Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:56 am

if you have a group of ppl that only knows how to say yes to the head, I do not think this is good.

It is good to have a minority of people that will "challenge" the proposal so after the "challenging", they can come up with a better proposal.

All this should be done with the ultimate goal in mind and not to sabotage each other.

Look at LBH, retired and finally make noise about what he does not agree... look at OTC, he wants to be president to make some changes but in the end he is overpowered.

Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1255
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 99
Location : Teban Garden

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:00 am

and68low wrote:
Let me put it in golfing contexts about " LKY's we cannot anyhow "change" government." I for one believe in that thinking...... Look at SICC, since the inception of transferable membership, the members wanted "Change" and they fought very hard to have the Club be run by elected members instead of appointees holding the key positions..... thats is fine... wait !... they not only wanted elected members BUT wanted "New members"(newly bought) to be run the club ! Without strong roots, culture, history and much understanding of the club. They even have convincing manifesto which never acted. the fateful day came and "new members" were voted into power and follow by ousting out all the "Old management"..... Guess what happens.... the club have gone to the Dogs since....why ? they keep reinventing the wheels(ie policies and structures) and from a leading club in Singapore and now SICC is lagging far behind TMCC and SENTOSA(they have not change since day one) !

Yes I am afraid of "Change" especially to change for the sake of changing , nothing is perfect and no one can please everyone or sector, somethings have to give in or will be less satisfied ..... so, if it is doing "OK" and not spoilt, Do Not change !

Back to Sicc again, their election is round the corner .. from the grapevine, now they want a "change back" to let the experience one run the club !

Painfully learned by members and wasted years of enduring poor management !

Dont regret for what you asked for ..... or is it the grass is greener on the other side ?

That why you are always the Captain deep in my heart Face Hug
I don't like the present governing party as well for some of their policies but I have to admit that most of their policies are still there for the good of the country and people.
I just hope that they will look into the over populated foreigner issue. It make me feel like kana invaded! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:08 am

jimmychoo wrote:
and68low wrote:
Let me put it in golfing contexts about " LKY's we cannot anyhow "change" government." I for one believe in that thinking...... Look at SICC, since the inception of transferable membership, the members wanted "Change" and they fought very hard to have the Club be run by elected members instead of appointees holding the key positions..... thats is fine... wait !... they not only wanted elected members BUT wanted "New members"(newly bought) to be run the club ! Without strong roots, culture, history and much understanding of the club. They even have convincing manifesto which never acted. the fateful day came and "new members" were voted into power and follow by ousting out all the "Old management"..... Guess what happens.... the club have gone to the Dogs since....why ? they keep reinventing the wheels(ie policies and structures) and from a leading club in Singapore and now SICC is lagging far behind TMCC and SENTOSA(they have not change since day one) !

Yes I am afraid of "Change" especially to change for the sake of changing , nothing is perfect and no one can please everyone or sector, somethings have to give in or will be less satisfied ..... so, if it is doing "OK" and not spoilt, Do Not change !

Back to Sicc again, their election is round the corner .. from the grapevine, now they want a "change back" to let the experience one run the club !

Painfully learned by members and wasted years of enduring poor management !

Dont regret for what you asked for ..... or is it the grass is greener on the other side ?

That why you are always the Captain deep in my heart Face Hug
I don't like the present governing party as well for some of their policies but I have to admit that most of their policies are still there for the good of the country and people.
I just hope that they will look into the over populated foreigner issue. It make me feel like kana invaded! Crying or Very sad

No choice lah.... singaporeans dun want to work as general workers leh. And at engineer levels, one normal engineer pay might be able to get 2-3 FT engineers. So in order to make the company more competitive, some companies have no choice.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:12 am

duffader wrote:

No choice lah.... singaporeans dun want to work as general workers leh. And at engineer levels, one normal engineer pay might be able to get 2-3 FT engineers. So in order to make the company more competitive, some companies have no choice.

This is unfortunately true. A few of friend in engineering sector have these problem. SGrean just don't want to do these type of jobs. What do you expect SG company to do when they cant even attract single SGrean applicants?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:19 am

Great, friendly debate and fantastic analogies drawn out in this thread.

It is such insightful and mature sharing that we would all learn about the various perspectives held by different ppl.

And the reason why we did not lock this thread even though our R & R spells out, "no discussion of politics."
Discussion and ideas sharing should be conducted as such; in a meaningful/purposeful manner.

