Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Hi Golf Gurus!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 40
Location : Smelly Island

PostSubject: Hi Golf Gurus!   Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:30 pm

Hi Golf Gurus!

I decided to register myself after reading the forum's threads for quite sometime as a guest. I am very new to this game and only started in March 2011. It's only after my son was selected for his school's team in Jan, nurture him into a decent young golfer. Currently he is being coached by the fantastic team at mygolf khaki. As for myself, I didn't like this game at all till I accompany my son for his practices at the range and I tried swinging a borrowed iron 7 from a friend.. all i knew, I never look back since. It's now 4 months, and I haven formally register myself for the basic course and intending soon. I read alot on info on golf game, swings, clubs and such on the net and obseved seasoned golfers at the ranges. Learn abit here and there. My interests grew and hope i can find more friends here to have a session or two t the ranges. (hope you guys don't mind as i am still learning the basics). Smile

golfnut.
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 390
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 33
Location : Punggol

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:40 pm

Hi Bro

I'm new too.. started somewhere in Mar/Apr... I would suggest you to engage a Pro to learn.. it's more difficult to correct once you have developed your own swing.. I tried playing myself with some friends for a couple of times and then decided to engage a Pro then... I can see the difference immediately..

As I'm usually busy with work and by the time I'm home, it's late, so I don't really get to go to range on weekdays.. but training does helps... practice makes perfect...

My coach is at the Mandai Executive Golf Course and I usually go to either Bishan, Mandai or OCC for practice...

We can meet up to learn from each other if have chance...
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 387
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 46
Location : woodland

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:43 pm

Welcome bro, is good that you are taking lesson to
learn the game. Is always good to start off on the right foot
rather then to figure it out yourself. Golf is never an easy game but you
have a life time to figure it out. Happy golfing bro....

Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
klt8144
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1207
Join date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:46 pm

Blee, can you coach me tonight? I need to recover my swing...seem to lost for good now...
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 387
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 46
Location : woodland

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:51 pm

Haha....klt where did you lost it, is it
at OCC?????
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
klt8144
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1207
Join date : 2010-07-08

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:53 pm

dtan wrote:
Haha....klt where did you lost it, is it
at OCC?????

dont know where i lost it,,, but can never be found again...screwed!
Back to top Go down
dtan
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 387
Join date : 2011-03-28
Age : 46
Location : woodland

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:29 pm

I understand that frustrating feeling too...
I lost my abt 3 week ago but lucky i found it back after
hitting abt 300 balls at OCC.
Back to top Go down
http://davidtnm@yahoo.com
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 40
Location : Smelly Island

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:35 pm

kevinhwc wrote:
Hi Bro

I'm new too.. started somewhere in Mar/Apr... I would suggest you to engage a Pro to learn.. it's more difficult to correct once you have developed your own swing.. I tried playing myself with some friends for a couple of times and then decided to engage a Pro then... I can see the difference immediately..

As I'm usually busy with work and by the time I'm home, it's late, so I don't really get to go to range on weekdays.. but training does helps... practice makes perfect...

My coach is at the Mandai Executive Golf Course and I usually go to either Bishan, Mandai or OCC for practice...

We can meet up to learn from each other if have chance...

Hi bro! Thanks! Yes, i am engaging a pro soon but as for now i am quite busy at work and due to my wife's business to take care, we have to push this back later. ( wife interested in the game too) i stays at North and been going to Executive and OCC when i have the time. For the course, i am looking at mygolf khaki and Honshin. Hope to engage either them soon! Smile
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 40
Location : Smelly Island

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:36 pm

dtan wrote:
Welcome bro, is good that you are taking lesson to
learn the game. Is always good to start off on the right foot
rather then to figure it out yourself. Golf is never an easy game but you
have a life time to figure it out. Happy golfing bro....

Thank you bro. I hope can learn more as the time goes by. Thank you!
Back to top Go down
acidic88
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 236
Join date : 2011-07-03
Age : 44

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:45 pm

Welcome! IMHO, learning from a Pro is important as it gets your foundation right. It will be a lot easier as you progress in the game. Don't worry about the clubs at the moment, just focus on getting the foundation and swing right. Have fun!!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:52 pm

Klt, the person you ask for help is the doc and mizzy la. Ha ha.

Hi golf nut, welcome here. Btw, are you staying at yishun?
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 40
Location : Smelly Island

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:09 pm

blee2007 wrote:
Klt, the person you ask for help is the doc and mizzy la. Ha ha.

Hi golf nut, welcome here. Btw, are you staying at yishun?

Hi bro, yes i stays in Yishun. Smile
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 40
Location : Smelly Island

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:09 pm

acidic88 wrote:
Welcome! IMHO, learning from a Pro is important as it gets your foundation right. It will be a lot easier as you progress in the game. Don't worry about the clubs at the moment, just focus on getting the foundation and swing right. Have fun!!

Hi bro, noted! would love to learn from a pro soon. Smile
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 1725
Join date : 2009-06-17
Location : Laguna National Golf and Country Club

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:26 pm

golfnut wrote:
acidic88 wrote:
Welcome! IMHO, learning from a Pro is important as it gets your foundation right. It will be a lot easier as you progress in the game. Don't worry about the clubs at the moment, just focus on getting the foundation and swing right. Have fun!!

Hi bro, noted! would love to learn from a pro soon. Smile

Hi Golfnut, welcome.

I would recommend Jack at OCC. Good coach. Beer
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 40
Location : Smelly Island

PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:15 pm

shorthitter wrote:
golfnut wrote:
acidic88 wrote:
Welcome! IMHO, learning from a Pro is important as it gets your foundation right. It will be a lot easier as you progress in the game. Don't worry about the clubs at the moment, just focus on getting the foundation and swing right. Have fun!!

Hi bro, noted! would love to learn from a pro soon. Smile

Hi Golfnut, welcome.

I would recommend Jack at OCC. Good coach. Beer

Hi bro, Yes he's indeed a good coach as he's my son's coach! thank you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Hi Golf Gurus!   Today at 6:16 am

Back to top Go down
 
Hi Golf Gurus!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» youtube golf gurus
» OOB GOlf
» My New Toy - the RC golf trolley
» Golf in Desaru or East Coast Malaysia
» Looking for Golf Coach (beginner level)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Welcome to Golf Republic Forum :: Self Introduction-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.