Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Nike Owners

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:05 pm



finally here.
Back to top Go down
mitatr
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 256
Join date : 2009-12-03

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:36 am

enwee wrote:
kenkong79 wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:
ken,

very sweee... hope my NIKE Convert driver can arrive soon..

U ordered??? Shocked (damn, am late. thought only get it during summer Razz )
My friend ordered, not sure will he get it on the 8th.

Hi bro enwee, can ask how much your friend pay in total for the driver? Where he order ah? I'm interested to get the wood too. Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:19 am

The GOlf Warehouse tgw.com is taking orders and will ship on 8th Feb. it is USD100 difference for the 460cc and 430cc
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:00 pm

mitatr wrote:
enwee wrote:
kenkong79 wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:
ken,

very sweee... hope my NIKE Convert driver can arrive soon..

U ordered??? Shocked (damn, am late. thought only get it during summer Razz )
My friend ordered, not sure will he get it on the 8th.

Hi bro enwee, can ask how much your friend pay in total for the driver? Where he order ah? I'm interested to get the wood too. Thanks in advance.
He order from the clementi fitter malek I think. But IMHO, never try never buy especially Nike.
Back to top Go down
jimmchew
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 87
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:52 pm

anyone using the nike machspeed black driver?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:51 pm

jimmchew wrote:
anyone using the nike machspeed black driver?

Thats an old model which has oredi been phased out ...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:54 pm

The former #1 and Open Champion, David Duval has re-signed Nike Golf ... Using Nike Covert driver, VRII PRO blades, VR PRO Wedges, VR PRO ltd edition FW, Method putter ...

http://www.leaderboardgolf.co.uk/golf-news/david-duval-re-signs-with-nike-golf.html
Back to top Go down
jimmchew
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 87
Join date : 2009-12-11
Age : 21

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:40 pm

Turbo wrote:
jimmchew wrote:
anyone using the nike machspeed black driver?

Thats an old model which has oredi been phased out ...

i know.. im just asking bro
Back to top Go down
slep3er
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 110
Join date : 2012-05-24
Age : 31
Location : Somewhere near the Greens~

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Hi Guys, Just to check if anyone knows where i can get a spare nike VRS str8 fit adaptor in Singapore? Been trying to find high and low but can't seem to find anything.

Am thinking of getting the spare to fit in to another for easy changing of shaft. Any kind souls cna help?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:32 pm

slep3er wrote:
Hi Guys, Just to check if anyone knows where i can get a spare nike VRS str8 fit adaptor in Singapore? Been trying to find high and low but can't seem to find anything.

Am thinking of getting the spare to fit in to another for easy changing of shaft. Any kind souls cna help?
U tried vinc golf?
Back to top Go down
NikeN
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 568
Join date : 2010-12-02
Age : 37
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:38 pm

The fitting opp Vinc golf have it. i remember is quite ex, aro $50-80
Back to top Go down
slep3er
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 110
Join date : 2012-05-24
Age : 31
Location : Somewhere near the Greens~

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:24 pm

enwee wrote:
slep3er wrote:
Hi Guys, Just to check if anyone knows where i can get a spare nike VRS str8 fit adaptor in Singapore? Been trying to find high and low but can't seem to find anything.

Am thinking of getting the spare to fit in to another for easy changing of shaft. Any kind souls cna help?
U tried vinc golf?

Nope not yet.

NikeN wrote:
The fitting opp Vinc golf have it. i remember is quite ex, aro $50-80

Thanks Bro. Will drop by to check it out. Thanks a lot.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Fri May 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Any Nike slut or techie has tried the Nike VR Pro LTD driver with GD BB, Fubuki or Diamana White Board D+ shaft? What is your take on this driver with the above-mentioned shafts?


Last edited by Turbo on Fri May 03, 2013 2:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
krone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 56
Join date : 2013-03-25

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Fri May 03, 2013 2:16 pm

mitatr wrote:
enwee wrote:
kenkong79 wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:
ken,

very sweee... hope my NIKE Convert driver can arrive soon..

U ordered??? Shocked (damn, am late. thought only get it during summer Razz )
My friend ordered, not sure will he get it on the 8th.

Hi bro enwee, can ask how much your friend pay in total for the driver? Where he order ah? I'm interested to get the wood too. Thanks in advance.

hi bro,

are u still interested in getting the FW? i got a 3FW VRS Covert Tour version that im looking to sell.. Creative Golf selling the normal version at $300, im willing to let go of my Tour version at about this price as well but negotiable. Do drop me a pm if u are interested. I'll only be back in sg on the 12th tentatively but if u wan i can get my brother to pass it to u.. i've only used it once on the green for 1 shot and twice in the range.


