Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

An Unforgettable miss....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:38 pm

Birdman wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:
er... you going to give me free putting lesson?

More like, how many strokes you are giving us ah? ROFL

Last Thursday play low 80s still want strokes from Corn?

First putt all beside hole even if didn't fall into the cup, you're qualified to give Corn free putting lesson... then ask for strokes. ROFL

eh bird, what makes you think he missed the cup? he just don't want to trash us jialat jialat.. ROFL
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:40 pm

mizzy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:

First putt all beside hole even if didn't fall into the cup, you're qualified to give Corn free putting lesson... then ask for strokes. ROFL

eh bird, what makes you think he missed the cup? he just don't want to trash us jialat jialat.. ROFL

adjusting HCP>.. flower
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:44 pm

mizzy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:

So while you were the crouching white tiger that day, Blee was the hidden dragon la. ROFL
Back to top Go down
Schulo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:45 pm

Very standard situation (not the drive of course...).
Just go to your "happy place" and imagine that this is just a gimme for fun!
No pressure means no miss in my opinion.

For example: Put for birdie 1 meter from the flag....
Miss the put, ball ends up 1 meter at the side of the flag! You walk over and you immediately make the second putt, while it was actually a similar ball, but now there is no pressure!

Not 2 worry, next time you have an eagle chance (don't worry they will come again!!!), you will make it because if your first miss. No worries mate, getting the chance of an eagle is already great!
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:46 pm

bian1980 wrote:
Birdman wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Mloy was on fire, especially on the 2nd 9 where after 8 holes, she was 4 over (for the 2nd 9).
affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid affraid

ts and me couldn't sit well for the weekend.... backside tear!!

Don't forget to to seek treatment also for all the bruises from her pinching and slapping. flower
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:54 pm

CoRN wrote:

i really couldn't sleep at night thinking how did i miss that putt... until now... it's still in my head. i think this will be in my head permanently now...

Bro, never mind, got one chance, sure got another chance again. Sadly, for mere mortals like the rest of us, we won't ever smell two on for a chance of eagle. You are blessed with a monster drive.

In any case, keep it in your head and call on the incident for positive reinforcement the next time you face another chance like that.

Remember how you used to prepare for a shot when you played billiards? Use that same routine. You never think about missing when you are lining up to pot the shot right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:02 pm

Lee36328 wrote:
Corn,

I feel for you man.

"I felt my heart rate increase."

When that happens, back off, take a few deep slow breath, and restart your pre-putt routine.

I recently came to realize the value of the humble putting mat.

I put it in the living room, with the putter next to it.

Anytime I walk past the living room, I reach for the putter and practice.

With this recent dramatic experience, I am sure you will sink all your 3-footer eagle putts from now on if you allow your body to treat it as just another 3-footer.

I actually have a putting mat and my putter there and i practice everyday. Ever since i have the putting mat, my putting improved a lot and i sink almost every 3 footer. This is also the reason why i'm so sad that i didn't put the 2 footer in.... sigh...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:03 pm

Birdman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:

So while you were the crouching white tiger that day, Blee was the hidden dragon la. ROFL

I am still laughing thinking of that hole where you were about to putt and our shining buddha did his act.... ROFL

Btw, thanks to you, I am now in the bruised ball club hor... Twisted Evil ROFL
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:03 pm

pushslice wrote:
see, see? 2nd best driver in GR, pound for pound. If you all see Corn in person, you will agree with me. He isnt tall like Alvin or ZX.

and corn, was that with the old swing or the new swing?

happy to know my old TM burner with graman limey still kicks ass Very Happy Forget about 910 man..

it's the new swing bro. it's the brand new swing... hahah...

i'm not going to change driver now.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:04 pm

CoRN wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Corn,

I feel for you man.

When that happens, back off, take a few deep slow breath, and restart your pre-putt routine.

With this recent dramatic experience, I am sure you will sink all your 3-footer eagle putts from now on if you allow your body to treat it as just another 3-footer.

I actually have a putting mat and my putter there and i practice everyday. Ever since i have the putting mat, my putting improved a lot and i sink almost every 3 footer. This is also the reason why i'm so sad that i didn't put the 2 footer in.... sigh...

