Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3623
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 45
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:55 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Thanks guys. Hope it lives up to the big reputation that precedes it, although knowing Miura, I'm sure it will.

What do you guys think of raw steel wedges?

It's not even mentioned on the official website, but I found out Miura does them, on special order, and you can choose the custom grind you want. The esteemed Mr Katsuhiro Miura will do the grind himself. Talk about being touched by the hands of god....

Sounds interesting right?

The feel of the black forged wedges have really grown on me, ok I'm addicted to it, and I want MORE of the feel, the touch, the sweet note of impact.

Yesterday at the range, a Mynah bird was hopping back and forth among the chipped balls, looking to eat insects that the landing balls stirred up. And I had a fun time trying to chip to hit the moving bird. I never did hit it of course, the bird is not stupid, but it was a fun way to sharpen both my aiming alignement (the darn bird kept moving) and the distance feel of my wedges.

Now in the process of experimenting with my short game shots to see what sort of grind would fit me best. Also need to bear in mind the type of courses I typically play - the type of grass, rough, etc.

Wow ! you cruel leh...hehehehe like olden times those tyrant let go convicts and shoot them in a hunting game...hehehehee..

Joke a side, the putter and irons do looks good and since you are feeling good, the irons sets is suitable for you. That is important. If teh look or feel dun feel good to you, then no matter how good teh set, you will always have a mental block and blaming the set for every bad shots.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:01 pm

FD448 wrote:
Lee, Do sell me your Miura black wedge 60/7 when you got your raw steel Very Happy

I say, friend, I would love to, but I have a habit of collecting things.... But if I do change my mind I know who to contact. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:07 pm

4dtoto wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Thanks guys. Hope it lives up to the big reputation that precedes it, although knowing Miura, I'm sure it will.

What do you guys think of raw steel wedges?

It's not even mentioned on the official website, but I found out Miura does them, on special order, and you can choose the custom grind you want. The esteemed Mr Katsuhiro Miura will do the grind himself. Talk about being touched by the hands of god....

Sounds interesting right?

The feel of the black forged wedges have really grown on me, ok I'm addicted to it, and I want MORE of the feel, the touch, the sweet note of impact.

Yesterday at the range, a Mynah bird was hopping back and forth among the chipped balls, looking to eat insects that the landing balls stirred up. And I had a fun time trying to chip to hit the moving bird. I never did hit it of course, the bird is not stupid, but it was a fun way to sharpen both my aiming alignement (the darn bird kept moving) and the distance feel of my wedges.

Now in the process of experimenting with my short game shots to see what sort of grind would fit me best. Also need to bear in mind the type of courses I typically play - the type of grass, rough, etc.

Wow ! you cruel leh...hehehehe like olden times those tyrant let go convicts and shoot them in a hunting game...hehehehee..

Joke a side, the putter and irons do looks good and since you are feeling good, the irons sets is suitable for you. That is important. If teh look or feel dun feel good to you, then no matter how good teh set, you will always have a mental block and blaming the set for every bad shots.

He he, if endangered species, I would not use it for target practice, but mynah birds are very smart. It did not even try to fly away, just hopped out of range when my balls landed, and came back for the insects.

Yes you are right, feeling comfortable with the equipment is a crucial element in acquiring confidence with a shot you're about to execute. It would play with my mind if I have to compensate for the equipment by altering the grip, aiming away from target, swing harder, etc etc.

Which is why custom-fitting is also important I feel.
Back to top Go down
WeeQi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 73
Join date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Nice Putter   Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:10 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
After such an unexpected showing from the Miuras, I find it hard to resist from adding to the collection....







Only 69 pieces made. I am a sucker for beauties like these.


That is a very beautiful putter. Upz! Btw can share how much it cost? Very tempting...

After reading all the post, I am thinking of getting one set of miura too. Haha.. Good sharing bro.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:53 pm

WeeQi wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
After such an unexpected showing from the Miuras, I find it hard to resist from adding to the collection....

Only 69 pieces made. I am a sucker for beauties like these.

That is a very beautiful putter. Upz! Btw can share how much it cost? Very tempting...

After reading all the post, I am thinking of getting one set of miura too. Haha.. Good sharing bro.

Best to get a quote from the official source. I've pm'ed you the contact.

I understand the black is a batch of only 69, so price might be a bit premium.

Here is the 'standard' 350, which might be easier on the wallet.






Cheers.
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:07 pm

I recalled I did hit a bird at OCC range. I top the ball n it went straight n hit the bird. It flew up n turned afew rounds n drop back to the green. Think the bird die? God bless.....
Back to top Go down
zephyr_bloom
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 160
Join date : 2009-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:10 pm

A beauty, both irons and putter... Can pm me the contact? Thanks in advance....
Back to top Go down
cmclee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 185
Join date : 2009-07-31
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:12 pm

Looking at the Muira blade putter face, it somehow bears an uncanny resemblance of my Wilson 8812 putter. Can someone verify that ?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:22 pm

zephyr_bloom wrote:
A beauty, both irons and putter... Can pm me the contact? Thanks in advance....

