Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 handicap qns

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
yeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-21
Age : 42

PostSubject: handicap qns   Fri Jul 22, 2011 1:28 am

hi,

pardon me for asking a noobie qns Embarassed

jus curious... if i have a handicap tat is from closed-down local club (some years back)... any chance of "reviving" it?

best regards
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:36 am

If I am not mistaken, u can only "revive" it if its less than 2 years lapse. After that, cannot.

I transfered by Seletar Base handicap to Changi about 1 after SBGC closed.

My 2 cents worth
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Fri Jul 22, 2011 7:50 am

simoner wrote:
If I am not mistaken, u can only "revive" it if its less than 2 years lapse. After that, cannot.

I transfered by Seletar Base handicap to Changi about 1 after SBGC closed.

My 2 cents worth

Oh..Simoner, you were an ex SBGC member too?? I really missed the club now. Nice to pay just $32 for a quick 2 hr 9 holes huh??

titu
Back to top Go down
yeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-21
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:25 am

me oso an ex sbgc... really miss tat 9-hole course which personally felt its very good to play on


Last edited by yeo on Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:53 am

Yup, Titu. Was ex-SBGC. Used to go there during my lunch hour and walk a quick 9 holes which takes less than 2 hours to finish = good exercise plus practice.

Missed those 9 holes!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:25 am

yeo wrote:
me oso an ex sbgc... really miss tat 9-hole course which personally felt its very good to play on

Hi Yeo me too. Good thing never last.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:28 am

I am a big fan of SBGC......I will not be the golfer I am today if not for SBGC

I will like to thank SBGC for allowing me to play when I first started golfing.
Back to top Go down
yeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-21
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:50 am

tats where i gotten my pc & handicap ...

though i havent been to many golf course ... but alway felt tat it is a good course with certain standard as it gave a good challenge on yr skills and had various "obstacles" to conquer haha
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:17 pm

Duval_S wrote:
I am a big fan of SBGC......I will not be the golfer I am today if not for SBGC

I will like to thank SBGC for allowing me to play when I first started golfing.

Hei Lau Chiao, I got my 1st birdie there, literally. YOu know the 2nd or 3rd hole, I can't remember now, where we tee off and there is a pond right in front? I teed off and at the same time, a kingfisher took off like a missile and scudded my ball into the pond. Of course his head was smashed. My 1st birdie. affraid I still have the picture in my old mobile. After that hole, I was playing like a zombie.
Back to top Go down
yeo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 36
Join date : 2011-07-21
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Fri Jul 22, 2011 5:44 pm

if not wrong... 3rd hole is the one with a pond in front of the tee off area

2nd hole is the one with a "water pipe"(or something similar) cut across in front of the tee off area .. alway tot might hit tat pipe hahha
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Tituman wrote:
[ I teed off and at the same time, a kingfisher took off like a missile and scudded my ball into the pond. Of course his head was smashed. My 1st birdie. affraid I still have the picture in my old mobile. After that hole, I was playing like a zombie.

LOL! That's not your 1st birdie Tituman. That's your 1st Bird-DIE!!!!

You're the MAN!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:00 am

yeo wrote:
if not wrong... 3rd hole is the one with a pond in front of the tee off area

2nd hole is the one with a "water pipe"(or something similar) cut across in front of the tee off area .. alway tot might hit tat pipe hahha

Yup u r rite. Old man got dementia liao...kekekke
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:12 am

simoner wrote:
Tituman wrote:
[ I teed off and at the same time, a kingfisher took off like a missile and scudded my ball into the pond. Of course his head was smashed. My 1st birdie. affraid I still have the picture in my old mobile. After that hole, I was playing like a zombie.

LOL! That's not your 1st birdie Tituman. That's your 1st Bird-DIE!!!!

You're the MAN!

Guess you got the right definition there. And that was not my 1st and last Bird-DIE ! I got my 2nd Bird-DIE at Daiman 18. On one of the long holes, another same specie of Kingfisher was perched on the branch of a palm tree, watching and enjoying the scene of those stupid aliens hitting some small white thingy, lining on the right hand side of the fairway. Never knew there was a bird there as I was aiming down for the middle of the fairway. But my ball just just went right and hit it on the dot and it died the same way as the 1st one at SBGC ! I really could not believe it when I saw the bird dropped from the branch. affraid

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: handicap qns   Today at 2:01 pm

Back to top Go down
 
handicap qns
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Malaysia Golf Association Handicap
» Golf Handicap index
» planning to go for handicap test, need advise
» Is it Possible to play to a single handicap with a 210 metre drive?
» Golf Handicap

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Ask The Pro-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.