Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

What can we or would you do?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: What can we or would you do?   Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:09 pm

My friends and i recently had a enjoyable outing at MBGC, we were having fun until this flight before us teed off without ensuring they have sufficient clearance from us, the first ball ended no more than 10m from us (and it rolled another 10m ahead f us)... the culprits did not even bothered to approach us to offer any apology, even though we 'met' at some of the holes... we were pretty disappointed with the manner these people approach the game, not gentlemen, no courtesy and totally lack of etiquette.

Weeks after that incident, i chatted with one of the 'lao jiao' at SCC asking for his advice how we can manage these errant golfers, and these were their suggestions:
(1) Pick up the ball and threw it in the nearest pond or over the fence line;
(2) confiscate the ball and report to marshaller thereafter;
(3) Ignore and continue, complain to marshaller after the game (this could be tedious and involves some paper work and time);
(4) Confront the guys and demand for apology, else report immediately to the marshaller.

What would you guys have done and what is our rights here? I dun seem to be able to find any consistency in ruling wrt this issue.. appreciate your kind comments and advice. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lipp
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:18 pm

I think most of us here encounter such incident before. For me, I would just take the ball and throw it to bushes or water.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:39 pm

take out your 3 wood and smash it back at them??

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
glespaul
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Sun Jul 03, 2011 10:44 pm

throw it away, if prov1 throw in my bag Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:07 pm

Pretend to lie on the ground until they come and let them shit bricks in their pants!!!
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:21 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Pretend to lie on the ground until they come and let them shit bricks in their pants!!!

The best reply...teaches them a F...ing lesson on not to tee off.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Sun Jul 03, 2011 11:29 pm

JonL_TK wrote:

HAHHAHAH ... this I like ... carry some fake blood and apply liberally ... they sure panic ...

Stretcher HELP

ROFL ROFL ROFL

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:07 am

haha, i would normally tee it up and smash it back at them, or drive back there and F*** them so bad and tell them how uneducated their parents are... or course, you better be my size to try tht ay?
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:45 am

shamusan wrote:
haha, i would normally tee it up and smash it back at them, or drive back there and F*** them so bad and tell them how uneducated their parents are... or course, you better be my size to try tht ay?

Bro, if it were somebody your size, I think they may beat you to drive first to you and say the s word quickly and throw the ball to the pond themselves Smile
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:31 am

haha i seen this before ... got ppl like this... if i were you i would just bring my club and aim the tee hit his ball back to the tee... aimless to confront him... babarian should not be treated with gentlemen way...
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:24 am

Sounds like poor etiquette, stupidity, sprinkled with a miracle drive. We have people like that playing golf in the states. One of the hardest parts of working at a course is dealing with people and situations like this.

There are many good golfers and there are some that sour the experience for many. It is really too bad.

Sounds like you should have just reported them to the marshall as soon as you saw them. I typically would prefer that the course handle that stuff, unless there is an apology given and the air is cleared. I have heard way to many horror stories of altercations between people in different flights and such back in the states over little stupid stuff like this.

Sidenote...would be scary if someone hit into Sham's group and he came racing back.... affraid

Last edited by DRGjr72 on Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:25 am

If one were to hit back at them... It's also deemed dangerous play!
In my opinion no point as both parties will be in the wrong then!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:41 am

just go and talk to the guys and ask them to wait till you are out of range. they are unlikely to do it on purpose.

there was an occasion where we were putting out on the green, a golfer who was about 200 metres out and he hit a perfect wood which landed short of the green and then trickle onto the green where we were standing. he immediately rushed to the green to apologise. instead of giving him a earful which is standard, i complimented him for the great shot. he as not only apologetic but he also added that it was one of the purest wood shot and was shocked by the distance. and for the rest of the game, we all went on to play well, enjoyed our outing instead of being enraged with something that you cannot reversed the outcome.

one positive act will lead to another and vice versa.

have a great golfing week ahead......DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:01 am

DGman wrote:
just go and talk to the guys and ask them to wait till you are out of range. they are unlikely to do it on purpose.

