Been reading the newspaper and also the golf sites....especially on the analysis by the golf experts...and therefore , I think its best that I summarize the tips in one single view...here goes:
To be a champ of the US Open:
1. Short game is important....its very critical that one needs to have a sharp short game especially with the rough and the speed of the green
2. Driving....key is to be long and on fairway
3. Putting is critical....
4. Mentality: Don beat yourself up...let others beat themselves
5. Ability to shape the ball.......depending on the hole layout, ability to shape the ball (draw, fade etc) will help
6. Ball placement....to be able to place the ball in the right part of the green will help mitigate high scores
After reading all these tips, I realized that its essentially what golf is all about. Its like telling me that to eat, I need to open my mouth and chew....