Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
toto
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-01-04
Age : 45
Location : Sembawang

PostSubject: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:01 pm

I will be spending weekend in HK next week, planning to go for a game or 2. I have 2 kaki whom will be there too, so planning for shenzhen trip. Any recommendation ? what is the normal rates for a weekend game ?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:14 pm

mission hills definitely. try to find a agent, difficult to find slots, i find. about 1500 rmb, depending on weekday . more for weekend.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 698
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 44
Location : PRC most of the time.....

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:42 pm

why not play zhuhai's lakewood golf club? having a promotion now till end September and it is only a 70 minutes ferry away from Hong Kong.... JMHO.... Cool
Back to top Go down
bugaboo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 91
Join date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Thu Sep 08, 2011 4:49 pm

Hi there,

mission hills is good.

i picked up this price list last year

https://picasaweb.google.com/bugabooinc/GolfShenzhenNamecards#5499553580449348530

you can use as a reference.

i've played at CITIC changping also. its cheaper and also quite nice course. was very well maintained.

feng huang shan was really tough to play. alot of hills, and cross valley to land on fairway.

hope this helps



toto wrote:
I will be spending weekend in HK next week, planning to go for a game or 2. I have 2 kaki whom will be there too, so planning for shenzhen trip. Any recommendation ? what is the normal rates for a weekend game ?

Back to top Go down
mojojojo
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 367
Join date : 2009-10-12
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:44 pm

You have to try Jiu long San golf course. 2 of the holes was nominated top holes in China.
Back to top Go down
joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 84
Join date : 2009-08-31
Location : Bunker

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:40 pm

weekend games in SZ/DG usually around rmb 1k, those with club transport provided include Yinli and Pheonix Hill. You can check golf007 for courses review and prices.

Back to top Go down
toto
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-01-04
Age : 45
Location : Sembawang

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:45 pm

Thank you all. I managed to book mission hill for Saturday and jiu long San for Sunday. Here I come. What a Face
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Sat Sep 10, 2011 9:04 am

dont forget the FR please. I'm going up on the early Octobert for mission and Jiu long san as well.. )
Back to top Go down
mojojojo
Honorary Landscaper
Honorary Landscaper


Posts : 367
Join date : 2009-10-12
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Sat Sep 10, 2011 10:21 am

Happy golfing toto.
Back to top Go down
BruiseLee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 107
Join date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Fri Sep 16, 2011 12:06 am

bugaboo wrote:
Hi there,

mission hills is good.

i picked up this price list last year

https://picasaweb.google.com/bugabooinc/GolfShenzhenNamecards#5499553580449348530

you can use as a reference.

i've played at CITIC changping also. its cheaper and also quite nice course. was very well maintained.

feng huang shan was really tough to play. alot of hills, and cross valley to land on fairway.

hope this helps



toto wrote:
I will be spending weekend in HK next week, planning to go for a game or 2. I have 2 kaki whom will be there too, so planning for shenzhen trip. Any recommendation ? what is the normal rates for a weekend game ?


Dear Bugaboo,

Can re-post the pricelist again?

Thanks.

BR,
BruiseLee
Back to top Go down
bugaboo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 91
Join date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:12 am

BruiseLee wrote:
bugaboo wrote:
Hi there,

mission hills is good.

i picked up this price list last year

https://picasaweb.google.com/bugabooinc/GolfShenzhenNamecards#5499553580449348530

you can use as a reference.

i've played at CITIC changping also. its cheaper and also quite nice course. was very well maintained.

feng huang shan was really tough to play. alot of hills, and cross valley to land on fairway.

hope this helps



toto wrote:
I will be spending weekend in HK next week, planning to go for a game or 2. I have 2 kaki whom will be there too, so planning for shenzhen trip. Any recommendation ? what is the normal rates for a weekend game ?


Dear Bugaboo,

Can re-post the pricelist again?

Thanks.

BR,
BruiseLee

BR,
the link is in the quote or in my post right? I don;t have an updated price list. but you could probrably email them (golf89@163.com) and as for the latest price list.

-boo
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:16 am

bogeyman72 wrote:
why not play zhuhai's lakewood golf club? having a promotion now till end September and it is only a 70 minutes ferry away from Hong Kong.... JMHO.... Cool

The caddie there have some standard like your avatar?
Back to top Go down
bugaboo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 91
Join date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:15 pm

emailed them, and this is what i got back.

uploaded to scribd


2011 prices - shenzhen

Back to top Go down
BruiseLee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 107
Join date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:21 pm

bugaboo wrote:


BR,
the link is in the quote or in my post right? I don;t have an updated price list. but you could probrably email them (golf89@163.com) and as for the latest price list.

-boo

Dear Boo,

Sorry, my bad.

Am in China now and somehow the pricelist is not displayed correctly.

Thanks again for the updated pricelist.