there was an occasion where we were putting out on the green, a golfer who was about 200 metres out and he hit a perfect wood which landed short of the green and then trickle onto the green where we were standing. he immediately rushed to the green to apologise. instead of giving him a earful which is standard, i complimented him for the great shot. he as not only apologetic but he also added that it was one of the purest wood shot and was shocked by the distance. and for the rest of the game, we all went on to play well, enjoyed our outing instead of being enraged with something that you cannot reversed the outcome.

think must change your nick to Wiseman liao.....Zen Thought jiu si Zen Thought...
Back to top Go down
pizzaboi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:06 pm

no pt hitting the ball back to the tee la, if the ball fly back and hit him, u be in the fault already.

I would let the marshall do the necessary things.. no pt ruin my own game arguing with this type of ppl.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:15 pm

Well said & spoken.

Golf is a gentlemen's game. Too bad too many hooligans play too. Regardless, we have a choice to remain and act like gentlemen during the game. It is a matter of choice.

Very Happy

DGman wrote:

Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:30 pm

bogeyman it seems a few weeks already I dun see ur "single girl vs so many boys" postings for golf arrangements.... what happened with the single girl? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:30 pm

If there is no one injured or hit by the ball, give them a warning. If they simply ignore you or show a "can't be bother attitude" or did not apologize at all, report them to the club for Dangerous Play.

No point throwing the ball to the bush or water as it might be a pure mistake on their part. In fact it is not right to do so. I remember a few years ago, when I was once playing in Palm Resort - Chempaka course, I hit a four iron about 10-15 yards to the green where a group of golfers were putting engrossly. To my aghast, the bloody Indian golfer threw my brand new Nike Tour ball into the pond. I approached him and demanded for a apology instead and also asked him why he did something so insane. If he did not threw the ball in the pond, I will definitely apologize to them. I almost give the Indian a punch on the face but I was stopped by my buddies. In the end, the Indian approached me personally and apologized after the round and I did not report the incident to the club.

It was a happy ending although I lost my Tour ball! Very Happy

Last edited by Turbo on Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:32 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:
bogeyman it seems a few weeks already I dun see ur "single girl vs so many boys" postings for golf arrangements.... what happened with the single girl? Very Happy

I saw the "single" gal when I joined Bogeyman in one of the rounds. Depending on the context of the word ... She may still be "Single" ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:48 pm

Bro DWK,

OB!
We have not played a round of golf since the last time as our time cannot match.. last I heard, that single lady golfer may have gotten hitched with one of my golfing bros... so may not be so single anymore... Haa haa

DimWit Kid wrote:
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:49 pm

Bro Turbo,

Not the same girl lah... anyways, that girl you met not so single lehz... cannot get her out of your mind heh?

Fore!
Turbo wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:

I saw the "single" gal when I joined Bogeyman in one of the rounds. Depending on the context of the word ... She may still be "Single" ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:21 pm

haha just joking only lah...who will do that...if really did it i same as the person who hit it...if no time need to rush then better dun go for golf...must enjoy the pace and without slow play...thats whay i think...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:28 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:
Bro Turbo,

Not the same girl lah... anyways, that girl you met not so single lehz... cannot get her out of your mind heh?

Fore!
Turbo wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:

No lah, thats why I said - depending on the context of the word "Single"! I may not have room for non-single woman leh ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:30 pm

bogeyman72 wrote:
Bro Turbo,

Fore!
Turbo wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:

Huh?! Which lass you are referring to, bro? Grace? She gotta hitched with which bloke? Do I know this bloke? scratch
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:57 pm

Turbo wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:
Bro Turbo,

Fore!
Turbo wrote:
DimWit Kid wrote:

Huh?! Which lass you are referring to, bro? Grace? She gotta hitched with which bloke? Do I know this bloke? scratch

This discussion really goin OB! Very Happy Laughing

But as James Bond says (and I paraphrase): sometimes the non-single ones are safer.... Wink

(disclaimer to missus: that's you, dear!)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What can we or would you do?   Today at 1:22 am

Back to top Go down

What can we or would you do?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.