Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:45 am

duffader wrote:
freedrop wrote:
duffader wrote:
That is the ugly part of singaporeans.....

Ugly part of patriotic NS boys, or ugly part of absolute power?

Haha.... true that is he is former PAP, but he has done great contributions to the country. He will also help in the external relationships in future.

But seriously, for those that think that singapore is no good in certain areas, please try to go to other countries, and just go do a comparison, the more you see around the other parts of the world, the more you will appreciate how Singapore is....

Wow, after training in India for a few weeks, the Ïnk Water"become more powderful...
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:46 am

duffader wrote:
freedrop wrote:
duffader wrote:

Haha.... true that is he is former PAP, but he has done great contributions to the country. He will also help in the external relationships in future.

But seriously, for those that think that singapore is no good in certain areas, please try to go to other countries, and just go do a comparison, the more you see around the other parts of the world, the more you will appreciate how Singapore is....

No one will challenge PAP's contributions to Singapore's nation building, or at least the phenomenal economic achievement, and the peaceful/orderly society.

The whole point is : that does not justify cronyism, abuse of privilege (TT's son in NS in this case), and the run-away ministerial compensations.

It's like a father saying : I work very very hard to bring back the bread, give my family all the luxury they want, so I have the right to rape my own daughters.

Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:19 pm

I am just glad there is an election.....coz this comes with a public holiday....

and with public holidaay, it gives me a remote chance to go MBGC to waste some bad shots
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:29 pm

I wonder - given that the President is not supposed to have any political power, why do we care who gets elected? If anything, we should elect someone who is good looking, speaks well and gives a great impression of Singapore since he's the face of the nation.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:31 pm

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
I wonder - given that the President is not supposed to have any political power, why do we care who gets elected? If anything, we should elect someone who is good looking, speaks well and gives a great impression of Singapore since he's the face of the nation.

if someone is going to pay the elected ..SGD3M....guess it warrants some sort of pseudo interest .....I think

but hor...according to what I read, the Press-See-Then....actually is like the consience...so yes, looks is going to be key
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:18 pm

Technospaz wrote:

Wise man speaketh wise words. Thumbs up to you TS. Out of the 4, only TT is best suited for the job. He knows how to handle dignitaries from other countries, don't need the extra pay from being a President, being an ex President of OCBC speaks volume as regards to personal wealth. The rest it seems to me like got personal vendetta or riding on the back of current wave of just opposing anything that has relationship to PAP hopefully can land a highly paid job. To me TT has the sincerity and capability to do a decent job and represent Singapore in front of other dignitaries of the world. So now all knows who I am voting for .... cheers

titu

Last edited by Tituman on Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:31 pm

freedrop wrote:
duffader wrote:
freedrop wrote:
duffader wrote:

No one will challenge PAP's contributions to Singapore's nation building, or at least the phenomenal economic achievement, and the peaceful/orderly society.

The whole point is : that does not justify cronyism, abuse of privilege (TT's son in NS in this case), and the run-away ministerial compensations.

It's like a father saying : I work very very hard to bring back the bread, give my family all the luxury they want, so I have the right to rape my own daughters.

For you info.... there are alot of white horses out there. So things like this sure will happen.

And your last sentence is totally invalid here.

Maybe out of jealousy or Envy will a person feel that he/she is treated differently. Just have to be contented with what you have and stop comparing, then maybe that way, you will be a happier person.

I got one golf kaki, while i am sweating my ass out to get Chengai wood for my balcony, he has tons and tons of it. He even offered brother price to me, but i need to buy a ton.... so how??? I du lan him and break the friendship??? I learn to be contented and I am glad that I am still able to play golf while some others out there having to work from day to night just to put a meal on the table.

Be contented is the way to better living.....
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Bro Duffy, Can I name you as my idol ? ye lai ye you mo shui and enlightened...are you residing in some temples in India ?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:54 pm

4dtoto wrote:
Bro Duffy, Can I name you as my idol ? ye lai ye you mo shui and enlightened...are you residing in some temples in India ?

I saw the light after watching the movie Ghandi...... Very nice story. I remember very clearly "if you want to understand their livings, you got to live like them." Smile

But its really very cham here in india lah. Along the road, you can easily see the from "poverty to Medium class". THats why i say, some people only like to compare with the rich while they are not comparing themselves with the poor. So in other words... Jealousy!!!

