Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

6 Hybrid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:24 am

In my younger days, I was pretty comfortable hitting anything up to a 5 iron...then i got old and fat and struggled...so i removed the 5i and replaced it with a TM hybrid.....

But now, I'm struggling with my 6 iron....how?...do I swallow my pride and replace it with a hybrid?.....that would make it 6 woods/hybrids in my bag...very embarassing...!!!!!...when does it end.....????

yesterday, i used my hybrid to 'chip' from just off the green....at this rate, i'll be using a full hybrid set.......
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:27 am

And you will still score 4 over in a certain course that I know.. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:32 am

Bro GF.....may I suggest that you use iron covers to cover-up your immense collection of hybrid.......hahahahaha

Fm the last I check, all betting models are based on the score...not on how many irons are in the bag....
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:37 am

What I've always enjoyed from GF's posts were his honesty. I like how he's transparent about how he plays notwithstanding that he could whip most of us upside down with just a 6H and a putter.

On a more serious note, I think that there's nothing wrong in how one selects his/her clubs. If you can bring home a score card which gives you a +4, no one really cares if you're using a spade, shovel and a badminton racket to play.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:52 am

golfool2009 wrote:
In my younger days, I was pretty comfortable hitting anything up to a 5 iron...then i got old and fat and struggled...so i removed the 5i and replaced it with a TM hybrid.....

But now, I'm struggling with my 6 iron....how?...do I swallow my pride and replace it with a hybrid?.....that would make it 6 woods/hybrids in my bag...very embarassing...!!!!!...when does it end.....????

yesterday, i used my hybrid to 'chip' from just off the green....at this rate, i'll be using a full hybrid set.......

ahem... firstly...that >190m shots for your 5 woods didn't justify the "got old and fat and struggled"...

Then I seemed to recall that you used putter to "putt" out of bunkers... does it mean that you will replace all your sand wedges as well? Lots of people will queue up to grab those Vokeys tongue
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:10 am

i echo Duval's point. its not what's in your bag, but whats written down as the score that counts.

If you can hit a 6hybrid better than a 6iron then i reckon you should go for it

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:21 pm

GF... using a hybrid to so called chip onto a green is actually pretty common if one is trying to achieve a chip & run!!!

If you are interested in a hybrid set maybe you can consider the Adams Golf Idea Tech V3...
They have 2 different combinations!!!

If you do decide to get one... i will simply ask for strokes the next time we play!!!

Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:23 pm

golfool2009 wrote:

LOL ... bro ... if it helps ... I spent so much money getting a set of miura irons ... realised I am too lousy to hit them ... and replaced the 5 and 6 irons with tourstage VIQ 5 and 6 hybrids.

In any case having played with you, I am sure that you can manage to score well with whatever is in your bag.

p.s. You want to borrow my 6 hybrid to try of the course? but must return ok? I really love it ...

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:30 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
GF... using a hybrid to so called chip onto a green is actually pretty common if one is trying to achieve a chip & run!!!

If you are interested in a hybrid set maybe you can consider the Adams Golf Idea Tech V3...
They have 2 different combinations!!!

If you do decide to get one... i will simply ask for strokes the next time we play!!!

you fast becoming Adams spokesperson, so when you gonna switch to Adams A12, i am enjoying it, hitting more GIRs lately.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:44 pm

Ooooo eiji... Steady, so means ur golf improve already! Good for u.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Quote :
duffader wrote:

wah bro Eiji...then we must plan for the long awaited 'Duval's feel good day'....
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:49 pm

duffader wrote:

Duffy, I lost money to him.. you say lei! Sad
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:50 pm

eiji wrote:
you fast becoming Adams spokesperson, so when you gonna switch to Adams A12, i am enjoying it, hitting more GIRs lately.
Am pretty happy with the Titleist for now...
Will switch back to Adams Golf when Barney Adams decides to give me the rights to distribute
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:58 pm

duffader wrote:

one up one down...

hit more GIR, but putting stats suck again. oh well that's golf... need to work on my putting. But playing blue tees making it hard for me to score better, because my driver length isn't long, always have to hit hybrid/long iron for 2nd shot. Short game not sharp like yamaha, slinger or capt, so in the end never really improve in terms of scoring. And i blow too many holes per round, just need to keep blowing holes so badly so that i can lower the final scoring.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:58 pm

blee2007 wrote:
duffader wrote:

