Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do you take off your cap after the game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:25 am

I see the pro doing that all the time.

I try to remember taking it off....
Back to top Go down
golfjoy
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:34 am

When I saw the topic title ... somehow ... I know .... it is started by none other than our beloved D_S I love you

OH to answer your question, sometimes, I don't even wear one. 'Cos I look UGLY in it!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:45 am

Yes, I take off my cap. Shake my flightmate's hands, make a snide joke about how I loss money to mloy again and then look forward to makan Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
freedrop
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:48 am

It is safer to wear one.....you never know what kind of virus you will be expopsed to. And remember don't use the same cap after each game.

During the Vietname Wars, the GI's used to R&R in Pattaya, and the instances of STD remained high even though the GIs were issued caps. They found out later that the GIs re-used the caps by turning them over - inside out.

Beg your pardon? Oh you're talking about different caps.

Last edited by freedrop on Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 9:49 am

yes...always took off my cap..it has become a habit ....keke
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:17 am

Why must take out cap after the game just to shake hand? I don't find it rude to shake hands with our caps on. I find this is one strange etiquette.
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:23 am

matter of personal preference I would feel.

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 10:26 am

Only the guys do it. Those LPGA gals never take off their tops (oops, I mean caps) when they hug and shake hands. Why huh???
Back to top Go down
bkll
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:25 am

This is old school ang mo etiquette that doesn't just apply to golf. If u watch old movies, "gentlemen" tip their hats or remove it when meeting another person. Golf is a old school sport, you dont see baseball players removing caps.

I take off my cap after my game, before I take a shower.
Back to top Go down
yanguei
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:35 am

I take off my cap and my sunglass. Partly out of politeness and partly I am going to throw them into the bag.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 11:44 am

I take off my cap, and usually I drop something...bcoz my hands would have a ball, my cap, a ball marker, and my putter plus wedges Laughing

can I ask a related question:

how do you keep the form of cap firm?

I bought a titleist cap and after some time (or after washing), it just wrinkled and dont stand up firm

Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:12 pm

bkll wrote:
This is old school ang mo etiquette that doesn't just apply to golf. If u watch old movies, "gentlemen" tip their hats or remove it when meeting another person. Golf is a old school sport, you dont see baseball players removing caps.

I take off my cap after my game, before I take a shower.

I think it's a sign of showing respect.

In ancient China, people sweep the sleeves of their robes when greeting the emperor, both as respect and to show there were no weapons hidden in the sleeves.

Maybe in the west, people used to hide guns in the hat?
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:14 pm

coe16arg wrote:
Only the guys do it. Those LPGA gals never take off their tops (oops, I mean caps) when they hug and shake hands. Why huh???

Because it took a long time to arrange the hair, the pony tail, the fringe, et al under the hat and still look good. Taking it off will undo all that in a sec.
Back to top Go down
Ismangil
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:19 pm

Yes! I did it all the time after completing the game as form of sportsmanship. cheers
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:20 pm

pushslice wrote:
I take off my cap, and usually I drop something...bcoz my hands would have a ball, my cap, a ball marker, and my putter plus wedges Laughing

I bought a titleist cap and after some time (or after washing), it just wrinkled and dont stand up firm

Some caps have a firmer fabric that maintains the structure even after washing. Some don't. I have learnt this lesson after many collapsing caps. Now I check what I buy.
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:16 pm

pushslice wrote:

Bro, get the Titleist Mesh Fitted caps... they hold their form forever! Smile Just don't dump it in the washing machine. I soak it in soap after 3-4 wears, then rinse and hang dry

Helps to eliminate this too...

Back to top Go down
entity
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:49 pm

Does not seem prevalent here and in the US but while in Europe everyone took their caps off after the round to shake hands.

Probably a carry-over from the genteel ages when you took off your cap and sunglasses to thank your playing partners and hop out of the driving wind into the clubhouse for a nice snifter of whiskey.

Duval_S wrote:
I see the pro doing that all the time.

I try to remember taking it off....
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:01 pm

botak wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Bro, get the Titleist Mesh Fitted caps... they hold their form forever! Smile Just don't dump it in the washing machine. I soak it in soap after 3-4 wears, then rinse and hang dry

Helps to eliminate this too...

thanks bro. (and to Lee as well)

Got myself the mesh fitted cap recently. Love it!
Back to top Go down
Dstruc
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:07 pm

After the game, my kaki usually take off his cap, over-turns it and walks to towards me...

pay up time!!!...
Back to top Go down
kian
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:12 pm

once CCC not onli took off his cap, he also took off his shorts....to claim his KLJ......
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:33 pm

All the time, it's a show of respect and appreciation to your flight mates
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you take off your cap after the game?   Today at 3:22 am

Back to top Go down

Do you take off your cap after the game?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1