Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Primary 1 registration anxieties

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:34 pm

Then Zoe's kids go where? Send overseas?

wah I respect the Nanyang school system. dam fair. If I am a normal mortal parent who got his child in and Zoe did not, then I will be even more impressed at how fair this school is and know that the principal/school has a good value system
Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1214
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 31
Location : ::nowhere::

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:35 pm

Henry Park Primary
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:10 pm

Quote :
cristel wrote:
Henry Park Primary


what .... alma mater school don want to go...go for others.....then cannot, and now go back.

wonder if the principal will reject such old boy?
Back to top Go down
gomjgo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 107
Join date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:12 pm

Gray wrote:
Then Zoe's kids go where? Send overseas?

wah I respect the Nanyang school system. dam fair. If I am a normal mortal parent who got his child in and Zoe did not, then I will be even more impressed at how fair this school is and know that the principal/school has a good value system

It's not that Nanyang has a fair system, just that the couple didn't do any research before volunteering.

Back to top Go down
gomjgo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 107
Join date : 2010-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
cristel wrote:
Henry Park Primary


what .... alma mater school don want to go...go for others.....then cannot, and now go back.

wonder if the principal will reject such old boy?

If the principle dares to accept the couple's son for next year P1 education, the principle must be prepared to face the consequence.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:31 pm

gomjgo wrote:
Gray wrote:
Then Zoe's kids go where? Send overseas?

wah I respect the Nanyang school system. dam fair. If I am a normal mortal parent who got his child in and Zoe did not, then I will be even more impressed at how fair this school is and know that the principal/school has a good value system

It's not that Nanyang has a fair system, just that the couple didn't do any research before volunteering.


really? so why is zoe rejected. based on what? not enuff volunteer time as compared to other parents?
Back to top Go down
publica
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 94
Join date : 2009-08-05
Location : Bedok

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:46 pm

Number of places in Phase 2B is less than the number of vounteers, grass root leaders etc (those eligible for Pahse 2B).
Being such a case, priority will be given to less than 1 km first , then 1-2km and then above 2km.
Do not know where Zoe Tay stays but i do not think it's within 1km of Nanyang. (likely she is above 2km). So no chance.

Back to top Go down
cristel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1214
Join date : 2010-07-10
Age : 31
Location : ::nowhere::

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:50 pm

she stays in holland.

read the link given to understand more...
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:22 pm

After Zoe...now we have Mark.

I think hor...that these elite schools should reserve x % for kids with non-elite parents...in that way, the eliteness can spiral down to the masses.



Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Mon Aug 15, 2011 4:46 pm

The problem is how to differentiate between elite and non elite parents without causing unhappiness
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:21 pm

Gray wrote:
The problem is how to differentiate between elite and non elite parents without causing unhappiness

easy lah What a Face

Just use SQ membership status e.g.

Krisflyer Blue/Silver (neighbourhood),
Gold (Red Swastika, Mahabodhi, Kong Hwa etc),
PPS (ACS, Methodist, Bukit Panjang etc)
Solitaire (Nanyang, Tao Nan, Raffles Girls, Rosyth etc)

Laughing
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Wah then i got no krisflyer points. My kids have to go overseas school
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:11 pm

Gray wrote:
Wah then i got no krisflyer points. My kids have to go overseas school

Wah! Heng-ah! Luckily still got some Star Alliance points to weather it out Razz
Back to top Go down
riverdeity
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 258
Join date : 2010-07-29
Age : 29
Location : london

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Tue Aug 16, 2011 2:41 am

Its not all that good in Nanyang tbh, i was an old boy back in the mid to late nighties and the studying environment there was simply horrible. They just made us study all day Sad
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:53 am

riverdeity wrote:
Its not all that good in Nanyang tbh, i was an old boy back in the mid to late nighties and the studying environment there was simply horrible. They just made us study all day Sad

not even time to fight spider and play rubber? Wah kao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Primary 1 registration anxieties   Today at 2:03 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Primary 1 registration anxieties
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Primary 1 registration anxieties
» any recommendation for Engish home tutor for primary kid
» Registration Rules
» Robbie Brown Primary Chain Man!
» Boston Marathon Registration Date Calculator

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.