Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 10:49 am

i personally think its not about winning or losing. of course one will do their best to try and advance in the league standings but learning from your competitors will certainty make you a better golfer in the long run.

looking at the likes of Kian, Duffy, Ms Lee, 4dtoto, Pushslice, Sham, Alvin7379, WMF, Asahi and many others, they have improved leaps and bounds because they are not afraid to lose.

as for some of the better players like S70B, Mowen, bee2007, Golfool, Slinger and Capt, competition keeps them on their toes. as for Shorthitter, he is always happy to join in the fun, a true gentleman on the course too. Now that he has his driver fixed, beware!

its win-win at the end of the day for experience and game improvement.

i am sorry if i did not mentioned your nick or expose your true potential.

maybe the top ranked player should get an air ticket to HCM and we can leave him in the good hands of bro Winston and his avatars.

have a great week ahead......DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 10:57 am

wilkang wrote:
I believe most of our GR'ians are maybe slightly taken aback by looking at the participants. Very Happy
Intimidating for most. Like myself.

And this is something which we want to address within the close knitted GR community.

The objective is to encourage golfers of all levels to put those fears aside and join us.
It's not a question of worthiness but rather passion for the sport.
We all want to improve our game, don't we?
It's time to put those hours of practice at the range to some good use.
Challenge yourself.

At the end of the day, it's not the number standings next to your name that counts.
It's how we flame the passion for golf and brings us closer together.
The better players will guide you with some tips & tricks on the course, maybe some swing secrets or special putting techniques.

Golf Republic is turning 2 in June.
And it's all thanks to everyone in here, active posters..silent readers..Pros..beginners and seasoned beginners etc.
We have impressive numbers to show on the board, it's time we show impressive numbers on the course.

So i urge golfers of all levels to join us in this quest of promoting the sport and growing the golf community.



just to reiterate.....

this purpose of this league is to encourage golfers of all levels to better themselves, that u will have a mission to furfil or target to achieve...

i think by challenging ppl higher than u will enable u to see the disparity and not sink to a comfort zone.....

then u will be able to see where to improve, how to improve to get u to playing golf to your best ability....

if not, how to challenge our dear capt.....

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 10:59 am

alvin7379 wrote:
For my first game... I WANNA CHALLENGE ASAHI!!! Can bo?
Laughing

i dun think so......

alvin, u are definitely higher level than asahi....

so asahi shd wanna challenge U......
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 11:04 am

wilkang wrote:
I believe most of our GR'ians are maybe slightly taken aback by looking at the participants. Very Happy
Intimidating for most. Like myself.

And this is something which we want to address within the close knitted GR community.

The objective is to encourage golfers of all levels to put those fears aside and join us.
It's not a question of worthiness but rather passion for the sport.
We all want to improve our game, don't we?
It's time to put those hours of practice at the range to some good use.
Challenge yourself.

At the end of the day, it's not the number standings next to your name that counts.
It's how we flame the passion for golf and brings us closer together.
The better players will guide you with some tips & tricks on the course, maybe some swing secrets or special putting techniques.

Golf Republic is turning 2 in June.
And it's all thanks to everyone in here, active posters..silent readers..Pros..beginners and seasoned beginners etc.
We have impressive numbers to show on the board, it's time we show impressive numbers on the course.

So i urge golfers of all levels to join us in this quest of promoting the sport and growing the golf community.


well say !!..how to participate ar ? i need to go challenge someone ? i scare if i say i wanna challenge Asahi, he will laugh until he faint .....

Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 2780
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 11:07 am

hahaha..Snowman..Once we have the names in by end may.
We will collect hdcp details and draw up the divisions.

So you'll see who is in the div and you can challenge or be challenged accordingly.

_________________
Golf is a sport to love. To treasure. To cherish.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 11:37 am

alvin7379 wrote:
For my first game... I WANNA CHALLENGE ASAHI!!! Can bo?
Laughing

Nbzzzz......I narrowly escape from you last Sunday and now you still aim for me.

Too bad hor, no chance for you in this league.
Na Ni Na Ni boo boo.

lol!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 11:40 am

can i volunteer to be on the bottom of the ladder...more sense of achievement if i can slowly climb up.

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 11:43 am

wilkang wrote:
hahaha..Snowman..Once we have the names in by end may.
We will collect hdcp details and draw up the divisions.

So you'll see who is in the div and you can challenge or be challenged accordingly.

ok, just for the fun of it...keke
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 11:43 am

eiji wrote:
can i volunteer to be on the bottom of the ladder...more sense of achievement if i can slowly climb up.

There is Div A, 1 & 2. Bottom of which ladder?

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 11:47 am

mloy wrote:
eiji wrote:
can i volunteer to be on the bottom of the ladder...more sense of achievement if i can slowly climb up.

There is Div A, 1 & 2. Bottom of which ladder?

Div 2!

Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1527
Join date : 2009-11-10
Age : 51
Location : singapore

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 11:47 am

i shd be the one at bottom of Div 2. playing like beginner lately.
Back to top Go down
Loudmouth
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 329
Join date : 2009-11-30
Location : Eastern SG

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 11:48 am

I'm in.

1) mowen
2) alvin chipmunk
3) duffy
4) poresia
5) and68low
6) sham
7) golfool
8) pushslice
9) mizzy
10) agumon
11) asahi
12) kian
13) muar chee
14) mloy
15) 4dtoto
16) Zhenxua
17) Jon_TLK
18) drawbias
19) Squirrel
20) eiji
21) S70B
22) ChinChiaChun
23) Jimmychoo
24) wilkang
25) slinger
26) TFP
27) ALoyboy
28) RyanLee
29) Corn
30) Vinny
31) DWKid
32) Tourswing
33) watermyforrest
34) LOUDMOUTH
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:21 pm

DGman wrote:
maybe the top ranked player should get an air ticket to HCM and we can leave him in the good hands of bro Winston and his avatars.

