Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:43 pm

golfool2009 wrote:
As usual, we all see the differences but most of the posts here have many similarities that we can all agree upon:
1. Tiger Woods is an a-hole
2. Steve Williams is an a-hole
3. Adam Scott is a class act
4. All of us are rooting for Tiger, the golfer, to go out and dominate the game like he used to...hitting miracle shots the likes of which can only be pulled off by the Tiger of yore....

So, c'mon Tiger, get your head back in the game, get rid of Sean Foley and start lapping the field again...!!!!

Cheers Jump Cheers Jump Cheers Jump

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:53 pm

yeah +10,000.

SH.... Like you, I respect your right to your opinion just like I have mine.

You don't need to leave the forum just because I posted my opinion which you disagree with. Let me write whatever I want. I do not represent the forum and neither the forum represents me.

Unless you disagree with what the forum stands for......golf......but golf is just what this forum stands for and I dont think you disagree with golf correct?

There are PAP supporters here as well as WP supporters as much as there are Erin supporters and Tiger supporters. We dont let that get in the way of a good TCSS session on the GR.

I did not make that comment on Erin as a form of personal attack or to offend anyone.

Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:56 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Actually, I disagree with Steve - I think he's an arrogant chap (like Tiger). So, his comments on Adam's win were uncalled for, but not out of character.

Anyway, golf is getting more complex... I miss the old days where I could just hit my golf ball anywhere and no one would care... these days, one embarrassing shot, and the whole forum knows Razz

TS, if I had ever golf with you again, I will be sure to take note and post big big. Hahahaha

Kidding lah.
lol!
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:59 pm

Honestly, I do not like TW from day one. Yes he is a world class player and a crowd puller but to me I find him to be too temperamental on the course. He throws his clubs whenever he is upset with his bad shots. Don't forget, he is on National TV and there are supporters that look up to him and that to me is a show of poor sportmanship. My other half still supports him and everytime when we watch TW putts I always disturb him by saying miss miss and he will give me the look and I'll give him a nice smile.

What happens to TW in his private life is his business. That I agree but on the other hand he being so famous (even non golfers like some Ah peks also know who he is) its hard for outsiders not to comment. Its probably the biggest "gossip" of the month for that matter the year. At the end of the day anybody can have their own opinion and some are supportive and some are not. That's life!

Sorry if I have offended any TW supporters. Like I said its just my opinion. Beer


_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:05 pm

mloy wrote:
I find him to be too temperamental on the course. He throws his clubs whenever he is upset with his bad shots ... that to me is a show of poor sportmanship.

I thought you always like MC?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:08 pm

it about how marketable a person is. When TW was no.1, every touranment, the video will be on him. When he not no.1, every touranment, the video still on him. Think maybe because they just want the moment when he make something spectacular. Just like Seve.B.

But look at the rest of the no.1s..... minimal airtime and they will have almost nothing to say about the person's game.

I just have to blame the media for all of this. Sorry Mloy but I dun see a need to change the way he have to react infront of the video, that is just TW. If i were ever be on TV playing golf, and when i hit a bad shot... I won't throw my club but there will be alot of "beep" sound. Throwing the club is an art leh.... Ask MC, he will tell you more about it. Smile (His moto:If i can't play golf like him, maybe i can throw the club like him)


PS: Sorry Arch Nemesis, but i miss playing golf with you. Smile
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:13 pm

zhenxua wrote:
mloy wrote:
I find him to be too temperamental on the course. He throws his clubs whenever he is upset with his bad shots ... that to me is a show of poor sportmanship.

I thought you always like MC?

MC let go clubs lah. Its different. Beer lol!

To be fair the last time I played with him he was cool and I enjoyed our round of golf.

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:18 pm

I have mixed feelings about him throwing his clubs, yes he should keep his temper in check, be more aware of his behaviour, but the reason for doing that should not be because he is on TV, that would be hypocritic. The reason I feel he should keep his temperament in check is because this is a Gentleman's Game, and such behavior is unbecoming, just like how integrity is highly value in this game and any cheating is severely dealt with.


On a lighter note, throwing club is indeed an art, look at what Henrik Stenson did...injured himself because he has not master the art of throwing club.



Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:20 pm

duffader wrote:
it about how marketable a person is. When TW was no.1, every touranment, the video will be on him. When he not no.1, every touranment, the video still on him. Think maybe because they just want the moment when he make something spectacular. Just like Seve.B.

But look at the rest of the no.1s..... minimal airtime and they will have almost nothing to say about the person's game.

