Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

using VPost

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: using VPost   Wed Dec 10, 2014 11:30 pm

uluangler wrote:
Give comgateway a shot? was using vpost initially then swapped over to comgateway due to citiglobeshopper.

More user friendly online platform.
delivery is prompt, can consolidate items etc.
No complains and very happy with the service.

How do you compare the price with Vpost? Does it works the same way as Vpost? Can we opt for self collect? Do they have convenient places near ones home to self collect? Typically how long does it takes to deliver a standard parcel from US to Sg? Do they also have a warehouse in the tax free state, Oregon?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: using VPost   Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:04 am

oldie-newbie wrote:
Icic tks. So if i buy like 3 different club from 3 different seller and consolidate th23 shipping, whats the rough cost? So comgateway will repack for you . . I assume at a fee?

Vpost will also re-pack at a fee for their client if the goods is not properly packed in airworthy form ...
Back to top Go down
uluangler
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: using VPost   Thu Dec 11, 2014 8:30 am

Essentially, Vpost and comgateway work very similarly. Vpost is under Singpost, Comgateway is a consolidator and they use DHL or Fedex for their delivery. Both are located in Oregon, thus USA purchases are tax free.

comgateway will not repack all items together into 1 parcel. If a parcel is really overpacked, (big box, small item etc). they will charge a repacking fee. If you got 5 parcels, they'll just add the weight together.

Shipping price for golf club is dependent on the packaging, all based on volume weight.
http://www.comgateway.com/ship-to-Singapore/
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: using VPost   Wed Dec 17, 2014 10:31 am

Vpost has just clarified to me that majority of the time the parcel is lost because the local carrier failed to ship the parcel to the right Vpost warehouse. There are many warehouses located in Portland, Oregon. Vpost therefore have to help customer to trace the parcel by contacting the local carrier ... That was exactly what happened to my two parcels which were a couple of days delayed albeit I received notifications that my parcels were delivered to Vpost warehouse ... I appreciate Vpost effort in this case ... I noticed they've received a lot of complaints years ago but I have also noticed they have since improved quite a fair bit ...
Back to top Go down
kissthegreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: using VPost   Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:38 pm

I used both vpost and comgateway. The latter may not help repack but they help evaluate (pay repacking fee) to save on total volumetric shipping costs. Do feel that comgateway is tad more competitive in prices and services. Pity that they don't operate similar service for UK purchases..
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: using VPost   Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:30 pm

I heard from the news that Comgateway allows customer to collect their parcel at one of the 711 stores @ Shell Petrol Kiosks if the customer cannot be reached on the first delivery attempt ...
Back to top Go down
ifury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: using VPost   Thu Dec 18, 2014 10:00 am

Yes, comgateway is the best to go, pay by DBS/POSB, additional 10% off, you can chose to ship to nearest cheers or NTUC express outlets for collection.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: using VPost   Today at 10:18 pm

Back to top Go down

using VPost
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2