Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 37
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Sun Jun 26, 2011 11:28 pm

Noticed not too many users of Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf equipment here as opposed to more established brands like Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, Titleist and TalyorMade.

Not to start a fanboy flame war here but lets all keep an open mind about the brands of clubs we all use. After all I believe 75% boils down to experience, training and fundamentals of the player, the remaining 25% is the golf technology that helps the player move on.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:09 am

I like my bridgestone irons/wedges.

Its just normal consumer behavior bro...In free markets, you have leading brands and smaller competitors. Some consumers go for brands, some go for function, some go for price, some go for looks. Some are loyal to their favorite brands, some change every 6 months (cough2) Laughing

Its interesting to see how nike performs in the golf equipment market. Their marketing strategy is more or less like the leading brands. E.g. Im pretty much a nike loyalist in basketball (air uptempo, air zoom, jordans) but it doesnt translate to my golf buys. Owned some nike clubs and sold them. The looks just havent caught my eye, except maybe vr blades but my skills cmi
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 412
Join date : 2010-12-27
Age : 37
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:35 am

Change equipment once every 6 months?! Ok, that's something new to me.

In fact, friends and superiors have been telling me to get more 'established brands'. Another good friend told me to get whatever I'm comfortable with cos ultimately I'm the player and the last thing I'd want is to use equipment that I'm personally not comfortable with. I guess that holds water.
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1214
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 31
Location : ::nowhere::

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:39 am

the reason why i did not buy Nike: the material for the head this day is not strong enough. easily get dent at crown. Is not worth the price for the quality...
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:11 am

Newtogolf wrote:
Noticed not too many users of Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf equipment here as opposed to more established brands like Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, Titleist and TalyorMade.

Not to start a fanboy flame war here but lets all keep an open mind about the brands of clubs we all use. After all I believe 75% boils down to experience, training and fundamentals of the player, the remaining 25% is the golf technology that helps the player move on.

hi bro

there are 2 Nike Slut in this forumn.....

one is Wilkang and the other is me....haha

in fact, i think Nike is making good clubs recently starting from the VR series.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:21 am

golf_snowman wrote:
Newtogolf wrote:
Noticed not too many users of Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf equipment here as opposed to more established brands like Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, Titleist and TalyorMade.

Not to start a fanboy flame war here but lets all keep an open mind about the brands of clubs we all use. After all I believe 75% boils down to experience, training and fundamentals of the player, the remaining 25% is the golf technology that helps the player move on.

hi bro

there are 2 Nike Slut in this forumn.....

one is Wilkang and the other is me....haha

in fact, i think Nike is making good clubs recently starting from the VR series.


The Nike TW blades are very very sweet... snowman hor? Range this week? hee
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:24 am

andrew-golf wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
Newtogolf wrote:
Noticed not too many users of Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf equipment here as opposed to more established brands like Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, Titleist and TalyorMade.

Not to start a fanboy flame war here but lets all keep an open mind about the brands of clubs we all use. After all I believe 75% boils down to experience, training and fundamentals of the player, the remaining 25% is the golf technology that helps the player move on.

hi bro

there are 2 Nike Slut in this forumn.....

one is Wilkang and the other is me....haha

in fact, i think Nike is making good clubs recently starting from the VR series.


The Nike TW blades are very very sweet... snowman hor? Range this week? hee

ONZ...range i jio u !!!
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:34 am

The five brands you listed are all established brand... I think other than Nike, the rest have a long history... just that they are not so popular now. I would like to change all the irons and wedges to Wilson Staff but in Singapore, only Golf House is carrying Wilson and they do not really promote it.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:47 am

golf_snowman wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
Newtogolf wrote:
Noticed not too many users of Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf equipment here as opposed to more established brands like Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, Titleist and TalyorMade.

Not to start a fanboy flame war here but lets all keep an open mind about the brands of clubs we all use. After all I believe 75% boils down to experience, training and fundamentals of the player, the remaining 25% is the golf technology that helps the player move on.

hi bro

there are 2 Nike Slut in this forumn.....

one is Wilkang and the other is me....haha

in fact, i think Nike is making good clubs recently starting from the VR series.


The Nike TW blades are very very sweet... snowman hor? Range this week? hee

ONZ...range i jio u !!!



tues or wed la
Back to top Go down
musashi75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 72
Join date : 2011-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:49 am

I recently bought a VR Pro hybrid from one of the members of GR and I really like it. The shape suits my eye and the Project X stock shaft is excellent. Based on this experience and what I've read of the VR Pro series, I'm keen to have a look at what Nike has to offer in the future.

Wilson balls have also been a pleasant surprise. I've liked the ones I've tried and will definitely buy more in the future. They offer good performance for the price.
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:53 am

andrew-golf wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
Newtogolf wrote:
Noticed not too many users of Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf equipment here as opposed to more established brands like Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, Titleist and TalyorMade.

