Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

"Trying too hard"

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: "Trying too hard"   Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:34 am

Just a couple of weeks ago, had a few special training sessions with a coach to level myself up to a somewhat 'playable level'.

During training at the Par-3 and during the final debriefing, my coach gave an honest opinion (which he later reiterated in his report) that I try too hard as a beginner. Whilst it is always good to have that competitive edge in Golf to push oneself harder to achieve results, the concentration on results, techniques and these alone without relaxing at all and having fun with the game, may eventually prove detrimental to one's development in golf.

He did mention that most Asian beginner students he'd coached, display this 'problem' when they start to learn golf.

How true is that?
Back to top Go down
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: "Trying too hard"   Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:08 am

trying too hard...

what to do.....during the early years already condition to give yor best which equates to 'try hard'...and if not...try harder...

even the botak hero aka Bruce Willis also epitomizes this in his show..die hard..then die harder....(did i remember it correctly ?? )

but more importantly...if we look at it...its not about trying has to do with unrealistic goals and resulting one in trying hard for the wrong goal.

now...this explains why I am playing this std of goal is to go past red tee..consistently...
Back to top Go down
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: "Trying too hard"   Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:41 am

duval, past the red tee?!

my flight mate made that joke before then his friend tee the ball at red tee instead. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Trying too hard"   Today at 12:09 am

Back to top Go down
"Trying too hard"
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.