Time permiting and if I am still in HCMC, I would be more than happy to host anyone who comes up to HCMC
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1471
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:25 pm

Challenge got $$ involved or pay for lunch and cheng teng can already ...

Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 2780
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:32 pm

Winston wrote:
DGman wrote:
maybe the top ranked player should get an air ticket to HCM and we can leave him in the good hands of bro Winston and his avatars.

Time permiting and if I am still in HCMC, I would be more than happy to host anyone who comes up to HCMC

Wah bro winston...suddenly my eyes very watery.

LOL..time to stock up coffee powder in June!!

_________________
Golf is a sport to love. To treasure. To cherish.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2916
Join date : 2009-11-24
Age : 37
Location : Anywhere Comfortable

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:33 pm

slinger wrote:
alvin7379 wrote:
For my first game... I WANNA CHALLENGE ASAHI!!! Can bo?
Laughing

i dun think so......

alvin, u are definitely higher level than asahi....

so asahi shd wanna challenge U......

nb... why your shit never stir finish one ah...
scratch
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:35 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
slinger wrote:
alvin7379 wrote:
For my first game... I WANNA CHALLENGE ASAHI!!! Can bo?
Laughing

i dun think so......

alvin, u are definitely higher level than asahi....

so asahi shd wanna challenge U......

nb... why your shit never stir finish one ah...
scratch

NB, we all know your standard...

pls dun buaya asahi....
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:38 pm

mowen wrote:
Challenge got $$ involved or pay for lunch and cheng teng can already ...


the players decide what bets.....

non players not involve.....

Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1471
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:38 pm

slinger wrote:
alvin7379 wrote:
slinger wrote:
alvin7379 wrote:
For my first game... I WANNA CHALLENGE ASAHI!!! Can bo?
Laughing

i dun think so......

alvin, u are definitely higher level than asahi....

so asahi shd wanna challenge U......

nb... why your shit never stir finish one ah...
scratch

NB, we all know your standard...

pls dun buaya asahi....

Don't Bully my partner .. ok then i take on Asahi .. my game super crap now ...
Back to top Go down
wilkang
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 2780
Join date : 2009-10-21
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:41 pm

Ya Ya Chipmunk..As an esteemed member of the committee..

PLEASE DO NOT BUAYA!!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing

_________________
Golf is a sport to love. To treasure. To cherish.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:43 pm

Loudmouth wrote:
I'm in.

1) mowen
2) alvin chipmunk
3) duffy
4) poresia
5) and68low
6) sham
7) golfool
8) pushslice
9) mizzy
10) agumon
11) asahi
12) kian
13) muar chee
14) mloy
15) 4dtoto
16) Zhenxua
17) Jon_TLK
18) drawbias
19) Squirrel
20) eiji
21) S70B
22) ChinChiaChun
23) Jimmychoo
24) wilkang
25) slinger
26) TFP
27) ALoyboy
28) RyanLee
29) Corn
30) Vinny
31) DWKid
32) Tourswing
33) watermyforrest
34) LOUDMOUTH
35) Andrew-golf
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:47 pm

Great response ppl!

Come on and sign up......nearing our target of 40 golfers!
Back to top Go down
Tian
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 496
Join date : 2009-12-02
Location : Singapore, East

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:49 pm

1) mowen
2) alvin chipmunk
3) duffy
4) poresia
5) and68low
6) sham
7) golfool
8) pushslice
9) mizzy
10) agumon
11) asahi
12) kian
13) muar chee
14) mloy
15) 4dtoto
16) Zhenxua
17) Jon_TLK
18) drawbias
19) Squirrel
20) eiji
21) S70B
22) ChinChiaChun
23) Jimmychoo
24) wilkang
25) slinger
26) TFP
27) ALoyboy
28) RyanLee
29) Corn
30) Vinny
31) DWKid
32) Tourswing
33) watermyforrest
34) LOUDMOUTH
35) Tian

Lets rock n roll!!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 12:57 pm

Count me in too!

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
hw_ball
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 33
Join date : 2009-09-02
Location : Jurong West

PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Wed May 04, 2011 1:07 pm

Golf Republic Challenge League

Goto page : 1, 2, 3, 4
Author Message
andrew-golf
Super Active Golfer


Status: Enjoying golf is more important than playing golf
Posts: 1653
Join date: 2009-10-20
Location: Town

Subject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League Today at 12:43 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Loudmouth wrote:
I'm in.

1) mowen
2) alvin chipmunk
3) duffy
4) poresia
5) and68low
6) sham
7) golfool
8) pushslice
9) mizzy
10) agumon
11) asahi
12) kian
13) muar chee
14) mloy
15) 4dtoto
16) Zhenxua
17) Jon_TLK
18) drawbias
19) Squirrel
20) eiji
21) S70B
22) ChinChiaChun
23) Jimmychoo
24) wilkang
25) slinger
26) TFP
27) ALoyboy
28) RyanLee
29) Corn
30) Vinny
31) DWKid
32) Tourswing
33) watermyforrest
34) LOUDMOUTH
35) Andrew-golf
36) Derek
37) hw_ball
38)
39)
40)




Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....   Today at 7:35 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Golf Republic Challenge League - Challenges & trash talk & etc.....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Golf Republic Challenge League Premier Div - Challenges (Please take turn)
» New facebook log in feature on Golf Republic Forum
» HSBC Golf 'Live' Challenge
» New to Golf Republic - Self-intro
» Vote for Golf Republic's Biggest Buaya

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Republic Official Events-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.