Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Will be heading over the sea for a game (golf lah... what else?).

ALONE.

Am I mad or what? Rolling Eyes

I am like sooooooo newbie you know? Laughing

What should I look out for?
Must I study the course beforehand (wah?? exagerrating horrr??)
Or the dear caddy will advise me huh?

Really sotong ... paiseh!!! Embarassed

Hmmm ... maybe I should just go and enjoy the scenery, the breeze and the massage!!! What a Face
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:40 pm

that depends on where you are going.

I for one would just do a warm up before the game. Hit 20-30 ball accross all the clubs. Relax and then enjoy it. Take your time and take it easy. If course if empty then you can play 2nd ball from same lie AFTER analyzing the first result (if it's not good).

Caddy will give pointer on where to aim at what distance. Also ask Caddy on red stake, water, canal, bunker etc, the usual stuff. On the green lie, speed, slope will be told by Caddy.

Just chill, relax and enjoy it !! what fun in golf if you don't get to enjoy it.. Smile
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Tue Sep 27, 2011 10:47 pm

Or, you can concentrate on the caddy and forget your bad shots....
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:08 pm

dmateo wrote:
that depends on where you are going.

I for one would just do a warm up before the game. Hit 20-30 ball accross all the clubs. Relax and then enjoy it. Take your time and take it easy. If course if empty then you can play 2nd ball from same lie AFTER analyzing the first result (if it's not good).

Caddy will give pointer on where to aim at what distance. Also ask Caddy on red stake, water, canal, bunker etc, the usual stuff. On the green lie, speed, slope will be told by Caddy.

Just chill, relax and enjoy it !! what fun in golf if you don't get to enjoy it.. Smile

drivernoid? kekeke... looks like u have the same problem as me? Laughing

This will be my 2nd time on a 18-hole course leh... SEE? Verly newbie right?

Hopefully caddy is patient with me lorrr pig

Yah .... must enjoy!!! Swing
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:09 pm

DimWit Kid wrote:
Or, you can concentrate on the caddy and forget your bad shots....

Errrr.... only IF the caddy is as chio as the bunker babes at GolfPunk event? Cool
Back to top Go down
hardrock
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:23 pm

just remember! you are going there to enjoy your game!
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:52 pm

if theres anything to look out for, its the prettier caddies. LOL.

Other than that, just have fun!
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:26 am

dun use up all ur energy on the 1st day hor...remember u still got 2nd day to cheong !!....

play alone is the best time to learn from caddy...most of them can play and some can play well, but give them a bit more tips...that is their living

just keep a lookout, if there is no golfers behind you, you can practise with more than 1 ball...but if there are someone behind you...then just move on, dun spend too much time trying.

last but not least...must go enjoy the scene, the sea, the sun, the grass, the sand and of course the massage......enjoy !!!
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:27 am

Dun forget to tip the caddy
Back to top Go down
Newtogolf
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:37 am

golfjoy wrote:
Will be heading over the sea for a game (golf lah... what else?).

ALONE.

Am I mad or what? Rolling Eyes

I am like sooooooo newbie you know? Laughing

What should I look out for?
Must I study the course beforehand (wah?? exagerrating horrr??)
Or the dear caddy will advise me huh?

Really sotong ... paiseh!!! Embarassed

Hmmm ... maybe I should just go and enjoy the scenery, the breeze and the massage!!! What a Face
Physical Warm up! Then reach the course early and head to the driving range for 80 or 100 balls first.

I guess these are the 2 things that I consistently fail to do because my mates don't warm up.

The dear caddy can advise you on the yardage but important thing is to know yourself. If you know you can hit the driver off the fairway without using a 3W and you have 200 yards left to the pin on a monster Par 5, why not?

Don't forget to tip the caddy!
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:46 am

Hi GJ, I guess your elbow problem already resolved? Hope so. I am becoming a newbie like you soon as I have not been playing for more than 2 months now. As for my chronic elbow problem, it somewhat felt better. I am not taking any more pain killer and I sort of don't feel the pain at all for everyday life. But when I strained it through doing some heavy work, I can feel it later on. MY not playing is not because of my elbow but because of some unresolved personal issue but in a way it is helping with the recovery. Thank goodness something good came out of this sacrifice. I hope you have the Band-It elbow guard. If yes, wear it when you are playing. It will help you to reduce your injury. Have a good game. Cheers. cheers

titu
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:05 am

go Girl !!!!!

just have a good time

by the way, your avatar is looking more and more chio
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:06 am

hardrock wrote:
just remember! you are going there to enjoy your game!

