Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in
Share | 

golf shoes mandatory?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:41 pm

dorisha wrote:
Come on I was joking too. I got a pair of Adidas at golf direct for $49. I still can't bring myself to get the pair of footjoy though it does look much nicer...

Not funny! Think of a better topic to chalk up number of posts, please. No Sleep Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
dorisha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:35 pm

JGoh wrote:
dorisha wrote:
Come on I was joking too. I got a pair of Adidas at golf direct for $49. I still can't bring myself to get the pair of footjoy though it does look much nicer...

Not funny! Think of a better topic to chalk up number of posts, please. No Sleep Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil

hmm... I wonder if there should be a reason for me to chalk up number of post? Would be good if you can enlighten since I am new to this forum.

I thought this is a good place to learn and ask. If it bothers you so much, i shall stop posting to this topic. Thanks to all the nice ppl responded with advises i'd manage to get info on stuff a new learner to golf like me needs to start in a pretty short time.

Cheers!
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Mon Sep 12, 2011 9:48 pm

dorisha,

I don't think you were chalking up posts for any reason whatsoever. To a beginner, buying golf shoes can be a monumental task. Although I've never veered from Adidas shoes, I must say Ecco and Footjoy (only the more premium models) give a good bang for buck..

Don't pay any attention to JGoh and his holier-than-thou attitude.. I think i speak for many around here when i say that you can learn plenty from other nicer people around ... Please feel free to ask around on whatever baffles you about the game... I'm sure you will soon learn the ropes from the more gracious people around here (which incidentally, is everyone else other than Mr.-i've-got-a-carrot-up-my-ass over here..)

Apart from JGoh, the rest of us were all beginners once, so all we're here to do is to help one another maintain sanity through this journey...

Enjoy your stay here..
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Mon Sep 12, 2011 10:04 pm

Dorisha,
My apologies, i take back my post...
Didnt mean to be poky..
I thought everyone was extra nice to answer and advise, and then you said you were "joking coz you actually already bought a pair of shoes"

Enjoy your stay here... You will find lots of info, and feel free to ask..

Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Chalking post is me!!! ME!!! ha ha ha... Razz
Back to top Go down
JGoh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:40 pm

itek,
Thanks for being kind.. Very Happy Beer
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 am

dorisha wrote:
Adidas should be quite good but I haven't tried it since I got my FootJoys at a single go. Don't want to spend money on 1 pair only to spend money again on a 2nd pair later.

Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:12 am

I like the adidas tour 360 shoes but cuz I have broad feet,footjoy has the extra-wide models that suit me better.
Somehow I also find FJ shoes to last longer but I have frends that say the other way round.
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:37 am

How about Cricket Shoes for Golf ? SpikeLess.

Back to top Go down
dorisha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:04 am

JGoh wrote:
Dorisha,
My apologies, i take back my post...
Didnt mean to be poky..
I thought everyone was extra nice to answer and advise, and then you said you were "joking coz you actually already bought a pair of shoes"

Enjoy your stay here... You will find lots of info, and feel free to ask..

my apologies too, guess it is a matter of taking words out if context. The joke was on wearing a pair of ns issued new balance shoes so that I 'd play on nsrcc without the need to get a pair of golf shoes. Razz

And thanks for all the kind posts here. I should be alright till I get my PC at the end of my beginner lessons. Armed with a pair of footjoy gloves, a demo ping 7 iron, a pair of $49 Adidas shoes, and lots of tigerbalm, i am motivated to get my swing consistent, before I start drooling at the shiny clubs and pretty shoes again.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:59 am

good for you...once you start practicing on the course you will have to pitch or chip or get the ball out of bunker and to putt the ball into the hole.

as such, a (second hand) putter and a sand wedge will be needed soon. Each can be had for $50 or less. Buy these before any other clubs or new apparel.

check out GR's second chance project thread by bro Nrafee for the great value finds.

a demo PING 7 iron is your best investment so far Laughing Ping Golf I HIT IT

Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:54 pm

Haha. Jgoh. You are such an arse. I will be the first and most direct. I think you are a horrible person and I honestly hope that you will find some other forum to sneak ard cos I know I speak for a few more polite ppl here that your attitude and words are neither welcomed nor well liked.

Btw, this is the polite version. Join me for lunch and I will express myself much better.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:16 pm

pushslice wrote:
good for you...once you start practicing on the course you will have to pitch or chip or get the ball out of bunker and to putt the ball into the hole.

as such, a (second hand) putter and a sand wedge will be needed soon. Each can be had for $50 or less. Buy these before any other clubs or new apparel.

check out GR's second chance project thread by bro Nrafee for the great value finds.

a demo PING 7 iron is your best investment so far Laughing Ping Golf I HIT IT

Agreed !!! Ping Ping Ping...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:20 pm

dorisha wrote:
JGoh wrote:
dorisha wrote:

hmm... I wonder if there should be a reason for me to chalk up number of post? Would be good if you can enlighten since I am new to this forum.

I thought this is a good place to learn and ask. If it bothers you so much, i shall stop posting to this topic. Thanks to all the nice ppl responded with advises i'd manage to get info on stuff a new learner to golf like me needs to start in a pretty short time.

Cheers!

Welcome and stay in here..some may sound nasty and some may sound rude..but usually it is words taken out of text.. but if you meet the real person, all are actually very nice pple..

Also when you can play well , you can learn Vegas and Bacarrat from Kian...hahahahaha
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: golf shoes mandatory?   Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:25 pm

Thumbs up to Shamusan for not sugar coating the true sentiments around here..
you rock, dude.
Back to top Go down

golf shoes mandatory?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next