Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Inconsiderate Range Users

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:51 pm

Need to rant a bit, I happen to be a once-a-week range user, and based on my 20+ years of golfing, I very seldom come across loud and crass users at the range, more so if its a private golf club driving range.

Well this evening happened to be the episode that "broke the camel's back". In all my golfing time, I have not witnessed a louder and more inconsiderate range user than the person I witnessed at the club range. He was shouting to his friends a good distance away without regard for other users, and he was also "running his own commentary" after every shot made.

I can be tolerant but hey, you need to exercise some consideration too for other range users, especially by not shouting to your friends some distance away.

In fact, I do not even think that he is a member of golf club! To make matters worse, his friends, who happen to man the pro shop also did not seem to think that such lout-ish behaviour warranted some friendly words to their friend to tone down.

Young men -- rest assured that I have my eye on your guys.... always remember that you are in a private club, be that working at the pro shop in a private club, so behave as such, and not like you own the place.

If anyone wants to know who they are, pls let me know, I am all for naming and shaming such people.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:59 pm

Private club not acceptable

Public club still can tolerate

Which club ah?
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:01 pm

edited

Last edited by InTheHole! on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:06 pm

How about playing some music?

This piece of music will help you drive 300 yards with your driver and demolish all the self-appreciating folks at the range:

Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:29 pm

I'm curious as to whether u did say something to the offenders at the range or not. Sometimes all it takes is someone to say something and the person can be embarrass and remember not to behave as such in future.

Once I was at the range upstairs and there were people smoking and a fellow ranger politely tell them that smoking is not allowed and smoking area downstairs.

I applaud him for saying something because sometimes as a member we may feel its out duty to help keep the place in check when no one else can be bothered.

Btw I'm also a Keppel member and take lessons there.
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 9:34 pm

edited

Last edited by InTheHole! on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:07 pm

Lets leave the names alone..
Back to top Go down
guy013
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:10 pm

I understand what u mean but maybe it would have been better To say something so they may not have misinterpreted your actions/ hand signals?

Anyway the few times I've been there for lessons it seems there's a lot of kids there and sometimes the mindset is different. They may not know they are making a nuisance or causing disturbance. I'm just assuming Here and giving benefit of doubt. For eg when a big group of diners in a restaurant talking at the same time may not know the whole restaurant isn't interested in their conversation.

Hope that this was a one off and if they read this thread perhaps they will be more mindful I'm future. Just afraid that they do not read this and still oblivious to now
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:14 pm

[quote="guy013"
Anyway the few times I've been there for lessons it seems there's a lot of kids there and sometimes the mindset is different. They may not know they are making a nuisance or causing disturbance. [/quote]

edited

Last edited by InTheHole! on Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:23 pm

I think its common when the range is open to public..... no choice, when we cannot afford clubs like TMCC, SICC or Sentosa. The club cannot depend on the club members to sustain the cost of running the range. So such things are bound to happen. Its also the timing you choose to go to the range. When i need to work on something, i will go to the range early in the morning or late in the night when the range is more empty. But if we choose peak hours, things like this are bound to happen. Like in warren, when the students or children are really making a nuisance, i will go straight to the pro who is taking charge or the range operator to raise my concerns.

InTheHole, i guess it might be a one of case, but i think if the same thing happen again, best to talk to the guys straight, if you know who operates the proshop, you should also know who is more approachable. Ranting behind the computer sometimes does not help. Maybe you should raise your concern to the club and ask them to make sure that the people that uses the bays on the ground floor are the members of the club.
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:42 pm

OT... Duffy... Which one are you in warren.. I will open my eyes wider for the cobra bag... Dont think that many in there...
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:48 pm

When i am there.. i am always close to the center, where the pros practise, cos the mat softer there. Smile
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:54 pm

you guys might wish to try Sembawang CC. Its open to public.. but its not so crowded and not noisy Smile
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 10:56 pm

InTheHole! wrote:
Its at keppel club.... want to have some names?

It will be good so if those guys are here we can then have both sides of the story.

Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:29 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
you guys might wish to try Sembawang CC. Its open to public.. but its not so crowded and not noisy Smile
Oh, there's a driving range at Sembawang CC? I didn't know that!

Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:32 pm

wah lao..its there for ages liao.. if u go before 1400hrs, 1 Credit ($2) is 100balls. Buy 2 credits hit until arms and hands soft
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:34 pm

which one more annoying, ppl shouting or a bomber absolutely killing a Sumo 5900 for 150 balls in a row....

Sometimes when the range is a bit quiet, ppl tend to play around. At MBGC the same....when crowded, all is civilized, when a bit quiet, loud conversations on the phone, lots of loud socializing instead of actual golf.

