Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Longest drives on PGA Tour

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:26 pm

............. but found the lake ...



Last edited by Turbo on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:29 pm

A monster drive by Bubba Watson ........

Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Another super long hitter ... Dustin Johnson!!

Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:32 pm

I though Rory is quite far as well ?
Back to top Go down
longster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 66
Join date : 2010-05-19

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:54 pm

You guys forgotten about JB Holmes

Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 643
Join date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:06 am

OMG !!! What an explosive swing..

Turbo wrote:
Another super long hitter ... Dustin Johnson!!

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:42 am

Sometimes I ask me self, WTF is a shorthitter like me still nt doing right
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:53 am

Duval_S wrote:
Sometimes I ask me self, WTF is a shorthitter like me still nt doing right

D, they are freak of nature liao. At least 6 feet 2 with strength, flexibility and thousands of hours crafting their driving skills.

last nite I watched Luke Donald putting on a clinic at Scottish Open with his irons, wedge and putter liao. Most approach shots went near the pin for numerous one putts to a 9 under score.

You are looking at the wrong youtube videos.
Back to top Go down
chubs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 29
Location : in that hole..

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:25 am

How do u define long? Who is long?
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 570
Join date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:12 am

PGA stats board?
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:21 am

pushslice wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
Sometimes I ask me self, WTF is a shorthitter like me still nt doing right

D, they are freak of nature liao. At least 6 feet 2 with strength, flexibility and thousands of hours crafting their driving skills.

last nite I watched Luke Donald putting on a clinic at Scottish Open with his irons, wedge and putter liao. Most approach shots went near the pin for numerous one putts to a 9 under score.

You are looking at the wrong youtube videos.

he defines the statement, "It not how you drive, its how you arrive"

His approach shots are in a class of its own, very accurate within 150yards.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
chubs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 8
Join date : 2011-05-13
Age : 29
Location : in that hole..

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:40 am

Joshua wrote:
PGA stats board?
I look at the PGA stats board and It looks average to me.
Back to top Go down
Joshua
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 570
Join date : 2010-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:18 pm

Avg distance over a period, playing on different conditions ( PGA Tour )
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:37 pm

For me.... Anybody who is one sw longer than mr, I consider long hitter


And by this, there are many who are long hitter to me


@ bro PS, i resigned to fate Liao.... I just play the BB way
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1004
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 37
Location : Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 12:57 pm

highly efficient swing ... 3/4 backswing and BANG!!!




Rare rear view shows weight shift and axis tilt!


Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:09 pm

Duval_S wrote:
For me.... Anybody who is one sw longer than mr, I consider long hitter


And by this, there are many who are long hitter to me


@ bro PS, i resigned to fate Liao.... I just play the BB way

as proven by our top ranked BB and numerous ah peks hustling young ones out on the course, playing the BB way can produce results too Very Happy

@chubbs: these PGA averages?

http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/xm.html?101

It has always been Garrigus, Bubba, JB, Dustin, Cabrera, Daly, and now we've got newcomers like Woodlands, Stanley, Bowditch and Vegas

many of them chose to rein in their power in order to keep it in the fairway or avoid hazards. Those guys can drive to 350+ yrds if they want to.

I like these stats better

http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/wm1.html?103

http://www.pgatour.com/r/stats/info/?02564

GIR and Putting stats show why Luke, Bubba, Jacobson, Watney, Snedeker and Stricker all have won tournaments this year. Showed why Charlie Wi (Charlie Wi???) has been playing at the last group for a few times this year
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:44 pm

Take a look at Dustin Johnson's quick clocking of his left wrist at the onset of the upswing ... It appears to open the club face unnaturally fast but he managed to square the club face against the ball on impact. Awesome! If I do that, I guess my ball would spray right for sure!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:46 pm

I am quite amused & impressed with JB Holmes' and Alvaros' 3/4 swing on driver ... I would never be able to achieve maximum acceleration at the ball with 3/4 driver swing. Perhaps for 3/4 iron swing, it is ok for me.
Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1004
Join date : 2011-03-05
Age : 37
Location : Dubai

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Mon Jul 11, 2011 11:27 pm

Turbo wrote:
Take a look at Dustin Johnson's quick clocking of his left wrist at the onset of the upswing ... It appears to open the club face unnaturally fast but he managed to square the club face against the ball on impact. Awesome! If I do that, I guess my ball would spray right for sure!