OKIE .. I'll TRYYYY to enjoy k sunny
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:11 am

methanolic wrote:
if theres anything to look out for, its the prettier caddies. LOL.

Other than that, just have fun!

keke .... I appreciate beautiful objects when I see them...

but then again, any HANDSOME caddy around???? Suspect
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:23 am

golf_snowman wrote:
dun use up all ur energy on the 1st day hor...remember u still got 2nd day to cheong !!....

play alone is the best time to learn from caddy...most of them can play and some can play well, but give them a bit more tips...that is their living

just keep a lookout, if there is no golfers behind you, you can practise with more than 1 ball...but if there are someone behind you...then just move on, dun spend too much time trying.

last but not least...must go enjoy the scene, the sea, the sun, the grass, the sand and of course the massage......enjoy !!!

Yah, pray I have the entire awesome (heard it is really nice!?) course to my own!! muahahaha Twisted Evil

ok ok I'm asking for too much Laughing

You seen me play .... will I survive? Callaway
(Not asking Wilkang this question, he will ask me to quit! kekeke)
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:32 am

pocketace wrote:
Dun forget to tip the caddy

Won't!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:33 am

Hi golfjoy, looks like your elbows are better or totally healed for you to chiong 18 holes. Anyway, like the others mentioned just enjoy your game. But one thing I must say....to go alone and play....RESPECT cos I won't be able to do that.

Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:40 am

golfjoy wrote:
golf_snowman wrote:

Yah, pray I have the entire awesome (heard it is really nice!?) course to my own!! muahahaha Twisted Evil

ok ok I'm asking for too much Laughing

You seen me play .... will I survive? Callaway
(Not asking Wilkang this question, he will ask me to quit! kekeke)

given that the course is so popular...i doubt you can have the whole course....

You will survive lah but maybe with lots of injuries...

1st day, time yourself..maybe not more than 4.5 hr since u are playing single ball, reason is u still have the 2nd day to go, so dun drain urself too much on the 1st day. If the caddy for the 1st day is good, ask for her name and tell her you will come back next day and see if she willing to caddy for you again. If she is not good, then 2nd day use another caddy....but regardless what, since u are single ball, better to tips her a bit more.

Weather is not so good recently, be prepared for it...that course could be very wet and windy

last but not least, always keep a mindset to go there and enjoy, not suffer....so no need to push urself too hard...sometime can even skip some holes if u are too tired.

enjoy !!
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:41 am

Aiya, snowy, go there and guide her lor... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:47 am

blee2007 wrote:
Aiya, snowy, go there and guide her lor... Very Happy

cannot lah...crash with Oakley golf day...

anyway..i have confident she will survive lah, only a matter of how badly....haha !!!
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:13 am

Newtogolf wrote:

Physical Warm up! Then reach the course early and head to the driving range for 80 or 100 balls first.

I guess these are the 2 things that I consistently fail to do because my mates don't warm up.

The dear caddy can advise you on the yardage but important thing is to know yourself. If you know you can hit the driver off the fairway without using a 3W and you have 200 yards left to the pin on a monster Par 5, why not?

Don't forget to tip the caddy!

Yup yup .... WARM up is very important!!!
I'll begin by making a few smalltalks with the caddy just to break the ice.
Maybe pass her some lollipops or something... then....

kekeke .... Laughing
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:19 am

Tituman wrote:
Hi GJ, I guess your elbow problem already resolved? Hope so. I am becoming a newbie like you soon as I have not been playing for more than 2 months now. As for my chronic elbow problem, it somewhat felt better. I am not taking any more pain killer and I sort of don't feel the pain at all for everyday life. But when I strained it through doing some heavy work, I can feel it later on. MY not playing is not because of my elbow but because of some unresolved personal issue but in a way it is helping with the recovery. Thank goodness something good came out of this sacrifice. I hope you have the Band-It elbow guard. If yes, wear it when you are playing. It will help you to reduce your injury. Have a good game. Cheers. cheers

titu

Not 100% but doc gave the greenlight. Just hafta watch it abit (which I will!!)

Try not to use that elbow. Use the other one. I know it's hard, but try.

I'm using an elbow guard when I play. Seems to help. Smile

Thank you sooooo much ... you get well soon too!! Face Hug
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:23 pm

why you wan to go alone? never jio ppl to go with you?

here so many buayas, will hv ppl wan to go de... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:19 pm

Hmmm.....bravado, golfjoy!
But pls take care.

@yuki, welcome back!!!
Back to top Go down
yuki
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Wed Sep 28, 2011 3:45 pm

thanks for the welcome back.. i'm always here, but never post only Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE   Today at 4:29 am

Back to top Go down

A newbie going to the battlefield ALONE
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next