Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Oil can finish

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Oil can finish   Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:33 am

anyone here knows how long before the oil can finish such as on the vokeys start to rust?

And, is there any way to delay the onset of the rusting, such as using a club head cover?

Am concerned, cuz if it starts to rust, the rust may affect the other clubs in the bag?

or am i just being paranoid?
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Oil can finish   Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:39 am

I think it depends on how many rounds you play with it cos with each brush, each sand strike, the elements just wear it down and eventually, it will all rust all the same. I don't think a club head cover will help though.

Back to top Go down
TourSwing
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Oil can finish   Fri Sep 09, 2011 1:48 am

I have very limited knowledge on the subject, but I did google it a few weeks back!

mox wrote:
anyone here knows how long before the oil can finish such as on the vokeys start to rust?
Use it on the course a few times, and leave it dirty ... you'll see results fairly fast ... there are numerous ways to accelerate the process ... a few ppl recommended leaving the club head in a swimming pool overnight!!!

mox wrote:

And, is there any way to delay the onset of the rusting, such as using a club head cover?
Keep the club clean and dry! Do not place the headcover on immediately after use ... allow the club to dry off first ... conditions here are extremely humid and you dont want the moisture to be trapped inside the cover!

mox wrote:

Am concerned, cuz if it starts to rust, the rust may affect the other clubs in the bag?
Difficult to explain in words .. but rust doesnt cause rust in the first place, but it does severely accelerate the process! Make sense?
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Oil can finish   Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:15 am

mox wrote:

oil can finish need more attention to look after, but you need to know that eventually it will rust..only a matter of time...

just to delay the rust, after every round of game, you need to wash it clean, dry it and apply oil to the club head. Do not use head cover to cover club head, just leave it there for the whole game....after game maintenance is important.

like most of the golfers, after sometime, i just give up and just let it rust..until a point of time, just change the wedge....keke
Back to top Go down
efoong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Oil can finish   Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:12 pm

oh...i tot oil can finish is buy purposely to let it rust...haha maybe i get the wrong idea d...
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Oil can finish   Fri Sep 09, 2011 12:50 pm

efoong wrote:
oh...i tot oil can finish is buy purposely to let it rust...haha maybe i get the wrong idea d...

Exactly. They will rust.

Actually, rust can be seen as a sign of a good wedge, and by extension, suggests good wedge player who's paid his dues in chipping greens and practice bunkers. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oil can finish   Today at 3:51 am

Back to top Go down

Oil can finish
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1