Not to start a fanboy flame war here but lets all keep an open mind about the brands of clubs we all use. After all I believe 75% boils down to experience, training and fundamentals of the player, the remaining 25% is the golf technology that helps the player move on.

hi bro

there are 2 Nike Slut in this forumn.....

one is Wilkang and the other is me....haha

in fact, i think Nike is making good clubs recently starting from the VR series.


The Nike TW blades are very very sweet... snowman hor? Range this week? hee

ONZ...range i jio u !!!



tues or wed la

ok ok...i whatsapp u
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:56 am

musashi75 wrote:
I recently bought a VR Pro hybrid from one of the members of GR and I really like it. The shape suits my eye and the Project X stock shaft is excellent. Based on this experience and what I've read of the VR Pro series, I'm keen to have a look at what Nike has to offer in the future.

Wilson balls have also been a pleasant surprise. I've liked the ones I've tried and will definitely buy more in the future. They offer good performance for the price.

ya, talking about balls, the new Nike 20Xi looks interesting too....keke
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:41 am

golf_snowman wrote:
musashi75 wrote:
I recently bought a VR Pro hybrid from one of the members of GR and I really like it. The shape suits my eye and the Project X stock shaft is excellent. Based on this experience and what I've read of the VR Pro series, I'm keen to have a look at what Nike has to offer in the future.

Wilson balls have also been a pleasant surprise. I've liked the ones I've tried and will definitely buy more in the future. They offer good performance for the price.

ya, talking about balls, the new Nike 20Xi looks interesting too....keke

50cts balls are more exciting bro... You never know what you gonna get Laughing
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:44 am

watermyforrest wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:
musashi75 wrote:
I recently bought a VR Pro hybrid from one of the members of GR and I really like it. The shape suits my eye and the Project X stock shaft is excellent. Based on this experience and what I've read of the VR Pro series, I'm keen to have a look at what Nike has to offer in the future.

Wilson balls have also been a pleasant surprise. I've liked the ones I've tried and will definitely buy more in the future. They offer good performance for the price.

ya, talking about balls, the new Nike 20Xi looks interesting too....keke

50cts balls are more exciting bro... You never know what you gonna get Laughing


haha..you spot on bro

all my balls now are $0.5/ball....haha !!!
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:45 am

why no love for adams!

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1214
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 31
Location : ::nowhere::

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:56 am

eiji wrote:
why no love for adams!

cos he broke our heart... and pocket... lol!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:19 pm

I am using the Nike VR TW bladed irons ... Nike Golf
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:09 am

Nike is above Ping and definitely above Mizuno (not exactly popular in the States). The fanboys are raving about the VR Pro Combo like its best thing to happen to irons, even though BS already have their combo sets many years back with the J33. Nike really picked up only after the VR range......the Sumo range was good (IMO, using the driver) but too gimmicky for "serious" golfers (nobody like the bright yellow and the square driver did not help). The Nike golf accessories are also definitely stronger.

the really old prestigious brands are like MacGregors, Ben Hogan (brand died in Callaway), Lynx, sold to chain stores that produce inferior products for the masses

When 90% of the game is between the ears, the confidence in using/wearing a well known popular brand maybe useful in one's game, unless u are one of those that knows u are better and purposely use lousy brand stuff or even vintage gear, wear cheap clothing and cheap shoes, using a $5 putter with a $0.50 ball just for the satisfaction of beating the other flashier guys putting with a SC and a $5 ProV1.


Last edited by tronos on Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2702
Join date : 2009-12-11
Location : golf club graveyard

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:12 am

i'd love to be able to use a sub $100 bag to play better than i do now.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:49 am

golf_snowman wrote:
Newtogolf wrote:
Noticed not too many users of Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf equipment here as opposed to more established brands like Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, Titleist and TalyorMade.

Not to start a fanboy flame war here but lets all keep an open mind about the brands of clubs we all use. After all I believe 75% boils down to experience, training and fundamentals of the player, the remaining 25% is the golf technology that helps the player move on.

hi bro

there are 2 Nike Slut in this forumn.....

one is Wilkang and the other is me....haha

in fact, i think Nike is making good clubs recently starting from the VR series.

add one more.. and thats me.. I was using Nike VR Split cavity and now using Nike VR Pro Blades.. was using Bridgestone balls but now using One Tour and One Tour D.

I agree that NIKE has improve tremendously in the golfing market with the VR series. The good thing about Nike products is that u can get everything from Head to Toe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?   Today at 2:11 am

Back to top Go down
 
Nike Golf / Dunlop / Bridgestone / Wilson / Lynx Golf users?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» New to golf
» Jumeirah Golf Estates, Dubai, Earth Course FR
» Recommendation for Golf Coach for my niece
» Favorite Post Golf Drink
» BT Golf Challenge is back .....2011

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.