Done, with my pleasure.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:25 pm

FD448 wrote:
I recalled I did hit a bird at OCC range. I top the ball n it went straight n hit the bird. It flew up n turned afew rounds n drop back to the green. Think the bird die? God bless.....

A bird weighs a lot less than a golf ball.

And if you topped it so powerfully that the bird could not get out of the way fast enough, you must be a pretty strong hitter. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
w_chiang
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 35
Join date : 2010-08-31
Location : in front of a computer

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:38 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
FD448 wrote:
I recalled I did hit a bird at OCC range. I top the ball n it went straight n hit the bird. It flew up n turned afew rounds n drop back to the green. Think the bird die? God bless.....

A bird weighs a lot less than a golf ball.

And if you topped it so powerfully that the bird could not get out of the way fast enough, you must be a pretty strong hitter. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I saw 2 birds who got killed by golf balls.
Both of them from my flight mates who topped their drives from the tee box. It does not take a strong hitter to kill the bird.
One of my flight mate was a woman. The bird was about 100m away from the tee box...
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:40 pm

w_chiang wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
FD448 wrote:
I recalled I did hit a bird at OCC range. I top the ball n it went straight n hit the bird. It flew up n turned afew rounds n drop back to the green. Think the bird die? God bless.....

A bird weighs a lot less than a golf ball.

And if you topped it so powerfully that the bird could not get out of the way fast enough, you must be a pretty strong hitter. Laughing Laughing Laughing

I saw 2 birds who got killed by golf balls.
Both of them from my flight mates who topped their drives from the tee box. It does not take a strong hitter to kill the bird.
One of my flight mate was a woman. The bird was about 100m away from the tee box...

That should count as a 'birdie' too.
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:16 pm

Yap, once my friend stand about 10 meter n throw a golf ball to me. I used my hand to catch it n got blue black.... I got hit by a golf ball when my friend did a short wedge. It hit mine left shoulder n also got blue black. That's y I think the bird's bones sure broke. Poor thing....
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:42 pm

FD448 wrote:
Yap, once my friend stand about 10 meter n throw a golf ball to me. I used my hand to catch it n got blue black.... I got hit by a golf ball when my friend did a short wedge. It hit mine left shoulder n also got blue black. That's y I think the bird's bones sure broke. Poor thing....

I guess you owe it to the poor bird to master the shot you were practicing so that it did not expire in vain... As long as next time you don't make aiming at birds part of your preshot routine and alignment aid, you should be ok.

But, way to reinforce the swing in your muscle memory. I can imagine, with that kind of visual and auditory feedback (the sight of the bird recoiling from impact, the sound of bird stopping the ball, and the sight of the bird dropping out of the sky) your body will remember that shot for a while.

Which is why the rich feedback of forged feel of the Miura has helped my shotmaking so much, albeit in a much more pleasant manner. Notice how I neatly segued back to being on topic. Razz
Back to top Go down
WeeQi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 73
Join date : 2011-03-14

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Tue Aug 23, 2011 3:57 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
WeeQi wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
After such an unexpected showing from the Miuras, I find it hard to resist from adding to the collection....

Only 69 pieces made. I am a sucker for beauties like these.

That is a very beautiful putter. Upz! Btw can share how much it cost? Very tempting...

After reading all the post, I am thinking of getting one set of miura too. Haha.. Good sharing bro.

Best to get a quote from the official source. I've pm'ed you the contact.

I understand the black is a batch of only 69, so price might be a bit premium.

Here is the 'standard' 350, which might be easier on the wallet.

Thanks! I will check with them.






Cheers.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 196
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 35
Location : Borneo

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:57 pm

Lee,

Do you order your Miura domestically or international?

My PP-9003 just arrived from US but too in love to hit them yet.

Price wise, waaay affordable than quoted in Singapore.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:49 pm

rsenal wrote:
Lee,

Do you order your Miura domestically or international?

My PP-9003 just arrived from US but too in love to hit them yet.

Price wise, waaay affordable than quoted in Singapore.

I ordered them via my local distributor channel, which got them from the regional distributor in Singapore.

In my case, I prefer to order them locally because I need the on-ground support for custom-fitting, getting the right shaft, swing weight, lie adjustment, etc. Also, as my swing continues to grow, I will continue to draw from the local support to make the set grow with me.

I know how you feel, I admired the Miura baby blade heads for a long time as collector's pieces before finally shafting them up. They looked too beautiful to hit.

But when you finally put them into play, they will open up a new world of sublime pleasures, an eternity of bliss within the split-second of a pure impact.

You won't regret it.


Last edited by Lee36328 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 196
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 35
Location : Borneo

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:41 pm

Good for you..Curious, could you PM me how much Singapore is selling per club?