Well done ppl!
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2668
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 35
Location : Pasir Gudang / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:35 am

Why so much talk about Foreign Talent? SGians simply despise working as General Workers as its degrading to them!!!

Instead of complaining about Foreign Talents coming to Singapore, why not consider going overseas to work and become a Foreign Talent?

Is the life in SG that cushy that one doesn't want to uproot and maybe do something about it instead of complaining?

Talking about change... Is one willing to reinvent themselves or does one just expect that society change to suit them?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:37 am

JonL_TK wrote:
Why so much talk about Foreign Talent? SGians simply despise working as General Workers as its degrading to them!!!

Instead of complaining about Foreign Talents coming to Singapore, why not consider going overseas to work and become a Foreign Talent?

Is the life in SG that cushy that one doesn't want to uproot and maybe do something about it instead of complaining?

Talking about change... Is one willing to reinvent themselves or does one just expect that society change to suit them?

Wah, Ms lee, for the months that we have been friends, you have shown that you know something besides robbing the tour vans... Razz
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2668
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 35
Location : Pasir Gudang / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:40 am

duffader wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Why so much talk about Foreign Talent? SGians simply despise working as General Workers as its degrading to them!!!

Instead of complaining about Foreign Talents coming to Singapore, why not consider going overseas to work and become a Foreign Talent?

Is the life in SG that cushy that one doesn't want to uproot and maybe do something about it instead of complaining?

Talking about change... Is one willing to reinvent themselves or does one just expect that society change to suit them?

Wah, Ms lee, for the months that we have been friends, you have shown that you know something besides robbing the tour vans... Razz
I also Foreign Talent in a Foreign land mah...
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1255
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 99
Location : Teban Garden

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:58 am

JonL_TK wrote:
duffader wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Why so much talk about Foreign Talent? SGians simply despise working as General Workers as its degrading to them!!!

Instead of complaining about Foreign Talents coming to Singapore, why not consider going overseas to work and become a Foreign Talent?

Is the life in SG that cushy that one doesn't want to uproot and maybe do something about it instead of complaining?

Talking about change... Is one willing to reinvent themselves or does one just expect that society change to suit them?

Wah, Ms lee, for the months that we have been friends, you have shown that you know something besides robbing the tour vans... Razz
I also Foreign Talent in a Foreign land mah...
You are not foreign talent lah, you are higher level than that..... you are foreign Ah Seah Kia ROFL
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2668
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 35
Location : Pasir Gudang / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:01 pm

jimmychoo wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
duffader wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Why so much talk about Foreign Talent? SGians simply despise working as General Workers as its degrading to them!!!

Instead of complaining about Foreign Talents coming to Singapore, why not consider going overseas to work and become a Foreign Talent?

Is the life in SG that cushy that one doesn't want to uproot and maybe do something about it instead of complaining?

Talking about change... Is one willing to reinvent themselves or does one just expect that society change to suit them?

Wah, Ms lee, for the months that we have been friends, you have shown that you know something besides robbing the tour vans... Razz
I also Foreign Talent in a Foreign land mah...
You are not foreign talent lah, you are higher level than that..... you are foreign Ah Seah Kia

No such role lah... Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1158
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 48
Location : Little Red Dot

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:08 pm

There is a difference between foreign workers and foreign talents leh.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:18 pm

Khorkar wrote:
duffader wrote:

No choice lah.... singaporeans dun want to work as general workers leh. And at engineer levels, one normal engineer pay might be able to get 2-3 FT engineers. So in order to make the company more competitive, some companies have no choice.

This is unfortunately true. A few of friend in engineering sector have these problem. SGrean just don't want to do these type of jobs. What do you expect SG company to do when they cant even attract single SGrean applicants?

not that SG company cant attract local applicants, just that MNCs offer more than SMEs....

local firms cant beat the rates n peaks offer by the Esso and the Shell..... What a Face
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2668
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 35
Location : Pasir Gudang / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:30 pm

slinger wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
duffader wrote:

No choice lah.... singaporeans dun want to work as general workers leh. And at engineer levels, one normal engineer pay might be able to get 2-3 FT engineers. So in order to make the company more competitive, some companies have no choice.