Cheers
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Fri May 03, 2013 2:32 pm

A new 15-degree Nike VR_S Covert 3-wood is in Tiger Woods' bag this week @ Augusta National 2013. Nike Golf

By Jonathan Wall, PGATOUR.COM Equipment Insider

Tiger Woods rarely makes equipment changes, especially the week of a major championship. But when the world’s No. 1 golfer stepped on the first tee Thursday morning at the Masters, he did so with a new 15-degree Nike VR_S Covert 3-wood in the bag.

Woods worked with the club early in the week and felt so comfortable with it that he went away from his usual driver off the first tee and used the 3-wood to split the fairway.

Reports coming out of Augusta National on Wednesday suggested Woods was seriously considering putting the 3-wood in the bag, but it wasn't until Thursday morning on the driving range that the switch was confirmed. Woods finished off his practice session by hitting a few balls with the club before heading to the first tee.

Within minutes of Woods teeing off, Nike's Twitter account tweeted out a picture of Woods' VR_S Covert 3-wood, saying, “The high draw demands Covert. The 3-wood that joins @TigerWoods bag.”

The 15-degree VR_S Covert 3-wood Woods is playing this week is the non-Tour version — also known as the "Performance Model" — that doesn't feature an adjustable hosel, something Woods has never used. Woods put the same version in the bag when he switched out his Nike SasQuatch 2 5-wood for a VR_S Covert 5-wood at the WGC-Cadillac Championship.

It's unclear what shaft Woods has in the new club, but based on the photo from Nike, it appears he's still using the same Mitsubishi Diamana Blue Board 103X shaft he had in his Nike VR Pro Limited Edition 3-wood.
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Sun May 26, 2013 2:50 pm

Picked up a very rare and sexy set of clubs from the US recent.

The NIKE FORGED Blades.
Heard this is the original blades designed for TW from 2005-2008.

Any bros here used before?
I haven't had a chance to hit them, but here are some pictures.
Looks so sexy, really can't bare to game them. haha





difference between the current blades. (VRPRO on left, original on right)
Notice the smaller muscle back compared to the newer VRPRO. also the height of the VRPro seems to be shorter.


Top line (VRPro on right) Similar topline, but the newer blades have a busier face. Original blades non-conforming

Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1084
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Republic of Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Sun May 26, 2013 10:51 pm

Tiger witb



Werid expressions by the interviewer
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 472
Join date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Mon May 27, 2013 12:50 pm

Turbo wrote:
Any Nike slut or techie has tried the Nike VR Pro LTD driver with GD BB, Fubuki or Diamana White Board D+ shaft? What is your take on this driver with the above-mentioned shafts?

The way you put it, who dares to answer you? Wink

Anyway, I have the 3 wood with Tour AD BB and it was fantastic. Great feel and sound. Best of all, loooooong.

I had the chance to try out the VRS Driver with stock Fubuki shaft and VR Pro Ltd Edition with stock Diamana on a launch monitor. Feel wise, the VR Pro LE wins hands down. VRS felt hard. In terms of distance, the VRS was much further. Can't remember the spin and launch figures. My recommendation is to go for the VR Pro LE...there are reasons why almost all Nike athletes prefer VR Pro LE over VRS.

As for which shaft is better, it depends on your swing characteristics and the feel you want. For that, find a club fitter. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Mon May 27, 2013 1:17 pm

pug wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Any Nike slut or techie has tried the Nike VR Pro LTD driver with GD BB, Fubuki or Diamana White Board D+ shaft? What is your take on this driver with the above-mentioned shafts?

The way you put it, who dares to answer you? Wink

Anyway, I have the 3 wood with Tour AD BB and it was fantastic. Great feel and sound. Best of all, loooooong.

I had the chance to try out the VRS Driver with stock Fubuki shaft and VR Pro Ltd Edition with stock Diamana on a launch monitor. Feel wise, the VR Pro LE wins hands down. VRS felt hard. In terms of distance, the VRS was much further. Can't remember the spin and launch figures. My recommendation is to go for the VR Pro LE...there are reasons why almost all Nike athletes prefer VR Pro LE over VRS.

As for which shaft is better, it depends on your swing characteristics and the feel you want. For that, find a club fitter. Very Happy

Many thanks for the review, bro ... Cool
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 456
Join date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Mon May 27, 2013 2:38 pm

Turbo wrote:
pug wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Any Nike slut or techie has tried the Nike VR Pro LTD driver with GD BB, Fubuki or Diamana White Board D+ shaft? What is your take on this driver with the above-mentioned shafts?

