Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:56 pm

MTBdude, this is for you yeah?

Taken from :
http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/topic/491829-miura-golf-introduces-dramatic-limited-forged-black-blade-iron/page__pid__3368780#entry3368780

HIMEJI, Japan -- Miura Golf, the Japanese company known for its excellence in forging fine clubs, also has a reputation for the beauty of its creations. The tradition continues with the company's latest forged iron.

Miura's new LIMITED FORGED BLACK BLADE iron is a stunning version of the popular muscle back Miura Tournament Blade -- but with the distinctive Miura Black finish. Company founder and club making expert Katsuhiro Miura and his sons, Yoshitaka and Shinei, and their staff took special care to create a no-glare, flat-black finish with a surface texture that's pleasing to the touch. When golf club fans see these beauties, the effect is like coming around the corner and seeing your dream car parked at the curb. They can't get that look out of their minds.

The LFBB finish is the same as on Miura's Black Wedges. Like the wedges, these irons will show gradual, desirable wear with repeated use. But "wear" doesn't mean "wear out." Instead, it's more like a breaking in, a personalization no different than the one that occurs with your favorite baseball glove or the skates you want in the games that matter.

This personalized settling-in of the finish will differ slightly for every player. But in general, the black finish will mature over time to a silvery gray, mostly on the center of the clubface and on the sole, starting at the leading edge. Time in the sun enters into it, as well as the turf the golfer usually encounters. In the end, the Limited Forged Black Blades will be distinctively Miura, and distinctively each golfer's own - and always a joy to look at as well as play.

"This is one of the great things about being the kind of company we are -- small and focused on careful, handcrafted work. So we can satisfy golfers' appetites for clubs that are beautiful as well as functional," said Adam Barr, president of Miura. "When Miura-san has ideas like this for something special and exciting, we can do it, and to a very high standard. Of course, by definition, there can't be many of these sets available. But that just adds to the allure."

The suggested retail price for the Limited Forged Black Blades will be US$275 per club. Interested golfers around the world can check the list of expert dealer/fitters near them by clicking on this Miura Dealer List.

Back to top Go down
mtbdude74
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:17 pm

Saw those @ far east. Too pretty to take a divot; I might start hitting fresh air.

Now on sabbatical, will work on gaming my new clubs.
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:21 pm

mtbdude74 wrote:
Saw those @ far east. Too pretty to take a divot; I might start hitting fresh air.

What sabbatical scratch After going up to Division 1 one must go on and challenge, not stop. What duh??????

Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:23 pm

Too beautiful to play them.... Black is the color....
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:33 pm

mtbdude74 wrote:

New clubs affraid
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:45 pm

blee, his new clubs are miuras too.. affraid
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 9:54 pm

are these clubs conforming? looks too swee to play them
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:00 pm

i think so
Back to top Go down
Loudmouth
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:18 pm

lovely just so lovely... sigh... pocket not deep enough... do they just sell the head only?
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:20 pm

not sure.. but you got to fit it at the dealers here if you buy here.
Back to top Go down
mtbdude74
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Loudmouth wrote:
lovely just so lovely... sigh... pocket not deep enough... do they just sell the head only?

Far East; no. Torque@laguna; everything is custom and possible.
Back to top Go down
Loudmouth
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:29 pm

mtbdude74 wrote:
Loudmouth wrote:

Far East; no. Torque@laguna; everything is custom and possible.

tks. just found the website.... drooling.. so awesome... was eyeing black iron for a while could find one that is so adorable... couldn't sleep liao... sigh... Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 5:45 am

mizzy wrote:
blee, his new clubs are miuras too.. affraid

For that, I believe he has to give us strokes liao... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:51 am

mtbdude74 wrote:

Sabbatical? Purrrleeease! Razz

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
mtbdude74
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:31 am

Technospaz wrote:
mtbdude74 wrote:

New addition to the family due any time now...will be swapping my irons for diapers!
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:57 am

Quote :
mtbdude74 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
mtbdude74 wrote:

New addition to the family due any time now...will be swapping my irons for diapers!

congrats Bro.....

heard so much of your immaculate golf play....hope to do a game with you once you are done with sabbatical...
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:53 am

mtbdude74 wrote:

Congrats brudder!!

Cheers Jump

Do let us know once your sabbatical is over as I would like to catch a game with you.

Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:06 am

Hi friends,

Is the name of the shop selling Miura called Far Eat at Laguna Country club?
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:12 am

senmin wrote:
Hi friends,

Is the name of the shop selling Miura called Far Eat at Laguna Country club?

Hi senmin, the name of the shop at Laguna Country Club is called Torque Golf. Look for Joe or Stanley. Joe is the club fitter.

Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:18 am

OK, Tks Monica.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:00 am

mtbdude74 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
mtbdude74 wrote:

Congrats Smile This will be a set which your bundle of joy can use too Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:20 am

congrats Nick!

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mtbdude74
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:22 am

Thanks guys!

Are any of you volunteering to babysit so that I can continue to play golf?
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:24 am

sure I charge $50 an hour or 1 miura iron set per session. Laughing

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:56 pm

mtbdude74 wrote:
Thanks guys!

Are any of you volunteering to babysit so that I can continue to play golf?

I take your car can liao..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf   Today at 10:08 am

Back to top Go down

New scalpels for the doctor to play surgical golf
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next