Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1830
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : [strike]Tiong Bahru[/strike] Bedok

PostSubject: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:56 pm






Back to top Go down
alucard
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 254
Join date : 2009-08-14

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:39 pm

i wish i stay in MP so that I can vote for her...
we need more folks like her in our govt, not kate spade promoters
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:43 pm

alucard wrote:
i wish i stay in MP so that I can vote for her...
we need more folks like her in our govt, not kate spade promoters

Ouch!!.... love the way you rub it in...
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 3295
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:20 pm

she is actually quite cute :-p
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1830
Join date : 2009-12-23
Location : [strike]Tiong Bahru[/strike] Bedok

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Sun Apr 24, 2011 10:25 pm

http://www.facebook.com/nicoleseahnsp

have you "Liked" her yet? 16,041 and counting... in just a few days...

Some numbers for reference..

TPL 2,643

Highest in PAP,
George Yeo, 18,651 ( over dunno how long)
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 5118
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Home sweat home...

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:05 pm

She looks sweaty.

Must be really crazy weather in Sg but kudos to her for keeping it cool and handling that interview well.

_________________
Stay Thirsty My Friends...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:09 am

Too bad she's in marine parade. Else sure to win.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:12 am

Handle interviews well means good ah???
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:16 am

duffader wrote:
Handle interviews well means good ah???

Then let ppl vote her in to show how good she is...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:20 am

Compared to the other young gal, she is way above her.

But 1st impressions based on interviews and public speaking so far is good.
Whether she can deliver back end, only time will tell, if given the chance.

Marine Parade is too strong with the incumbent strong man, so would be tough for her party to win.
If she is in Aljunied or Eunos, better chance lah.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 3295
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:35 am

I think the opposition strategy in strong places like Marine Parade is not to win, but to create an awareness that there is an alternative voice. Honestly, I do hope for a 2 or 3 party type of govt.

A single party govt just gives politicians too much power to do as they will, without much accountability and thinking they can be let off the hook with just one or two nicely worded PR statements. But this will take at least another 20 years approx. There is a saying, "Power corrupts" and i so believe in this.

Make no mistake, i think the govt has done a good job in Singapore. However, there are many concerns; housing prices are rising like nobodies business while our income has not increased much when compared to inflation. Best part the housing minister keeps on justifying that prices are still ok, its still affordable, we have ample supply. And he does it by showing us charts which doesnt address the point. But public housing prices has increased by about 50% in the last 5 years!! Has our pay increased 50% in the last 5 years?

Another recent issues was the PM's reply on a student's qn on why his constituency hasnt been upgraded? Was it because his was an opposition area? PM's reply was, "YES" sinply things like these that show power currupts
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 9:54 am

hdb upgrading is always a topic in all elections, from what i can remember from the last election, the ruling party gave another reason on for the same qn. At least this time they finally tell the truth.


On second thought, even if they are to give us another excuse, we still know the truth.
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 5118
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Home sweat home...

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:28 am

My navy colleague paid:

$760k for a 5-room HDB flat in Lavender next to the ICA.

That includes $69k COV.

That was back in Jan. His pay certainly has not risen 5 fold.

Thats really twice what I paid for mine back in '07.

However, he seems to think it was a great deal so I leave it to him what he thinks is 'affordable'.

_________________
Stay Thirsty My Friends...
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1471
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:03 pm

S70B wrote:
My navy colleague paid:

$760k for a 5-room HDB flat in Lavender next to the ICA.

That includes $69k COV.

That was back in Jan. His pay certainly has not risen 5 fold.

Thats really twice what I paid for mine back in '07.

However, he seems to think it was a great deal so I leave it to him what he thinks is 'affordable'.

affraid serious ...

Phew ...
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:12 pm

mowen wrote:
S70B wrote:
My navy colleague paid:

$760k for a 5-room HDB flat in Lavender next to the ICA.

That includes $69k COV.

That was back in Jan. His pay certainly has not risen 5 fold.

Thats really twice what I paid for mine back in '07.

However, he seems to think it was a great deal so I leave it to him what he thinks is 'affordable'.

affraid serious ...