The way you put it, who dares to answer you? Wink

Anyway, I have the 3 wood with Tour AD BB and it was fantastic. Great feel and sound. Best of all, loooooong.

I had the chance to try out the VRS Driver with stock Fubuki shaft and VR Pro Ltd Edition with stock Diamana on a launch monitor. Feel wise, the VR Pro LE wins hands down. VRS felt hard. In terms of distance, the VRS was much further. Can't remember the spin and launch figures. My recommendation is to go for the VR Pro LE...there are reasons why almost all Nike athletes prefer VR Pro LE over VRS.

As for which shaft is better, it depends on your swing characteristics and the feel you want. For that, find a club fitter. Very Happy

Many thanks for the review, bro ... Cool

I've a Nike VR Pro LTD driver 9.5Deg with GD BB 6S currently in the boot of my car.
Not too excited about the impact sound, but I can see the potential of the driver lowering my ball flight.
If you range at Marina one of these days, I can let you try Turbo.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Mon May 27, 2013 5:43 pm

kyleyann wrote:
Turbo wrote:
pug wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Any Nike slut or techie has tried the Nike VR Pro LTD driver with GD BB, Fubuki or Diamana White Board D+ shaft? What is your take on this driver with the above-mentioned shafts?

The way you put it, who dares to answer you? Wink

Anyway, I have the 3 wood with Tour AD BB and it was fantastic. Great feel and sound. Best of all, loooooong.

I had the chance to try out the VRS Driver with stock Fubuki shaft and VR Pro Ltd Edition with stock Diamana on a launch monitor. Feel wise, the VR Pro LE wins hands down. VRS felt hard. In terms of distance, the VRS was much further. Can't remember the spin and launch figures. My recommendation is to go for the VR Pro LE...there are reasons why almost all Nike athletes prefer VR Pro LE over VRS.

As for which shaft is better, it depends on your swing characteristics and the feel you want. For that, find a club fitter. Very Happy

Many thanks for the review, bro ... Cool

I've a Nike VR Pro LTD driver 9.5Deg with GD BB 6S currently in the boot of my car.
Not too excited about the impact sound, but I can see the potential of the driver lowering my ball flight.
If you range at Marina one of these days, I can let you try Turbo.

Thats very kind of you, bro ... I will let you know if I range at MB Golf. Thanks in advance! I seldom range at MB Golf as it is a distance from my place and moreover, it is always crowded over there ... One pro shop sales guy told me the GD BB on the Nike VR Pro LTD driver is an aftermarket shaft quality, is it true?
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 65
Join date : 2013-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:35 pm

Hi fellow nike owners,

Any folks using 2010 nike vr forged split cavity irons other than with ns pro950 shafts..?
For me rookie, seems the weight of the shaft overwhelmed the feel of the head...
Wanna seek a second opinion on the shaft...

Tks dudes....
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:15 pm

I believe it is the swing weight you are having problems with.
You can google to find out more. Basically means where the CG of the weight is, thus giving the "feel".

Go to a fitter to measure the swing weight.
Try different swing weights to see the difference.

I had 2 different shafts, both same weight but one measured at C9, so feels light. Another at D3, so in comparision, the weight feels more at the head.

Is there a problem with your shots and swing?
If not you may not like the weight at the head until you try.

Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 65
Join date : 2013-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:10 am

Hi DLWL, my shots & swing r pretty consistant when trying out my pal cobra s3 (heavier head) then back to the nike..
Still a newbie..
This set is hand-down frm my pal n been usin em since..

Aft readin abt swing weight as adviced, cleared some of my doubts...
Seems i gotta seek a fitter advices before messing up wif my equips..

Any particular fitter u comfortable wif to recom, pls?
Tks dude....
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 561
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : Somewhere overlooking MBGC...

PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:11 am

DG Man from BFG Golf is the forum favourite. He's in this forum as well.

There's also Ivan from Ivan Golf. Both are highly rated and respected fitters in this forum.

Of course there are others who are more than competent, but these 2 come to mind fairly quickly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Nike Owners   Today at 8:20 am

Back to top Go down
 
Nike Owners
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 20 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Nike Owners
» Exclusive 1st Look at the Nike METHOD M4 Putter Prototype.
» Help Needed - Looking for Piaggio X9 owners!!
» COMPETITIONS - 5 Nike Method Putters and Ria Bintan Green Fee Vouchers Giveaway!!
» Nike - 'The Oven' series of ads

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.