Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Playing in Singapore

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Playing in Singapore   Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:51 pm

Dear All,

I have sure these questions have been asked before but am just too lazy to search. Sorry White Flag

Question :

1) May I know if I wanted to play in Singapore. Which course is open to non member ?
2) Do I need a HCP to play in public course ?
3) It is truth that I need a 18 HCP before I can play from the blue tee in Singapore ?
4) Is it still cheaper to play during weekday compared to weekend, like most of the course I knew of ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:59 pm

Hi Bro,

Just trying to contribute of what I know so far.

1. OCC, Marina Bay GC and Jurong CC
2. No. you can use PC / Swing test if you don't have a valid handicap.
3. I believe that is the rule, but I depending on the course it might not be strictly enforced.
4. Yup much cheaper on weekday compared to weekend.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:20 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Dear All,

I have sure these questions have been asked before but am just too lazy to search. Sorry White Flag

Question :

1) May I know if I wanted to play in Singapore. Which course is open to non member ?
2) Do I need a HCP to play in public course ?
3) It is truth that I need a 18 HCP before I can play from the blue tee in Singapore ?
4) Is it still cheaper to play during weekday compared to weekend, like most of the course I knew of ?

Thanks

All mostly true, besides I don't think it's very fun to play off blue If your handicap is that high ?
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:00 pm

Bangla123 wrote:


All mostly true, besides I don't think it's very fun to play off blue If your handicap is that high ?

Bro, How do you know what my HCP ? lol!
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:38 pm

[quote="Bangla123"]
Slicer51 wrote:
Dear All,


3) It is truth that I need a 18 HCP before I can play from the blue tee in Singapore ?


I don't know your handicap, im just responding to your question cheers don't have to be so sensitive!
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:09 pm

dmateo wrote:
Hi Bro,

Just trying to contribute of what I know so far.

1. OCC, Marina Bay GC and Jurong CC
2. No. you can use PC / Swing test if you don't have a valid handicap.
3. I believe that is the rule, but I depending on the course it might not be strictly enforced.
4. Yup much cheaper on weekday compared to weekend.

Thanks for the information... Laughing
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 691
Join date : 2009-06-23
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:06 pm

Slicer51 wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:


All mostly true, besides I don't think it's very fun to play off blue If your handicap is that high ?

Bro, How do you know what my HCP ? lol!

If you were not a high handicapper, you would not have asked the question on 18-hdcp requirement to play blue tee. That's how people know your hdcp is probbaly higher than 18.
Back to top Go down
sandkie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 402
Join date : 2010-03-01
Age : 36
Location : Near Boon Lay MRT

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:15 pm

For certain course in singapore, I think all players in the flight must have hcp 18 or lower.
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:38 am

freedrop wrote:
Slicer51 wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:


All mostly true, besides I don't think it's very fun to play off blue If your handicap is that high ?

Bro, How do you know what my HCP ? lol!

If you were not a high handicapper, you would not have asked the question on 18-hdcp requirement to play blue tee. That's how people know your hdcp is probbaly higher than 18.

Yes, bro. you are correct. I am actually 28 HCP and still struggling how to swing but my questions was also due to some Indonesia friends that wanted to play in Singapore that asked me ( a Singaporean but do not know much about the country since not staying there for many years ) Smile
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:39 am

sandkie wrote:
For certain course in singapore, I think all players in the flight must have hcp 18 or lower.

I c .. Thanks sandkie
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 230
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sun Oct 16, 2011 12:43 am

Visitors can play at keppel and Sentosa.

Sentosa visitor (not guest) green fee is $450.
Back to top Go down
ttkm
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 169
Join date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:01 am

450 for a game at sentosa ? That is 25 dollars a hole. Assuming you play 100. Is 45 dollars a stroke. Wow. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
ttkm
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 169
Join date : 2011-06-05

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:03 am

Ops wrong ... Should be 4.50 a stroke. Damn the 450 a game just threw me off.
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:27 am

those are weekend rates I guess ?
anyway on weekend any of the top courses will be easily 300++.

Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:32 am

dmateo wrote:
those are weekend rates I guess ?
anyway on weekend any of the top courses will be easily 300++.


It does rather expensive to play in Singapore. I pay about less then sin$60 for weekday and less then sin$100 on weekend over here in Surabaya. Note to mention, the prices including golf cart and nice caddy ...

Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 230
Join date : 2011-08-19
Age : 35

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sun Oct 16, 2011 1:43 am

Yup weekend rate.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:19 am

Yeah, playing in malaysia is prob a better idea if you have to pay for green fees.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Playing in Singapore   Today at 7:59 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Playing in Singapore
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Go playing in Singapore
» Overseas Handicap
» The cost of playing 18 holes in Singapore
» Weekend Getaway close to Singapore
» cheapest golf course in singapore

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Courses and Ranges-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.