I just have to blame the media for all of this. Sorry Mloy but I dun see a need to change the way he have to react infront of the video, that is just TW. If i were ever be on TV playing golf, and when i hit a bad shot... I won't throw my club but there will be alot of "beep" sound. Throwing the club is an art leh.... Ask MC, he will tell you more about it. Smile (His moto:If i can't play golf like him, maybe i can throw the club like him)


PS: Sorry Arch Nemesis, but i miss playing golf with you. Smile

I am not saying that he should change. You are right, that is TW character but I just don't like club throwing, trust me I know, and its very ugly and it makes me feel uncomfortable that's all but but I can live with the "beep" sound because I do quite a fair bit of the beep beep. LOL!!!!

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:24 pm

If I can afford and if my clubs are all sponsored by NIKE, I will also throw lor.

FREE MAH. not mine. Spoil, just take another new one lah.

The old broken one still can sell online to a fan and make some money just by signing my name on the shaft.

Sure i will throw if I am Tiger woods. Heck, I'd even take off my underwear and throw and earn more female fans (and some male ones too)
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:25 pm

If I can afford and if my clubs are all sponsored by NIKE, I will also throw lor.

FREE MAH. not mine. Spoil, just take another new one lah.

The old broken one still can sell online to a fan and make some money just by signing my name on the shaft.

Sure i will throw if I am Tiger woods. Heck, I'd even take off my underwear and throw and earn more female fans (and some male ones too)
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:27 pm

mloy wrote:
zhenxua wrote:
mloy wrote:
I find him to be too temperamental on the course. He throws his clubs whenever he is upset with his bad shots ... that to me is a show of poor sportmanship.

I thought you always like MC?

MC let go clubs lah. Its different. Beer lol!

To be fair the last time I played with him he was cool and I enjoyed our round of golf.

Printed Circuit Board, MC... double standard!!!! Now i know you throw to try to injure me... Hmph......

Come leh.. Round 3..... when when???
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:47 pm

shorthitter wrote:
You stated that Steve in the real world, would have been fired because he dropped Tigers 9 iron in that water.... did you ever see the video? Tiger threw the club while Steve was cleaning another club, he juggled and dropped it..... it was funny actually and Tiger laughed, but of course he needed the club so it was serious. If your boss threw a laptop at you while you were not ready and you dropped it, grounds for dismissal?

SH... Did you see the video?? Tiger didn't throw the club at Steve. Steve dropped it on his own while he was cleaning the club. He slipped.

I'm not sure why you're raising this as a point - perhaps you're frustrated but really, I would appreciate you checking the video in advance. But then again, I have too much respect for you to take it personally Smile

And, yes, if my boss threw a laptop at me and I dropped it, I would be dismissed... but only if my job was to carry around laptops all of which are critical for my boss' success.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
ultraman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 251
Join date : 2009-07-04
Location : central

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:14 pm

shorthitter wrote:


but still on this forum... that is my point, and my sadness I guess, and guys I can understand to a certain extent that you are not encouraged here in Singapore to express your angst or opinion, but outside you are!


Oh really? Think you really know us? affraid
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:21 pm

mloy wrote:
duffader wrote:
it about how marketable a person is. When TW was no.1, every touranment, the video will be on him. When he not no.1, every touranment, the video still on him. Think maybe because they just want the moment when he make something spectacular. Just like Seve.B.

But look at the rest of the no.1s..... minimal airtime and they will have almost nothing to say about the person's game.

I just have to blame the media for all of this. Sorry Mloy but I dun see a need to change the way he have to react infront of the video, that is just TW. If i were ever be on TV playing golf, and when i hit a bad shot... I won't throw my club but there will be alot of "beep" sound. Throwing the club is an art leh.... Ask MC, he will tell you more about it. Smile (His moto:If i can't play golf like him, maybe i can throw the club like him)


PS: Sorry Arch Nemesis, but i miss playing golf with you. Smile

I am not saying that he should change. You are right, that is TW character but I just don't like club throwing, trust me I know, and its very ugly and it makes me feel uncomfortable that's all but but I can live with the "beep" sound because I do quite a fair bit of the beep beep. LOL!!!!

Thank goodness you are not on TV.

Else it will be beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.

ROFL ROFL ROFL
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:06 pm

hmm. tiger par, boggey, and double boggey.. somehow it sooth my pain when I also double 3 putted and score a double boggey.. Very Happy we are all all human yaay.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!   Today at 2:48 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Tiger's 2 under after 3 holes!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Guess who won the Tiger Cup Golf Challenge???
» Review: Tiger Shark Putter Grips
» Food for Thought - What's stopping you from being a Tiger Woods
» Target Line or Tiger Line
» Tiger Woods' Latest Swing

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Tour Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.