Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 472
Join date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Mon May 30, 2011 8:35 am

Any GR tried TM 09 burner and Superfast before??? i thinking of changing to superfast so need some comment on it...both regular shaft...
is matrix onix ozik shaft better feeling than TM stock?>?


Last edited by efoong on Mon May 30, 2011 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Mon May 30, 2011 9:07 am

You got a lot to learn, my friend.

First of all, it's not 'onix' - no such thing.

The shaft for the Superfast would be the Matrix Ozik. It is still the TM stock shaft, just that they brand it under the Matrix name. Note that these are mass produced shafts, and probably wont stand the test of time and numerous strikes with your driver.
Matrix has a whole range of shafts.. The more popular ones being the HD-6, among many others..

To me, ALL Taylormade stock shafts (unless it's a TP Version) are pieces of crap. The first thing i'd do when i buy a Taylormade driver is remove the head, use the stock shaft in some of my potted plants as support sticks and go shopping for an aftermarket shaft. Perhaps the same cannot be said about the Fujikura Blur that comes with the R-11, considering that some among us are using it very effectively for quite a while now..

So yeah, conclusion is, if you're still using a regular shaft, stay away from the stock ones and get fitted with a proper aftermarket one. You'll be all the better for it.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1253
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 99
Location : Teban Garden

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Mon May 30, 2011 10:02 am

TheFocalPoint wrote:

So yeah, conclusion is, if you're still using a regular shaft, stay away from the stock ones and get fitted with a proper aftermarket one. You'll be all the better for it.
Can you explain more on why if I am still using a regular shaft need to stay away from the stock one?
Is it so important on the shaft if my distance is so short to find any hazard?
Will I increase on my distance if I use a fitted after market shaft (regular or stiff?) compare to the regular stock shaft?
I always though that better shaft will benefit those long hitter more than short hitter. Am I wrong?

confused scratch
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Mon May 30, 2011 10:24 am

jimmychoo wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:

So yeah, conclusion is, if you're still using a regular shaft, stay away from the stock ones and get fitted with a proper aftermarket one. You'll be all the better for it.
Can you explain more on why if I am still using a regular shaft need to stay away from the stock one?
Is it so important on the shaft if my distance is so short to find any hazard?
Will I increase on my distance if I use a fitted after market shaft (regular or stiff?) compare to the regular stock shaft?
I always though that better shaft will benefit those long hitter more than short hitter. Am I wrong?

confused scratch

jimmychoo, heh heh, nothing to do with distance lah .. i think it's just that the stability of the stock shaft after a period of time leaves a lot to be questioned... I believe many here have experienced it before..
I'm also pretty sure an aftermarket shaft would generate more distance, am i right? Where would our clubfitters be otherwise?
I always believe that whether you're a long or a short hitter, a proper fitted aftermarket shaft that matches your swing speed and tempo would benefit you..
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 472
Join date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Mon May 30, 2011 10:41 am

oh thanks...nv see properly...
but TFP you seem never reply my topic which one you feel better???forgiveness distance???
the shaft should be change...in your point of view...
if these 2 club make no big difference i might just stay with my 09 burner
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Mon May 30, 2011 10:44 am

IMO, the Burner '09 is superior in terms of feel and distance... i think the sound at impact is also more satisfying and for some reason, the ball seems to come out hotter off the face.. but these are just my opinions.. you should try both to see which you lke better..
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 472
Join date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Mon May 30, 2011 10:54 am

thanks that is what i heard some seller told me too...should find a superfast to try 1st before buy ...
need to reconsiderate...
Back to top Go down
kutuhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-04-08
Location : On the Green

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Mon May 30, 2011 11:52 am

TheFocalPoint wrote:
IMO, the Burner '09 is superior in terms of feel and distance... i think the sound at impact is also more satisfying and for some reason, the ball seems to come out hotter off the face.. but these are just my opinions.. you should try both to see which you lke better..

I agree, the superfast sounds and feels very 'hollow' at impact for me. but maybe thats just me
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1253
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 99
Location : Teban Garden

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Mon May 30, 2011 11:53 am

FTP, thanks for the reply.... it does make sense Smile

efoong, you can try it out at the demo day this Wednesday at OCC but I think they only have the superfast 2.0 available.
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 472
Join date : 2011-04-12

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Mon May 30, 2011 12:03 pm

i love my driver just ichy to change...maybe should wait to change to R11
Back to top Go down
wilsonang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 129
Join date : 2011-04-13

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Mon May 30, 2011 1:04 pm

the demo session needs to register?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5841
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:54 am

What you guys think of the TM TP Burner (2009 model, whole head black in colour) Superfast driver? I am thinking of buying one with a 8.5 Deg loft, S-Flex Matrix HD6 shaft. Actually I prefer the 9.5 deg loft but not available.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Turbo
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:09 am

went to TM demo at mbgc last week, the ozik stock shaft that comes along with white superfast felt very very tip soft, and butt stiff. it felt like the head lags behind too much. i couldnt get a good launch with a 9.5 head.

Does anyone have a white superfast head combo with a nice aftmkt shaft?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:25 am

pushslice wrote:
went to TM demo at mbgc last week, the ozik stock shaft that comes along with white superfast felt very very tip soft, and butt stiff. it felt like the head lags behind too much. i couldnt get a good launch with a 9.5 head.

