : Anywhere!

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:38 pm

Hotel service was good, staff were very friendly and helpful. Lodging was good with nice rooms too.

Course was beautiful and in pretty good condition. Only thing is, the cafeteria food takes quite a while to be served (abt 30-45mins) even when there's not a big crowd. And the Ria bintan burger beef patty was pretty hard and overcooked, almost akin to an ice hockey puck. Quality of food could be improved =)

Just my 2 cents worth!
Back to top Go down
golf_new_comer
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 137
Join date : 2011-09-24

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Mon Oct 24, 2011 12:53 pm


Would it be crowded during the weekends?
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 3295
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:03 pm

Totally agree with Croccy

The course was good. Caddies professional. Room is nice and clean. All the other staff from the marshalls to the front house to the waiters etc was friendly and helpful.

The only thing that is stopping me from putting a star on my Ria Bintan experience is the food.

Its almost a well known fact that the food in the Bintan resorts will be charged at premium prices. However, the only thing we can hope for is that the quality of the food would make u feel that it is worth the premium paid.

Like croc, i have the burger. The meat patty was too hard and overcooked. Had the gado gado, which was supposed to be the chef special. the peanut sauce that came with it was tasteless. However, i thoroughly enjoyed your mee goreng. That was excellent.

I really hope the food quality can be improved cos it leaves a lot to be desired.
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 749
Join date : 2009-12-17
Age : 33
Location : Anywhere!

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Mon Oct 24, 2011 1:32 pm

mee goreng got no prawns. more dao-gey than noodle.
Back to top Go down
RIA BINTAN
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 193
Join date : 2011-01-20
Location : Bintan, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:16 pm

Dear BabyCroc & Nientsu,

Thank you for your valuable feedback and wonderful compliments.

Rest assured that your comments will be passed onto the our restaurant operator.

We shall look into improving the service and quality of food provided by our existing operator.

We look forward to be serving you once again @ Ria Bintan Golf Club!

Regards
Ria Bintan Golf Club
Back to top Go down
http://www.riabintan.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Ria Bintan Golf Club   Today at 5:13 am

Back to top Go down
 
Ria Bintan Golf Club
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» $77 For Golf Saver Package At Laguna Bintan Golf Club
» ria bintan golf club free green fee voucher to give away
» Sign up for the Golf Asia Challenge 2012 @ Ria Bintan & Get a Goodie Bag worth over $200!
» How low do you grip your golf club?
» SGA Golf Club

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Courses and Ranges-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.