Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Please Be HONEST

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2154
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:14 am

do u all feel guilty or not...

spendding so much time for golf.

driving range, golf course.....


I DO
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:15 am

chocoman wrote:
do u all feel guilty or not...

spendding so much time for golf.

driving range, golf course.....


I DO

I do as well. It's tough... and I'm trying to cut back but it's not easy.

Choco, are we playing on the weekend of 12/13 Sept? Wink

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2154
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:16 am

Technospaz wrote:
chocoman wrote:
do u all feel guilty or not...

spendding so much time for golf.

driving range, golf course.....


I DO

I do as well. It's tough... and I'm trying to cut back but it's not easy.

Choco, are we playing on the weekend of 12/13 Sept? Wink

oooIIIIII time for reflection here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad Mad
Back to top Go down
benhogan
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:43 am

I used to range 4 times and play 3 rounds a week for many years..
That was when $ was gd and I was healthy. Guilty? just a little. Neglected abit of work and family.
Now I play 1 round a mth and range occassionally... no more $ and not as healthy.. pale
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1324
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 35
Location : Sometimes Serangoon Sometimes India

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:22 am

Yes yes I am!!
The only few days I am in Singapore, half of it goes to golf.
CFO is fine or even when no kaki to golf, she volunteer to join me. Very Happy

1 game per weekend.. the other days when she wana go blade or swim, me bery tired to do so.. cun wake up early. Very Happy

So guilty.. but how to curb the grass addiction? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3179
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:09 am

The only guilt when I play golf is to leave my family and not spending time with them especially with my 10mth old baby boy.... what to do, life has to be balance... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1210
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 29
Location : Serangoon Gardens

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:16 am

yup! balance/moderation is the key! the easiest and most important thing you can ever do for your family is to be there for them! Smile so we should go play night golf when they sleep. haha
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1324
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 35
Location : Sometimes Serangoon Sometimes India

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:45 am

In japan there is 24hrs Range.
Probably that's the way to balance...
But end up having Pandas playing golf..

Suspect
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3179
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:55 am

ironfist wrote:
yup! balance/moderation is the key! the easiest and most important thing you can ever do for your family is to be there for them! Smile so we should go play night golf when they sleep. haha

Ya lor... thats' why my range time is after 8pmish when my baby boy is going to bed...

But it's really hard to strike a balance as golf normally consume 1/2 day at least if you play 18 holes..
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 230
Join date : 2009-07-28
Location : Kovan

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:02 pm

Roystonnn wrote:
In japan there is 24hrs Range.
Probably that's the way to balance...
But end up having Pandas playing golf..

Suspect

How I wish MBGC range opens till 3am on a weekend (at least once a month). Beer and swing party!
Back to top Go down
ping ping
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 65
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:45 pm

chocoman wrote:
do u all feel guilty or not...

spendding so much time for golf.

driving range, golf course.....


I DO

No. Smile
Back to top Go down
puteh83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 479
Join date : 2009-06-22

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:54 pm

I'm guilty of not spending enough time practising/playing!! Razz
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:57 pm

Dstruc wrote:

How I wish MBGC range opens till 3am on a weekend (at least once a month). Beer and swing party!

I wish the range opens FROM 3am instead, 7 am is a tad too late since children's school start at 7.30, work at 9 and night time is for family's TLC.
Back to top Go down
hardballs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-06-28
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:11 pm

Golf is good for long term physical and mental health so you can enjoy your life longer with your family so a little time for golf now will mean more time with your family later in life...
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1368
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:34 pm

Heck NO!
I feel guilty I'm not getting enough time on the course...

Wanted to cabot to play 9 this evening; but end up kenna stuck at work.. So have to shelve the game and end up in GR... Sad
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1210
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 29
Location : Serangoon Gardens

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:37 pm

maybe to not feel guilty we have to engineer the day to our advantage. send wife to massage/facial, send kid(s) to grandma for 'day of bonding' and then spend the whole day on the course guilt free! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 271
Join date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 9:37 pm

A little bit, i think...

That's why i try to range after 10 pm, after my wife & son go to bed. And i also make sure no golf on Sunday, reserved for church & family. Ease the guilt a little that way.

With the rise in popularity of this sport, i won't be surprise if 1 day some ranges are opened for 24 hrs. Then maybe every midnight is Golf Republicans gathering. Laughing
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 430
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Jurong

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:13 pm

try going on overseas golfing trips then.... or maybe, that's OB straightaway... ha
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1368
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:22 pm

who8168 wrote:
A little bit, i think...

That's why i try to range after 10 pm, after my wife & son go to bed. And i also make sure no golf on Sunday, reserved for church & family. Ease the guilt a little that way.

With the rise in popularity of this sport, i won't be surprise if 1 day some ranges are opened for 24 hrs. Then maybe every midnight is Golf Republicans gathering. Laughing
according to a wise lamts18...
Golf/range at night... better to use night-clubs.. albino
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:51 am

Ssquirrel wrote:

according to a wise lamts18...
Golf/range at night... better to use night-clubs.. albino

Bring your own balls heheheh
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 41
Location : Singapore. North

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:52 am

I really do feel guilt.
In the last 8 months, my spending has increase umpteen fold. Not I seems to have two of everything. As a move to rectify this. I have decided to cool off on the golf related purchases and spend more time and effort at womanising and drinking.
I think this course of action will get my wife to get off my back about the umpteen number of iron sets and putters I have purchased.
If this goes well, I might have to expand my property portfolio to accommodate the new relationships I am likely to make at these local night spots.

Further more, this course of action will help cross border relationships with China, Vietnam and who knows where else. I guess, I am fulfilling my responsibilities as a global ambassador for our little country.

NO! I don't feel bad about spending on Golf.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 3575
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:57 am

you are most apt to be quoted 'i spend all my money on golf, fast cars and women. The rest i just squandered'

_________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:12 am

What if your spouse/family played golf too and loved the sport as much as you?

*wake up*

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
who8168
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 271
Join date : 2009-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:53 am

Technospaz wrote:
What if your spouse/family played golf too and loved the sport as much as you?

*wake up*

Even better still... then can go for family golf outing, which leads to no more guilt.

I ignite the interest for golf in my wife & son 3 yrs back. My wife is neutral to the game, playing only max once a month; while my son takes golf as CCA in his secondary school, but too lazy to practise out of that time. Hopefully i can find another way to further fuel their interest in this game.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2514
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:58 am

G_Man wrote:
I really do feel guilt.
In the last 8 months, my spending has increase umpteen fold. Not I seems to have two of everything. As a move to rectify this. I have decided to cool off on the golf related purchases and spend more time and effort at womanising and drinking.
I think this course of action will get my wife to get off my back about the umpteen number of iron sets and putters I have purchased.
If this goes well, I might have to expand my property portfolio to accommodate the new relationships I am likely to make at these local night spots.

Further more, this course of action will help cross border relationships with China, Vietnam and who knows where else. I guess, I am fulfilling my responsibilities as a global ambassador for our little country.

NO! I don't feel bad about spending on Golf.


Please jio me along ... i am so crap a player i shall stop buying now ..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Please Be HONEST   Today at 5:47 am

Back to top Go down
 
Please Be HONEST
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Honest John
» The Most Honest Used Car Ad
» Honest Trailers - WWE
» Honest John in The Telegraph today
» Honest assessment

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.