KP HDB expensive, then buy cheaper HDB. KP HDB rule stringent cannot buy brand new flat because they buy it before liao... why... because they want to make more money out of the recent flat they sold........

If everybody buys a house purely for living and never have a thought of selling, i think till today, HDB will still be cheap... so we only have ourselves to blame.
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:57 pm

duffader wrote:
freedrop wrote:
duffader wrote:
freedrop wrote:
duffader wrote:

For you info.... there are alot of white horses out there. So things like this sure will happen.

Maybe out of jealousy or Envy will a person feel that he/she is treated differently. Just have to be contented with what you have and stop comparing, then maybe that way, you will be a happier person.

I got one golf kaki, while i am sweating my ass out to get Chengai wood for my balcony, he has tons and tons of it. He even offered brother price to me, but i need to buy a ton.... so how??? I du lan him and break the friendship??? I learn to be contented and I am glad that I am still able to play golf while some others out there having to work from day to night just to put a meal on the table.

bro i didnt know u angry at me ley.... No
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Politics aside....

I agreed with you. We must be satisfy with our currnet situation but seek to increase our knowledge and being....Comparison will only make one more frustrated and it is never ending.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:59 pm

Hello Kian, example lah...aiyah !
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:00 pm

i very sentitive one
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:01 pm

kian wrote:
duffader wrote:
freedrop wrote:
duffader wrote:
freedrop wrote:
duffader wrote:

Ku Ku Bird lah, why you go admit you are the ASK??? hahahahha..... like that you also fall into the trap. I was just taking an example. Smile Not angry with you lah... I will show you the love this sunday, ok???
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:03 pm

All of us will also show you our love this Sunday..........

Your wallet......hehehehe
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:04 pm

4dtoto wrote:
All of us will also show you our love this Sunday..........

Your wallet......hehehehe

Sure... but can we sign contract that we play level all the way till end of year irregardless of the outcome on sunday???
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:06 pm

I am ok with that...make me more motivated to improve myself
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:08 pm

4dtoto wrote:
I am ok with that...make me more motivated to improve myself

Steady!!!! I like that....

Kian... u too???
Back to top Go down
drawbias
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:22 pm

duffader wrote:
kian wrote:
duffader wrote:
freedrop wrote:
duffader wrote:
freedrop wrote:
duffader wrote:

Ku Ku Bird lah, why you go admit you are the ASK??? hahahahha..... like that you also fall into the trap. I was just taking an example. Smile Not angry with you lah... I will show you the love this sunday, ok???

Duffy, you should convert your balcony into a sauna room ma ...... then probably use up to 1 Ton of dont know what wood ........ then the ASK's sensitivity will drop ... What a Face

u coming back this fri?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:34 pm

Hahahhaa... will be back tomorrow night....

BTW... you and me also sign contract???
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:26 pm

Tituman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

Wise man speaketh wise words. Thumbs up to you TS. Out of the 4, only TT is best suited for the job. He knows how to handle dignitaries from other countries, don't need the extra pay from being a President, being an ex President of OCBC speaks volume as regards to personal wealth. The rest it seems to me like got personal vendetta or riding on the back of current wave of just opposing anything that has relationship to PAP hopefully can land a highly paid job. To me TT has the sincerity and capability to do a decent job and represent Singapore in front of other dignitaries of the world. So now all knows who I am voting for .... cheers

titu

Actually, bro, I was hoping you'd say that I'd be a good fit Razz

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
dodo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:24 pm

No power why pay $4m?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Tituman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

titu

Actually, bro, I was hoping you'd say that I'd be a good fit Razz

Cheers Jump Cheers Jump Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
gomjgo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:25 pm

Tituman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:

titu

I thought TKL & TJS both promised to donate bulk of the $4 Million President's salary to charity if elected? Being a President of a commercial bank is different in prestige as compared to being a elected President of a nation.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:30 pm

duffader wrote:
Hahahhaa... will be back tomorrow night....

BTW... you and me also sign contract???

can i sign contract with all u guys too.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day   Today at 12:36 am

Back to top Go down

Mr Tony Tan gets booed on Nomination Day
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next