Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kutuhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:58 am

Anyone played any of the above course before? Are they recommended for beginners? Heading to KL for a short trip and looking for a place to play. Open to other beginner-friendly courses as well if anyone has any recommendations

Cheers
Back to top Go down
artchang00
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:27 am

Monterez is quite a bad course. Lots of patches of cowgrass on the fairway. Not very well kept. Quite rude receptionists.

Quite challenging on some holes especially one that is like a big U turn.

BTW- I assume you are a Palm Resort member using its reciprocal benefits. Monterez asks for the hardcopy which I didn't have and won't let me in. I thought, wow, this must be a good club to be so strict so I told PR to inform them directly I'm a member in good standing cos I didn't have time to swing by Senai to pick up the hardcopy Letter... PR folks were kind to do it for me but was I disappointed with Monterez' condition.
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:54 pm

kutuhead wrote:
Anyone played any of the above course before? Are they recommended for beginners? Heading to KL for a short trip and looking for a place to play. Open to other beginner-friendly courses as well if anyone has any recommendations

Cheers

Try Staffield or Nilai Springs, or KGSAAS.
They are all better than Monterez.
Both at the outskirts and about 20km from KL.
But good courses and not intimidating for beginners.
Green fees also reasonable.

Try KL Country Club, West Course, if you dont mind forking out Rm300..
Very good course equilvalent to Island Country Club facilities and course.
Need a handicap card. Don't try East course that can be rather long..
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:00 pm

try kachang hill, also outskirts of KL but better than nilai n staffield, rates quite reasonable...

if not try kota permai, very good course around the sham alam area..

also glenmarie, highly recommended, they have a excellent spa for the wife while u golf....

also suajuana, like glenmarie, they have a stay n pay package, both courses on hotel premises...
Back to top Go down
kutuhead
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks everyone. Plenty of options. Will check them out n feedback.
Back to top Go down
Underdog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:18 pm

Bro Kth,
It really depends on your where-about during your stay. Since you ask about Bukit Jalil (Puchong) & Monterez (Shah Alam), I presume you're staying around Puchong/SJ/PJ area where this 2 courses are around 20-30 mins between them. Otherwise seems like some bros here will be giving you a half Msia tour liao (southern part like Nilai, Staffield or Kajang)... Maybe later some will suggest Bukit Beruntung, Clearwater & Meru (Ipoh).

Ok back to your questions... Bukit Jalil is not recommended for beginner. There is another course about 5 minutes drive away, Kinrara IMO is an easier one for beginner.
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:42 pm

Dude,

I'm from KL..my suggestion is Glenmarie Garden course is good for beginner and you will enjoy it playing there. Green fees is reasonable or as Slinger said, another option is Kota Permai, a bit expensive but you will enjoy the green & fairways...

Happy golfing...can PM me if you need direction or help. My advice, definitely not bukit jalil or monterez.

Just to correct JGoh - East Course KLGCC is rather like tight fairways but not long & more hazards (pond & flower bed) - not advice for beginner. West Course is longer & wide...but u will enjoy it.

Or Royal Selangor Club in city centre, old club with new & old course and very longgggg....nice to play as well.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:49 pm

slinger wrote:
try kachang hill, also outskirts of KL but better than nilai n staffield, rates quite reasonable...

also glenmarie, highly recommended, they have a excellent spa for the wife while u golf....

also suajuana, like glenmarie, they have a stay n pay package, both courses on hotel premises...

Kachang hill? I think the chipmunk will love playing this course! ROFL
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:47 pm

slinger wrote:

Yep Slinger,Kota Permai and Glenmarie good courses, for beginners as well. But for beginners, i won't recommend Saujana.. a few holes will require you to drive over a cluster of trees, or "pond of trees" and can be pretty intimidating. I think it's a rather challenging course. As it is a Championship Course, it will still be enjoyable if you bring some extra balls and smile even if you get into trouble, haha! cheers
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:54 pm

Birdman wrote:
slinger wrote:

Kachang hill? I think the chipmunk will love playing this course!
Birdie... the course is Kajang Hill and not Kachang Hill... Smile
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:25 pm

Birdman wrote:
slinger wrote:

Kachang hill? I think the chipmunk will love playing this course! ROFL

Kajang Hill is a course managed and frequented by Japanese expats. Distance marking on course is measured in yards. Access wise, its via Bangi or Balakong, however, if you're not familiar with that part of KL, I do not suggest you visit the course.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC   Today at 12:25 am

Back to top Go down

Monterez or Bukit Jalil CC
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1