Corn, I have a way to help you with the 3ft - 5ft putt. Ask Vinny... I am waiting to collect the tuition fee from him... ROFL
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:05 pm

Birdman wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:

wahlau blee... beh kian siau ler...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

CoRN wrote:
pushslice wrote:
see, see? 2nd best driver in GR, pound for pound. If you all see Corn in person, you will agree with me. He isnt tall like Alvin or ZX.

happy to know my old TM burner with graman limey still kicks ass Very Happy Forget about 910 man..

Corn, see the new driver that the DUDE is using? think you should try it... lol!
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:
Lee36328 wrote:
Corn,

I feel for you man.

Corn, I have a way to help you with the 3ft - 5ft putt. Ask Vinny... I am waiting to collect the tuition fee from him... ROFL

the MASTER is here... On Green
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

Birdman wrote:
CoRN wrote:

i really couldn't sleep at night thinking how did i miss that putt... until now... it's still in my head. i think this will be in my head permanently now...

Bro, never mind, got one chance, sure got another chance again. Sadly, for mere mortals like the rest of us, we won't ever smell two on for a chance of eagle. You are blessed with a monster drive.

In any case, keep it in your head and call on the incident for positive reinforcement the next time you face another chance like that.

Remember how you used to prepare for a shot when you played billiards? Use that same routine. You never think about missing when you are lining up to pot the shot right? Very Happy

How true... i have never thought that way before. thanks for the advise!!
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:07 pm

blee2007 wrote:
Birdman wrote:
mizzy wrote:
Birdman wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:

I am still laughing thinking of that hole where you were about to putt and our shining buddha did his act.... ROFL

Btw, thanks to you, I am now in the bruised ball club hor... Twisted Evil ROFL

Brother Blee,

Care to enlighten who the shinning buddha is or what's with the shinning buddha?
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:08 pm

blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Corn, see the new driver that the DUDE is using? think you should try it... lol!

Don't come poison me lah... but for the price i paid for this driver, i think so far no driver can match it ler...
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:09 pm

CoRN wrote:
Birdman wrote:
CoRN wrote:

A hint : - remember how he reads his putt lines. He was doing it on a downslope when Birdie was about to putt.. White Flag
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:10 pm

CoRN wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Don't come poison me lah... but for the price i paid for this driver, i think so far no driver can match it ler...

Talk to Bian then... he changes driver regularly one... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

hahaha vinny, it's not you

and if it's not you, who else could be but...? Razz

hint: this person has a Mandarin moustache. You know Mandarin is Iron Man's enemy
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

golf_snowman wrote:
wow !!!

that's a 289m drive !!!!....well done bro.....

Thanks bro... it only happens when the stars are aligned to the moon and all the other planets...
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:11 pm

CoRN wrote:
pushslice wrote:

new swing ah? wah so fast its working for you already..
Blee, better don't teach your Crane Style Putt kungfu to Corn or he will be invincible liao!! ROFL
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:12 pm

CoRN wrote:
Birdman wrote:
CoRN wrote:

Brother Corn,

You're going down the journey to the "MFA" as our Brother Mizzy......

Its good to review your mistakes / shortfall but its dangerous to seek perfection or loose sleep over. Its not that the putt cost you a title or a couple of "Gs", thus no need beating yourself over it.

Just remember ~ those who fight & run away, live to fight another day......

Superman
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:12 pm

blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:
pushslice wrote:

HELOOO blee, the guy just drove the green twice liao. Pls dont ruin a good combo already. Greed isnt good Laughing
Back to top Go down
CoRN
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:14 pm

pushslice wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:
blee2007 wrote:
CoRN wrote:
pushslice wrote:

HELOOO blee, the guy just drove the green twice liao. Pls dont ruin a good combo already. Greed isnt good Laughing

I wanted to try his driver that day... but something just told me not to... haha...
Back to top Go down
mizzy
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:14 pm

Vinny wrote:
CoRN wrote:
Birdman wrote:
CoRN wrote:

Brother Corn,

You're going down the journey to the "MFA" as our Brother Mizzy......

Its good to review your mistakes / shortfall but its dangerous to seek perfection or loose sleep over. Its not that the putt cost you a title or a couple of "Gs", thus no need beating yourself over it.

Just remember ~ those who fight & run away, live to fight another day......

Superman

basket Vin, i could use the company..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Unforgettable miss....   Today at 3:55 pm

Back to top Go down

An Unforgettable miss....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next