This is unfortunately true. A few of friend in engineering sector have these problem. SGrean just don't want to do these type of jobs. What do you expect SG company to do when they cant even attract single SGrean applicants?

not that SG company cant attract local applicants, just that MNCs offer more than SMEs....

local firms cant beat the rates n peaks offer by the Esso and the Shell..... What a Face
Written like a True Towkay!!!
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 758
Join date : 2011-01-04
Age : 50
Location : Home soil ......

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:40 pm

He is indeed .........
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:47 pm

my shifu is not only a towkay, but also a gentlemanly golfer with encouraging words for his flight mates, he's won my admiration.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:55 pm

zhenxua wrote:
my shifu is not only a towkay, but also a gentlemanly golfer with encouraging words for his flight mates, he's won my admiration.

Try playing Vegas with him without dividing by 2.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 1:59 pm

apparently, there was a whole forum thread about her sweating. Looks like I can be good friends with her...

Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 3:57 pm

Why this hawker can't afford to maintain prices
Letter from Edward Chan 02:05 PM Apr 26, 2011

I read with interest that the Retail Price Watch Group (RPWG) enlisted more than 120 hawker stalls to pledge to maintain their prices for six months. Mr Lee Yi Shyan, Chairman of the RPWG, Minister of State for Trade and Industry and Manpower and MP for East Coast GRC, was present to launch the initiative on March 20. The RPWG was "encouraged to see more businesses taking the initiative to help Singaporeans mitigate increases in prices."

Despite the Ministry of Trade and Industry's efforts to maintain food prices at hawker centres, it is with regret and trepidation that I read about the high-handed stance that the National Environment Agency is taking toward hawkers. My retiree friend was notified by NEA that his stall at Old Airport Hawker Centre had been "assessed by professional valuers to be fair and reasonable" regarding his rental increase from S$1,110 to S$1,500 with effect from April 1, after taking into account "stall size, location and the prevailing economic conditions". This letter came in response to his appeal through Mr Lim Biow Chuan, MP for Marine Parade GRC.

It leaves me saddened that agencies are taking initiatives counter to each other's. On the one hand, MTI wants to keep inflation low and prices stable. On the other hand, NEA is bent on keeping in line with "prevailing economic conditions". My friend is keen to maintain his prices but with a 36 per cent increase in rental, he will find it difficult not to pass this price increase to his customers.

NEA's letter also states: "If you have difficulty maintaining your stall rent, you may consider assigning the stall to an eligible party or surrendering it to NEA." This is his livelihood as a retiree. So it's a take it or leave it approach? Such compassion, coming from the civil service. I can understand if this were a private landlord.

Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1158
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 48
Location : Little Red Dot

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:27 pm

Mizzy, your article is a typical case whereby multiple agencies have their own agenda and objectives which are not aligned.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:38 pm

no one talking about perspiring xmm?
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:39 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Mizzy, your article is a typical case whereby multiple agencies have their own agenda and objectives which are not aligned.

well policy comes down from ministers from on high..
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:42 pm

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
no one talking about perspiring xmm?

you like sweaty xmm hur? best if round, cushy and sweaty.. What a Face
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:02 pm

mizzy wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
no one talking about perspiring xmm?

you like sweaty xmm hur? best if round, cushy and sweaty.. What a Face

i am actually trying to stay on topic. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 481
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 37
Location : SG

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:15 pm

mizzy wrote:
nutty88 wrote:
Mizzy, your article is a typical case whereby multiple agencies have their own agenda and objectives which are not aligned.

well policy comes down from ministers from on high..

Mizzy
I agree, Ministers on a high are losing touch with reality on-ground folks...It is sad and naive that Govt think 1 Grow n Share package can lower rising costs... tell that to the retiree stallholder "Cheng Hu huo li $$ tao chui, jia chui gia tuo ting"

Given that ministers high salary are peg to top earners in private sector, where is the accountability?

If a CEO were to burst his AOP by 3x, i am sure shareholders or Board will question, but when it comes to our YOG, the response was "Other countries Winter/Summer/Olympic Games costs more" Is that an explanation?

Same for Mas Selamat.... so there is definitely a lack of reconcile and disconnect

Ultimately we all have 1 vote
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:21 pm

Mizzy,

Dont need to post so much...

I vote for you la... Make sure its in Ang suah.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market   Today at 8:15 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Nicole Seah: unscripted, unrehearsed interview @ Aljunied market
» Nicole Seah?
» Robin Lehner Interview
» Stock Market ~ NIR Sunday 22nd November
» Triple H interview

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.