Phew ...


so u are sleeping on a asset worth a million dollars.....

can we do $5 cuthroat next time......
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 481
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 37
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:36 pm

One example i think why Opposition is important:

if you remember the 2006 election, Means Testing for Medical Care in hospitals in SG was a hugely debated topic by Government and Opposition

5 years on, this policy has been re-thought, I think until now, it has not been implemented

again, i dont think NCMP is true opposition, that is an engineered democracy

Coming back to Nicole, for her age, she does speak well and can hold her own, way better than Kate Spade gardener
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1313
Join date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:48 pm

If I had a say, there really is no way I'd vote for either of the 20-somethings as they just lack the necessary experience.....so while the media goes on and on about nicole and TPL, they're both not ready yet....if we extrapolate their potential based on what's been put out so far, then Nicole appears to be more capable.....right now, though, both need to eat more salt....to have lived a fuller life where they have some real regrets, some bumps in the road that would give them some different perspectives rather than the admittedly smooth ride to date...we don't need textbook answers, we need real-world solutions.....

you can vote for me at www.facau.com.....
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:52 pm

francis,
maybe u should run for presidency! Cool

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Agumon
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1071
Join date : 2009-09-08
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:13 pm

in Jakarta too.. they need u!!!
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 41
Location : Singapore. North

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:27 pm

Hrmmm, seems strange that there are so many political expressions/views here.
While it is an interesting topic. it is also rather sensitive... but arh well, since we are at it...
Here is some food for thought:
Why vote for the opposition? <-- I have posed this question to a lot of people in the weeks before now. Surprisingly, a lot of people cant really answer this question.. The most common reply is: "for a change..."
Great. the next time we go on a course. pls use a driver to putt... FOR A CHANGE...

Okay, dont get me wrong, I am not pro either parties. And trust me, there only seem to be two at his junction... But If one is to believe that the voting method works, at least know what you are voting for and read the money-festoes... As an expensive government, i doubt anyone, incumbant or opp, will be willing to take less pay to have their say.. so its a money-festo..

On the issue of housing, affordability is a very subjective issue. Yes, we can build HDBs like there is no tomorrow. sell them at such cheap prices that almost everyone can buy one.
But will all those that are currently vested please let me know how much you are willing to see your HDB drop by? cos in the world of demand and supply, when there is too much supply, you might demand a more stable pricing market, with ironically, less supply.

On the topic of inflation, there are limited means to address this.
In simple economics, one would have to hike interest rate to curb inflation, again, who wants a higher cost of owning property and/or a car? wow. back to the property thingy again...
in the previous months, i have watched the SGD strengthen heaps and bounds... This is the main weapon that our little dot uses to curb inflation... By literally making sure that our currency can buy more... Strangely. Golf balls are still the same price... so are tee-s, rice, oil. sugar... etc... so the only conclusion i have is that retailers rather stuff you with a higher selling price while they enjoy a cheaper cost of goods... fyi: SGD to USD was 1.30 in Jan... this month its at 1.2400 averages... and literally now 1.2345.. So ideally, boycott retailers...

Yes, the gov can make our SGD much stronger. maybe 1.15 agst the USD... Wow wouldnt that be great? a super strong SGD. But heh, at those levels, there is a MODERATE risk, that Foreign Direect investments will all but come to an end, and we would have priced our little dot off the map all together... And then companies will have to move off shore, jobs in Singapore will be lost. Unemplyment will creep higher over a protracted period of time. Houses will be cheaper as people are forced to fire sale... Well, at least property may come off....

My point here is this: While it is fun to contemplate changes. be careful when they come... I am as yet undecided, but rereading what i have posted, i guess its logical where i am steering to... We want change... But, WHAT CHANGE? Please at least read the instructions to what they are selling you...

Juggling 3 balls is difficult. try juggling the interest of a nation. Not just for the next 4 years but to eternity ... And whatever the candidate looks like, if I dont wake up with them next to me, why should i care?
Back to top Go down
G_Man
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 437
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 41
Location : Singapore. North

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:47 pm

ralphlim wrote:
One example i think why Opposition is important:

if you remember the 2006 election, Means Testing for Medical Care in hospitals in SG was a hugely debated topic by Government and Opposition


I hope to be corrected if I am wrong...

The term Means Testing refers to the discover of what the average can afford. This in my opinion is not an ideal situation for the Singapore medical profession: Here are my reasons:
1. Assuming that current medical cost are priced at a SUB Mean level.
2. As singapore is a very fracture society interms of income and spending habits, A means tested result will be biased to statistics that are based solely on discoverable incomes. ie: gainfully employed, IRAS based info...

IF we are to assume that health care is now priced at SUB mean leavel, means testing based medical cost will have resultants:
a: Health care cost will go up across the board.
How will this affect broader singapore? Well this will mean the rich are no subsidised and the poor are now penalised. I doubt this is the intented results.

b: Lets assume that medical cost here are now priced above the mean, ie: higher then the average singaporean can afford:
Then obviously, the cost of medical intervention will reduce. but in turn, so will the talent in the public medical services pool.... Why would a qualified doc chose to do public service medicine when the private sector pays better? oh yeah, arent most our nurses imports now? but wait... the foreign influx that is stealing our jobs is another topic....