Its normal cause these days golf is a more casual, fun game, higher percentage of casual players vs hardcore players (that explains why long drive is king)
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:45 am

to Mr Chris Lim aka inthehole,

i'm the chap that was very noisy at the range just now and i'd like to offer you my apologies. i'm a little hard of hearing in one ear and i tend to speak a little louder due to my slight disability, and i'm truly sorry for that.

i'd like to offer you my apologies in person should you be generous enough to accept. Please let me know when you'll be next at keppel range and i will meet you there to offer my apologies in person.

once again, i'm sorry for bothering you while you are practicing.
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:55 am

Well, here we have a true gentleman ! Readily admitting to his unintentional behavior ... Kudos to you shamusan ! Lets Hope inthehole have a bigger heart than you to let this incident pass and move on .
Back to top Go down
chubs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:35 am

Firstly what can the pro shop boy do? Tell the guy to keep quiet or shut up? What makes you think that they are friends? He could have just been a client who wanted to try some things out and if you were really unhappy about it you could have called for a security and not whine like a little girl on a forum. The guy mending the proshop was employed to run the proshop and not to look after anybodys behavior on the range. If you were so upset, go up to the person and speak to him politely. Don't act like a woman. Any mature human being would have apologized and watch how they behave after that. Secondly if your so called private club was really a private club den don't let visitors in. The only reason why a club allow visitors is because your so called private club can't sustain with members like you. That is why they need visitors to spend money there. and instead of showing great hospitality you are acting like a complete bitch. And if your so called "private club" is so great get your guys to stop serving outsiders or visitors. Just put a sign saying Keppel club is a private club for members and their guest only. Please sign your guest in before proceeding! But if u don't realize the whole club whether is it the range the course or the f&b outlets allows all the visitors in. So before you start barking like a mad dog go reflect on your own "PRIVATE CLUB"
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:59 am

chubs wrote:
Firstly what can the pro shop boy do? Tell the guy to keep quiet or shut up? What makes you think that they are friends? He could have just been a client who wanted to try some things out and if you were really unhappy about it you could have called for a security and not whine like a little girl on a forum. The guy mending the proshop was employed to run the proshop and not to look after anybodys behavior on the range. If you were so upset, go up to the person and speak to him politely. Don't act like a woman. Any mature human being would have apologized and watch how they behave after that. Secondly if your so called private club was really a private club den don't let visitors in. The only reason why a club allow visitors is because your so called private club can't sustain with members like you. That is why they need visitors to spend money there. and instead of showing great hospitality you are acting like a complete bitch. And if your so called "private club" is so great get your guys to stop serving outsiders or visitors. Just put a sign saying Keppel club is a private club for members and their guest only. Please sign your guest in before proceeding! But if u don't realize the whole club whether is it the range the course or the f&b outlets allows all the visitors in. So before you start barking like a mad dog go reflect on your own "PRIVATE CLUB"

Dear Sir,

1. Yes, it is confirmed they are friends - that's a fact. R you calling me a liar in the open forums? Lest I remind you of the defamation laws in Singapore.

2. Whining / crying - at least this posting had the desired effect of raising awareness of what range behaviour should be, and also showing EVERYONE what a gentleman Sham is in openly apologising.

3. If you think I act like a women, I would very much like for you come by to me directly and let me know of that directly.

4. Hospitality is always extended to - but such hospitality can at times turn when the circumstances change, for example a guest in your house turns drunk and starts shouting and behaving like a real nuisance, would you still extend the same level of hospitality?

To me, you are just a troll spamming the forums - and very likely to be someone with a very large chip on your shoulder. Who knows, you may have some very serious deficiencies in your life, but whatever, in my book, you are none the better for your totally non-constructive posting.

Have a great life ahead..... hope you meet more "girls" and "bitches"
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:03 am

shamusan wrote:
to Mr Chris Lim aka inthehole,

i'm the chap that was very noisy at the range just now and i'd like to offer you my apologies. i'm a little hard of hearing in one ear and i tend to speak a little louder due to my slight disability, and i'm truly sorry for that.

i'd like to offer you my apologies in person should you be generous enough to accept. Please let me know when you'll be next at keppel range and i will meet you there to offer my apologies in person.

once again, i'm sorry for bothering you while you are practicing.

Sham, apologies accepted. Pls allow me to state that my emotions may have gotten the better of me last night when posting. YOU are a man of character for stepping up, and for that, I take my hats off to you.

I would also like to thank the operator of the proshop for the text last night.

All's well that ends well -- end of story. No more bashing.........
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:07 am

mengteck71 wrote:

Aiyah, Secret training ground exposed !

If you see someone hitting balls after 10 pm, likely is me...hehehehe
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:42 am

I had a very bad range experience recently too....this a55hole next to me started off hitting towering iron shots, just beautiful shots arcing towards the 150m post with is 8 iron, time after time....he then proceeded to slam his driver hitting the back of the fence, well past 200m......and then to top it off, he started hitting shots to the 50m mark with backspin with range balls!!!!......what a prick!!!!

And if that wasn't enough, he wasn't loud about it and was just walking around like it was normal....i decided to give him a chance, and decided to strike up a conversation with him, and asked him how he got to be so good..and instead of saying he was born with it and it was all natural talent or that he had great equipment and instead of giving me a quick fix, he gave me some long story about how he was fortunate enough to come from a family of golfers and that he started young with professional training...and he practices twice a week...that's when i really started to hate this f**ker....

i was so disgusted by his behaviour, i stormed off and moved to a bay further away....i was going to complain to the pro shop but decided to be the bigger man...

I hope i never see his face again!!!!!

Btw sham...big man (both literally and figuratively speaking) for owning up....you deaf bastard!!!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:52 am

IntheHole and Sham, good that all ends well..

Let's move on...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Today at 8:23 am

Back to top Go down

Inconsiderate Range Users
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next