Well, after receiving the set, I was amazed that the PP9003 is nothing like a GI set. The set up aspires confidence and the clubs (air swing) is quite balance.

Im selling a set of AP2 710 with PX 5.0 satin to make way for this babies. The AP2's itself was a joy to hit but am looking forward to this sublime pleasures (pants getting tighter?) that you speak of with the Miuras. Need to make sure I sayang the set after each hit like you do.

By the way, any good iron covers to protect them? Saw a Miura ones somewhere. Maybe Il look for them in Bangkok.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Mon Sep 05, 2011 11:15 pm

rsenal wrote:
Good for you..Curious, could you PM me how much Singapore is selling per club?

Well, after receiving the set, I was amazed that the PP9003 is nothing like a GI set. The set up aspires confidence and the clubs (air swing) is quite balance.

Im selling a set of AP2 710 with PX 5.0 satin to make way for this babies. The AP2's itself was a joy to hit but am looking forward to this sublime pleasures (pants getting tighter?) that you speak of with the Miuras. Need to make sure I sayang the set after each hit like you do.

By the way, any good iron covers to protect them? Saw a Miura ones somewhere. Maybe Il look for them in Bangkok.

Honestly, I wouldn't know how much it's selling per club in S'pore (and there are numerous models furthermore.)

I got mine in Malaysia, heads only, 3-PW, and being the limited edition small blades, they were more expensive than the tournament blades. Got the shafts separately.

I looked at the pictures of PP9003 in the miura website. They sure look good... Artistically beautiful.

Air swings so far? Wait till you hit them.... No turning back after that.
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 196
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 35
Location : Borneo

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:18 pm

Tonight I went to the range and brought along a couple of my new PP9003 clubs and miura wedge.

I haven't touched a club in less than a month so I anticipated that I would need to groove the swing first.

Bought along my trusty eye2+ set as they are always easy to hit.

Once I started to feel the swing, out came the wedge. First few shots, so so nothing special.

Grabbed the pp9003 7 iron, also nothing special.

Made some swing changes as I tend to be too erect in my set up.

Grabbed the wedge and the wow! Hot! Swing some more, getting nicer.

7 iron PP9003 now: baby draw and lovely flight. Feel was soft and wow. I also have the ap2 710 and they were nice but this one was nicer. You could feel the ball jumping off the soft face! Hit some more and it was poison! Too good! The turf interaction is also nice. Pants got tighter and tighter nice.

Yes I would jump on the bandwagon and say Miura is the bomb! Super club and quality craftsman.
Back to top Go down
FD448
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 205
Join date : 2009-10-22

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:05 pm

Welcome to the club
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:57 am

Welcome, welcome.

Now you know what we are gushing about.

That's just a taste for starters.

I am sure you'll get a ton of pleasure from your set.

In future, whatever you do, DO NOT hit the tournament blades or you'll be hooked.

Beyond that, whatever you do, DO NOT hit the baby blades, or you'll be beyond redemption.

Each step floods the pleasure centers of your brain in ever increasing levels of dopamine; there's simply no turning back after you've had a taste.

At the range working on my shot shapes last night, I was intently concentration on my mechanics and trajectory. But every now and then, a pure shot punches through my focused senses, making me stop to admire the graceful flight of the ball in the night sky as the pleasure washes over me like a wave on a tropical beach on a warm moonlit night.
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 230
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:43 pm

Congrats rsenal!

Although i only just bought a new set of irons, the miuras are really really tempting!
Back to top Go down
rsenal
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 196
Join date : 2011-09-05
Age : 35
Location : Borneo

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:52 am

mox wrote:
Congrats rsenal!

Although i only just bought a new set of irons, the miuras are really really tempting!

Prior to purchasing the Miuras, I had told myself that I dont need a Miura on 3-5 occasions (lost count) until the lack of sleep took the better of me. Laughing

So if you dont really need them now, try not to look at any Miura pictures or read about Miura in forums such as here. You have to be strong.

Enjoy your new set though.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:59 pm

That's good advice. You gotta be strong. Don't look at pictures like this.



Or this.



Whatever you do, don't imagine how your entire being will ooze with pleasure as a well-struck shot sails high in the sky exactly at the pin from 140m out.

Or the pleasure your wallet will feel as you 'apologetically' collect money from your friends after the game (sorry guys, I don't know what happened today, I've never played like this before.)

Or facing the wrath of your regular playing mates asking, nay demanding strokes from you or they'll never play with you again.

Whatever you do, don't think about any of the above.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God   Today at 8:46 am

Back to top Go down
 
Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Waited Two Years For The Hands Of God
» Waited 15 years to be tickled by the devil's balls (attempt to drive past 200m)
» Non starting K100 after 5 years unused.
» cold hands, warm feet
» New Years Day Ride, 2011

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.