So the ideal will be a free floating flexible system right? ie you pay for what you want. how you want it. And if you cant, at least there is some help to be afforded you...
But wait... this is medi-save and medi-sheild.... And after studying the model, I am wondering why are we gunning for change when other countries are using our model as a base platform? after all, we are as close to universal health care as anyone else in the world... FYI:L countries that are on a 100% universal health care model have income taxes starting at 15% (0 to 41544), 22% (41544 to 83088) and step up to 29%... GST levels of 12 to 15%...

But there is one model in the world we can follow: Medical cost in Cuba are ZERO!!! You only pay for the medicine, great idea, except: you cant vote, your car was made in 1960s cos no foreign vehicles were imported post the revolution, you cant buy or sell a property cos it is all owned by the state...

Be happy with what we have, but work to make it better. But again, be careful what changes we vote for.


Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2514
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:11 pm

G_Man wrote:
ralphlim wrote:
One example i think why Opposition is important:

if you remember the 2006 election, Means Testing for Medical Care in hospitals in SG was a hugely debated topic by Government and Opposition


I hope to be corrected if I am wrong...

The term Means Testing refers to the discover of what the average can afford. This in my opinion is not an ideal situation for the Singapore medical profession: Here are my reasons:
1. Assuming that current medical cost are priced at a SUB Mean level.
2. As singapore is a very fracture society interms of income and spending habits, A means tested result will be biased to statistics that are based solely on discoverable incomes. ie: gainfully employed, IRAS based info...

IF we are to assume that health care is now priced at SUB mean leavel, means testing based medical cost will have resultants:
a: Health care cost will go up across the board.
How will this affect broader singapore? Well this will mean the rich are no subsidised and the poor are now penalised. I doubt this is the intented results.

b: Lets assume that medical cost here are now priced above the mean, ie: higher then the average singaporean can afford:
Then obviously, the cost of medical intervention will reduce. but in turn, so will the talent in the public medical services pool.... Why would a qualified doc chose to do public service medicine when the private sector pays better? oh yeah, arent most our nurses imports now? but wait... the foreign influx that is stealing our jobs is another topic....

So the ideal will be a free floating flexible system right? ie you pay for what you want. how you want it. And if you cant, at least there is some help to be afforded you...
But wait... this is medi-save and medi-sheild.... And after studying the model, I am wondering why are we gunning for change when other countries are using our model as a base platform? after all, we are as close to universal health care as anyone else in the world... FYI:L countries that are on a 100% universal health care model have income taxes starting at 15% (0 to 41544), 22% (41544 to 83088) and step up to 29%... GST levels of 12 to 15%...

But there is one model in the world we can follow: Medical cost in Cuba are ZERO!!! You only pay for the medicine, great idea, except: you cant vote, your car was made in 1960s cos no foreign vehicles were imported post the revolution, you cant buy or sell a property cos it is all owned by the state...

Be happy with what we have, but work to make it better. But again, be careful what changes we vote for.



G man,

I vote for you :-)
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 481
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 37
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:02 pm

I don't think anyone is disputing that PAP has done a good job
But i think they are also starting to lose touch with the common ground and esp the younger generation

Will they lose the government this election? Def NO, lose 1-2 GRCs, maybe if voters are prepared to give other parties a chance to serve

again, i don't think Singaporeans is asking for CHANGE to anything that works or for the sake of it, most people will agree NS policy is a good policy, same like mandatory education

Good opposition will also not ask for CHANGE for the sake of it, so i dont agree that CHANGE should be our focus. PAP also regularly change rules as well, it will happen for any government

I am not advocating for more opposition or less PAP. It is the due process which leads to whatever end result is MORE important, which is why i understand folks are calling for a wider views to be represented in Government

Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1158
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 48
Location : Little Red Dot

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:35 pm

I have no issue with PAP except the obscene salaries and ..................

I believe the objectives of having more opposition in parliament is not to oppose for the sake of opposing but an alternative voice and also ensure a check and balance system.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:03 pm

nutty88 wrote:
I have no issue with PAP except the obscene salaries and ..................

I believe the objectives of having more opposition in parliament is not to oppose for the sake of opposing but an alternative voice and also ensure a check and balance system.

I also never mention about your obscene ........ lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Today at 3:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market
» Nicole Seah?
» Robin Lehner Interview
» Stock Market ~ NIR Sunday 22nd November
» Triple H interview

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.