Does anyone have a white superfast head combo with a nice aftmkt shaft?

Go check with Capt!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:27 am

but then again I thought TM's mass market proposition for the burner series, is to match the head with an extra long, extra light shaft like the stock Ozik shaft. Does matching it with std spec 45 inch 65 gr aftmkt shaft kind of defeat its point?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:28 am

duffader wrote:
pushslice wrote:
went to TM demo at mbgc last week, the ozik stock shaft that comes along with white superfast felt very very tip soft, and butt stiff. it felt like the head lags behind too much. i couldnt get a good launch with a 9.5 head.

Does anyone have a white superfast head combo with a nice aftmkt shaft?

Go check with Capt!!!! Smile

Capt has one? Is he gaming it? can borrow? skymarks, I buy kekeke
Back to top Go down
robert33
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 491
Join date : 2009-08-07
Location : @ the changing room!!! Shitting...

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:39 am

I am using e superfast 2.0 tp with graman 5 shaft. If interested to try do pm me k! Cheers.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:57 am

pushslice wrote:
duffader wrote:
pushslice wrote:
went to TM demo at mbgc last week, the ozik stock shaft that comes along with white superfast felt very very tip soft, and butt stiff. it felt like the head lags behind too much. i couldnt get a good launch with a 9.5 head.

Does anyone have a white superfast head combo with a nice aftmkt shaft?

Go check with Capt!!!! Smile

Capt has one? Is he gaming it? can borrow? skymarks, I buy kekeke

nope, he is on a 910D2 now... so u can pm him. Smile its on a K shaft. Smile 60-S
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5841
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:07 am

robert33 wrote:
I am using e superfast 2.0 tp with graman 5 shaft. If interested to try do pm me k! Cheers.

You are not happy with the Burner Superfast 2.0 TP stock shaft? Yours a US or Japan spec? I heard the Matrix Ozik HD-6 is an excellent shaft.


Last edited by Turbo on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5841
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:15 am

duffader wrote:
pushslice wrote:
duffader wrote:
pushslice wrote:
went to TM demo at mbgc last week, the ozik stock shaft that comes along with white superfast felt very very tip soft, and butt stiff. it felt like the head lags behind too much. i couldnt get a good launch with a 9.5 head.

Does anyone have a white superfast head combo with a nice aftmkt shaft?

Go check with Capt!!!! Smile

Capt has one? Is he gaming it? can borrow? skymarks, I buy kekeke

nope, he is on a 910D2 now... so u can pm him. Smile its on a K shaft. Smile 60-S

Noticed that you are using the limited edition Cobra "white baby". is it good? You changed the stock shaft? Why? Vince Golf is selling it at S$700+++. But I can get it from USA at $500++ with courier included.
Back to top Go down
kohhanjie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 81
Join date : 2011-02-22
Age : 25
Location : east side

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:57 pm

tm burner 09 is just as good as the new burner, i drive them 230m, roll to 250,260m, with the stock stiff shaft. =)
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5841
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:47 pm

I have just invested in the Black Beauty - 2010 TM TP Burner Superfast driver with 8.5 Deg Loft and Matrix Ozik HD-6 S-Flex shaft. I like the feel more than the Cobra Speed PRO-S with 9.5 deg loft and Fujikura Speeder S-Flex shaft that I owned. The clubhead face is about 2 deg open. It therefore looks palatable to the eyes on address. The inverted cone head is more rounded compared to the non-TP version. The TP Burner has shaft length of 46 inches vs 46.5 for non-TP version.

If one manages to flush the ball at the centre of the club head face, the shot is gonna be very long & straight down the fairway. I did that this afternoon at the range. The feel is like achieving an "orgasm". I managed to bomb 7 out of 10 drives. I love the rainbow-like ball trajectory off this club and the launch angle seems to be what I desire as well ... To sum it up, I am pleased with the performance of this driver.

The new TP Burner Superfast 2.0 has a weight at the toe of the clubhead. This encourages fade. Therefore, people who do not know how to draw the ball on command may avoid this club. In addition, the clubhead face is about 2 deg open which can be scary for less skilled golfer.
Back to top Go down
Dickson Tay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 9
Join date : 2011-05-30
Age : 42
Location : Katong

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:32 am

Turbo, are u able to explain more on your comment "The new TP Burner Superfast 2.0 has a weight at the toe of the clubhead. This encourages fade.", would like to know more as i am using my Burner 09 10.5 R-flex stock and am thinking to 'upgrade' to hopefully get more distance from my drive. I am hitting on avg 220-240m max with my driver... also, my fren is using the SF 2.0 which produced many fade/ sometimes sliced shot, i would like to share this with him...

If this SF 2.0 is not as forgiving, then i may consider upgrading my shaft...

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:35 am

he's talking about the TP version of the SF

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver   Today at 1:56 pm

Back to top Go down
 
TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Ladies TaylorMade Burner 2.0 Superfast Driver-Iron Grip
» TM burner 09 vs TM Superfast driver
» 2010 TM TP Burner Superfast Driver
» Burner Superfast 2.0 Driver
» Shaft Recommendation for TM Superfast Burner Driver

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.