Duffy, I lost money to him.. you say lei! Sad

you gave me 7-5 leh.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:27 pm

eiji wrote:
duffader wrote:

one up one down...

hit more GIR, but putting stats suck again. oh well that's golf... need to work on my putting. But playing blue tees making it hard for me to score better, because my driver length isn't long, always have to hit hybrid/long iron for 2nd shot. Short game not sharp like yamaha, slinger or capt, so in the end never really improve in terms of scoring. And i blow too many holes per round, just need to keep blowing holes so badly so that i can lower the final scoring.

Eiji, dun ROti Prata leh... first you say you more GIRs, meaning Greens in regulations, now you say keep long irons in, no short game.... hehehhehe..
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:44 pm

more GIRs is relative leh, when did i roti prata. my par 5s, more GIRs, my short par 4s, more GIRs, irons more accurate less dispersion, long pars 4, i still struggle especially when the hole is longer than 360metres. I went from 2-3GIR per round to 5-6GIRs a round.

must take what i say with context leh.

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:46 pm

eiji wrote:
more GIRs is relative leh, when did i roti prata. my par 5s, more GIRs, my short par 4s, more GIRs, irons more accurate less dispersion, long pars 4, i still struggle especially when the hole is longer than 360metres. I went from 2-3GIR per round to 5-6GIRs a round.

Pai seh lah... u know lah, i dun read things in such details. THats why on another posting.. from cap and towel can become comparing tour players of a certain brand... maybe i should start reading threads and post clearly... maybe can see a different light. Smile
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:56 pm

duffader wrote:
eiji wrote:

Pai seh lah... u know lah, i dun read things in such details. THats why on another posting.. from cap and towel can become comparing tour players of a certain brand... maybe i should start reading threads and post clearly... maybe can see a different light. Smile

No need pai seh, i think there are a lot of buayas here, but you should know me, i don't resort to my postings here to try and ask for strokes. if i can play level with you and have some fight i would, but not at that level yet. My game still hovering at average score of 96s. Only time I get to score low is when i tee off white tees like GR game, i scored 96 but had one score of 10 carded on a par 5, 2 triple, 2 birdies. Still trying to break 90 and i think the Adams A12 are gonna be in the bag, as happy with them as I was with the AP2s.
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm

eiji wrote:
duffader wrote:
eiji wrote:

No need pai seh, i think there are a lot of buayas here, but you should know me, i don't resort to my postings here to try and ask for strokes. if i can play level with you and have some fight i would, but not at that level yet. My game still hovering at average score of 96s. Only time I get to score low is when i tee off white tees like GR game, i scored 96 but had one score of 10 carded on a par 5, 2 triple, 2 birdies. Still trying to break 90 and i think the Adams A12 are gonna be in the bag, as happy with them as I was with the AP2s.

Can one lah.... just need time to practise.... you father of a young kid, so time is always a factor.. dun worry, when your kids get older, your golf will get better.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:59 pm

Anyway back to topic, Golffool, you need to consider the Cleveland Mashie hybrids

Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:04 pm

GolfFool? use hybrids... please lah... dun get cheated by him. He was hitting his irons so well the other time when i play with him, why he want to hit hybrid set???
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:09 pm

Quote :
duffader wrote:
GolfFool? use hybrids... please lah... dun get cheated by him. He was hitting his irons so well the other time when i play with him, why he want to hit hybrid set???

to hit better...???
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:14 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
duffader wrote:

to hit better...???

D... he is not as short as he is before..... Smile
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Tue Jun 21, 2011 4:04 pm

Haha...good points all...i was going to golf direct to buy it but fortunately i rang ahead first and they only have 3 & 4 hybrids.... Embarassed

Anyway, I'm convinced by the arguments...while the bad boys may have the same swing as me, derek's distance is exactly the same as mine....so i shall follow him, swallow my pride and get another hybrid....just need to decide what brand i don't already have in my bag and choose one....mashie is the best value (as per eiji) but i already have a cleveland wood.... ahhhhh....decisions, decisions....but got to buy one quick before the showdown with the chipmunk......
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 6 Hybrid   Today at 4:43 am

Back to top Go down

6 Hybrid
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.