While he has an open club face half way through the backswing ... It ends up being extremely closed at the top!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:52 pm

5 years ago ... The superbly talented Tiger drove the PAR 4 green!

affraid




AWESOME drive!!! Cool
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1313
Join date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:59 pm

longster wrote:
You guys forgotten about JB Holmes


How come he has the same half swing as me but is able to generate such distance???....BB, there's hope for us shorthitters yet......
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 5118
Join date : 2009-06-18
Location : Home sweat home...

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:39 am

I dun see any half swings. All of them have demoed a full shoulder rotation. It's not how high n far u bring ur hands n arms but how much coil u can see in their core n shoulders.

Everyone who says u drive for show n putt for dough prob hasn't played too many courses with 220yd par 3s, 500yd par 4s and 600yd par 5s. Even if u got 'deadly' w ur short game, it's not gonna help a lot in scoring at these kind of courses no matter how good u are. On that note, how many of u actually dedicate enuff time to practice ur short game n can get up and down 50-75yds in more than half the time?

Ur skill level will prob plateau out if u can't hit it longer in today's game. Same reason why many 'good' members from Keppel can't play well when playin other cses.

If u r a beginner, Yes - learn the game from the green to tee backwards but if u r learning to hit the ball, by all means hit it as hard as u can, the world's greatest golfer.....Jack Nicklaus didn't learn the game by Babying the ball. He puts it best by saying that it's easier to learn to hit hard n long then throttle down vice someone who learn to hit it smooth then try to get more distance, IBF is the classic eg of this and I think he is happier in the commentating booth now.

Luke isn't short. For a relatively small statured Caucasian, he can pump it out there just slightly abv tour avg if he wants to. He gets featured more on TV nowadays so u can see he doesn't avg 280.watever like his stats says. It helps that he is also accurate w his irons n putting. Those 'short' guys on tour mentioned can still punt it 280ish easily...just like how JB can do 350 sometimes but avg 317 on tour.

And golfool, dun bedek. I heard from Slinger u r not that short ok.

_________________
Stay Thirsty My Friends...
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:49 am

Rex, we know its all relative lor

No one said luke is short, compared to us hackers leh. Luke is avg for tour player with 280 yds, as i am avg for hackers at 235-240 yrds. Luke is still longer than Alvin and ZX together, but no its apple to orange comparison. they play from tournament tees, we play blue. Luke's 280 in tour is kinda like my 230 in my life Laughing

as to really, really long holes? Its only there once you play blue/black tees on a really long course. As such, driving distance will be more important for single hcappers and tour players then it is for average hackers, just like u said. Ive not seen a single who drives it short, at least 240 yds lah.

for golfers like me and ds, we are used to not ripping it and so found it hard to gear up. Sham gears down for accuracy, bcoz he used to rips it. Point taken.

Btw, gf drives it 250 yds, with a senior flex shaft hahahaha...

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:01 am

Quote :
pushslice wrote:

for golfers like me and ds, we are used to not ripping it and so found it hard to gear up. Sham gears down for accuracy, bcoz he used to rips it. Point taken.

Btw, gf drives it 250 yds, with a senior flex shaft hahahaha...


buddy PS...good news...with the new aquisition, I am abit further now.....but still...sigh..
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:31 am

pushslice wrote:
Rex, we know its all relative lor

No one said luke is short, compared to us hackers leh. Luke is avg for tour player with 280 yds, as i am avg for hackers at 235-240 yrds. Luke is still longer than Alvin and ZX together, but no its apple to orange comparison. they play from tournament tees, we play blue. Luke's 280 in tour is kinda like my 230 in my life Laughing

as to really, really long holes? Its only there once you play blue/black tees on a really long course. As such, driving distance will be more important for single hcappers and tour players then it is for average hackers, just like u said. Ive not seen a single who drives it short, at least 240 yds lah.

for golfers like me and ds, we are used to not ripping it and so found it hard to gear up. Sham gears down for accuracy, bcoz he used to rips it. Point taken.

Btw, gf drives it 250 yds, with a senior flex shaft hahahaha...


wow..bro

230 yd is darm far lor.....relative to my drive lah....
i think if i can drive 180 yd...very happy liao....sigh !!!!....pathetic me !!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Longest drives on PGA Tour   Today at 9:57 am

Back to top Go down
 
Longest drives on PGA Tour
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 2011 PGA TOUR Longest Drives (yards)
» Longest drives on PGA Tour
» Asian Tour Pros
» Longest Hitter Puts on a Show
» Titleist Tour Issued Satin MBs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Swing Sequence and Videos-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.