BR,
BruiseLee
Back to top Go down
bugaboo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 91
Join date : 2010-01-22

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:25 pm

Br no worries glad to share.
oh yah. 2010 link is hosted on picasa google. so possibly not showing up well in china.

have a good time there.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:33 pm

any recent field report on jiu long san. going up there on 3rd oct. bounce
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 992
Join date : 2009-11-21
Age : 36
Location : North, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:18 am

dmateo wrote:
any recent field report on jiu long san. going up there on 3rd oct. bounce


played before once in 2010.

very hilly course.

narrow fairways also.

basically in china, you are playing mostly moutain courses. tee box high up and fairways are 4-5 storeys down below.

do check with the caddies on the distance to the fairways and best not to chong drivers if it is too dangerous.

i lost 10 plus balls on that day because of drivers cause the distance is shorter than it looks.

it is a great place to golf because china have too many courses and seldom you will find a flight behind you and chasing. slow and relax game to enjoy golf.

if you are going on 3rd oct, try to get some thicker clothese cause i just came back from mission hill and feng huang san, temp can be around 20plus degree. cool but if windy can be cold. first time i play golf and sweat less. lol!
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:27 am

wah..thanks bro for the Field report. My driver is like a snake never know wher e the ball might end up, taking in your advice I will stick with 3i and 4w unless magic came to light and driver work wonder, but very unlikely given current state of level.. Smile

20 plus degree not too bad I think. My worst exprience in Kun Ming Spring City is 4 degree during tee off last March Smile First time golfing with 5 layer of clothing..... Very Happy

Anyway, thanks again.
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 992
Join date : 2009-11-21
Age : 36
Location : North, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:04 pm

dmateo wrote:
wah..thanks bro for the Field report. My driver is like a snake never know wher e the ball might end up, taking in your advice I will stick with 3i and 4w unless magic came to light and driver work wonder, but very unlikely given current state of level.. Smile

20 plus degree not too bad I think. My worst exprience in Kun Ming Spring City is 4 degree during tee off last March Smile First time golfing with 5 layer of clothing..... Very Happy

Anyway, thanks again.

3i or 4i should be ok but sometime the hole is too tempting not to use driver haha. but of course it all about fun at the course. luck plays a part also.

my first game at mission hills sucks big time, just got down from plane and kenna a bad caddy, everything also don't know, played 110 plus. spoilt my day.

second day slighty better, caddy is good. advise me to use my hybrid when i wanted to use my driver as i thought that is good to use my driver.

she remember my iron distance and advise me to use 1 club higher or lower. i enjoy so much more on my second round playing 94. good reading on the green also. even joke with me to practice my putting when we cross over to the second 9 and there is a long Q.

try to see if you can book a golden caddy or get one with yellow vest, i hope is the same practise for most of the courses cause my first day caddy is with a yellow vest and i realised that those with yellow vest are more exprience.

my friend played once in Jan in china and is only 0-4 degree also. he say teeing off is a torture and 5 pieces of clothes is also not enough to keep warm.

i am going back again end oct for 2 more rounds of golf. think need to bring more clothes. lol!
Back to top Go down
BruiseLee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 107
Join date : 2010-05-09

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Tue Sep 27, 2011 5:54 pm

Dear dmateo,

I just played Jiulong Hills with my friends last Friday.

I felt that the condition of the fairways and putting greens are just average. I believe the fairways and putting greens at NSRCC Changi are much better. But in terms of the level of difficulty, Jiulong Hills is very challenging for average golfers.

The caddies the four of us got are all chirpy and diligent. I had fun joking and teasing them. The four of them are very experienced in reading the breaks of the putting greens too. Managed to hole some long putts with their help.

Weather-wise, it is still relatively warm in Shenzhen. I think no windbreaker nor long sleeve tees needed.

Last but not least, contrary to what bian1980 says, Jiulong Hills is surprisingly packed last Friday. There are a lot of single and double golfers' flights. The four of us let almost five single or double golfers' flights overtake us that day.

Really hope you will enjoy your game on Oct 3.

Thanks.

BR,
BruiseLee
Back to top Go down
toto
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 33
Join date : 2010-01-04
Age : 45
Location : Sembawang

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Thu Sep 29, 2011 7:55 pm

Thank you all. we use the agent from bugaboo- mission hill on Saturday- rmb 1800. Jiulong Shan on Sunday and paid rmb 980. Mission hill is huge- we were booked on Norman course and found it challenging- ball went to rough can be consider gone. We were running low of balls after nine. The course was so fully booked- we spent more than half time waiting. Eventually, we were transferEd to leadbetter course for next nine- that was an easier course with wider fairway and less conjested. Overall, we enjoyed the game- it is mission hill afterall. Jiulong hill was fantastic and definitely recommended for all. This is a hilly course with good view and we feel really relax.
Back to top Go down
bian1980
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 992
Join date : 2009-11-21
Age : 36
Location : North, Singapore

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:00 pm

wah.. 1800 rmb? that is 300 plus for 1 ball?

if it is then it is too expensive.

i rather play feng huang san, jiu long san and wind valley.

mission hill too expensive liao.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks for the field Report Bruise Lee, really appreciate it.
I will try to take as many picture as possible and post in the forum for all to view so you guys have an idea of what it's like. My plan is to play 4 course in 4 days in the order of mission hills - Nick Faldo, Jiu Long Shan, hill view and something with phoenix bla bla.. Smile

stay tune.. 5AM depart on Monday, and I'm really pumped bounce
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept   Today at 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down
 
shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» shenzhen/HK golf games weekend 17th-18th sept
» Golf Games with Transportation
» How much per game at Mission Hills Shenzhen weekday?
» What is your Average monthly Expenses on Golf games ?
» Any Golf this weekend 6/7 Feb?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Overseas Games-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.