Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Inconsiderate Range Users

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
simon1982
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:04 am

thumbs up for the gentlemen behaviour! Very Happy
It takes lots of courage to own up and to apologise.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:06 am

@ Bro GF...you freaking funny !!!!

but ...I do admit that at times, I do fall into this category of incosiderate range-ers...coz I believe that the 'topping' of the ball result in lounder sound than hitting sweet spot...and I am the former.

anyways, yes I do get abit excited and raise my voice decibel higher when talking to frens...but thanks for the reminder .... so if there is anybody who gets irritated with me ... I am sorry...

and if you get irritated becos of the topping sound...too bad...live with it...coz its hard habit to break

OK...lets move on.
Back to top Go down
chubs
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:13 am

Firstly do you know both of them on a personal note? I doubt you do. So don't judge from what you see or what you hear. Oh when did I say u lied? I was just asking you to get your facts right! Just because chris visits the shop 7 days a week and he happen to know all the staffs but does it mean they are all friends! Secondly If you were really so upset you would have gone straight up to him and just told him to lower his volume yet you had to go through others who has nothing to do with it to inform him. Like I said he was employed to run the pro shop and not the behavior of anyone on the range. Thirdly there isn't a sign board out there saying range users got to speak softly. I can easily pull a few KEPPEL CLUB members who goes to anywhere in the club and start talking loudly. Whether is it at the 19 hole the range or the golf course. Deal with your own members first before others.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:16 am

InTheHole! wrote:
shamusan wrote:
to Mr Chris Lim aka inthehole,

i'm the chap that was very noisy at the range just now and i'd like to offer you my apologies. i'm a little hard of hearing in one ear and i tend to speak a little louder due to my slight disability, and i'm truly sorry for that.

i'd like to offer you my apologies in person should you be generous enough to accept. Please let me know when you'll be next at keppel range and i will meet you there to offer my apologies in person.

once again, i'm sorry for bothering you while you are practicing.

Sham, apologies accepted. Pls allow me to state that my emotions may have gotten the better of me last night when posting. YOU are a man of character for stepping up, and for that, I take my hats off to you.

I would also like to thank the operator of the proshop for the text last night.

All's well that ends well -- end of story. No more bashing.........

thank you for your generousity. once again, i'd like to offer my apologies in person so please do let me know when you are next at the range and i will make my way there to apologize face to face.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:19 am

Hi Chubs,

Since the main issue (if there was even one) has been amicably resolved between all the gentlemen in question, could I kindly suggest that if you have further disagreements with IntheHole, please take it offline or use the PM function.

Thank you.

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:29 am

well, i do admit my mistake and i have apologized for it already... but on a side note, from an objective standpoint, i do have to also acknowledge that chubbs does have a valid point as well...

for example, you would not see a deaf arsehole such as myself at the SICC range due to the fact that it is not open to the public...

so i think that keppel is not a completely private club, please correct me if i am wrong?
Back to top Go down
InTheHole!
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:33 am

chubs wrote:
Firstly do you know both of them on a personal note? I doubt you do. So don't judge from what you see or what you hear. Oh when did I say u lied? I was just asking you to get your facts right! Just because chris visits the shop 7 days a week and he happen to know all the staffs but does it mean they are all friends! Secondly If you were really so upset you would have gone straight up to him and just told him to lower his volume yet you had to go through others who has nothing to do with it to inform him. Like I said he was employed to run the pro shop and not the behavior of anyone on the range. Thirdly there isn't a sign board out there saying range users got to speak softly. I can easily pull a few KEPPEL CLUB members who goes to anywhere in the club and start talking loudly. Whether is it at the 19 hole the range or the golf course. Deal with your own members first before others.

My young friend, if you are indeed all of 24 years old, learn to exercise some "restraint" in your postings. I have no issue, nor will I take up any more bandwidth addressing your postings / comments after this one, with your contentions set out in your post above.

What I did take offense to is your use of certain words in your 2am posting. Uncalled for remarks such as "bitching" "girl" etc have no place in an educated society like ours. Whether you were drunk, or suffering from insomnia, I really do not care. Bottom line is this, if you intend to talk to someone, even in the forums, like that, be prepared to be treated like a small child --- which your mentality reflects.

We both come from vastly different walks of life, and so I really do not think that your attitude will have any adverse impact on me or my life, so take this posting as a "kiss off" to you and your attitude - take it somewhere else.

If you have an issue with me personally, why dont you come up to me and say so..............

Sham, again, your online apologies are more than sufficient.

Matter closed.... move on folks.
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:39 am

one last thing,

should i happen to be loud / noisy, please tell me directly next time and i'm sure we could have resolved this then and there bro inthehole...

sorry once again...
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:23 am

guys, lets move on and enjoy golf.. Smile
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:27 am

It's easy for you...you weren't there....but if that a-hole continues to insist hitting such beautiful shots next to me.....i shall be holding on to my grudge like that fat biatch, jennifer hudson, was trying to hold on to eddie murphy in dreamgirls.........
Back to top Go down
kumbriya
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:45 am

InTheHole! wrote:
shamusan wrote:
to Mr Chris Lim aka inthehole,

i'm the chap that was very noisy at the range just now and i'd like to offer you my apologies. i'm a little hard of hearing in one ear and i tend to speak a little louder due to my slight disability, and i'm truly sorry for that.

i'd like to offer you my apologies in person should you be generous enough to accept. Please let me know when you'll be next at keppel range and i will meet you there to offer my apologies in person.

once again, i'm sorry for bothering you while you are practicing.

Sham, apologies accepted. Pls allow me to state that my emotions may have gotten the better of me last night when posting. YOU are a man of character for stepping up, and for that, I take my hats off to you.

I would also like to thank the operator of the proshop for the text last night.

All's well that ends well -- end of story. No more bashing.........

Nice!! Both big men, both not deaf I say (as words did not fall on deaf ears). Golf is indeed a gentlemen's game, extending even to the range and in cyberspace. This story, feels like getting an Birdie after driving into OB.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:21 am

golfool2009 wrote:
It's easy for you...you weren't there....but if that a-hole continues to insist hitting such beautiful shots next to me.....i shall be holding on to my grudge like that fat biatch, jennifer hudson, was trying to hold on to eddie murphy in dreamgirls.........

bro ... u are f**king hilarious ... if only your talent for humour extended to driving the golf ball

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:23 am

since the issue has been settled liao...maybe mod can lock the thread?
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:25 am

kian wrote:
since the issue has been settled liao...maybe mod can lock the thread?

Finally... cheers cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inconsiderate Range Users   Today at 6:34 pm

Back to top Go down

Inconsiderate Range Users
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2