Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 How far do you drive?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:20 am

longer on course. final distance depends on type of ball used. but a rule of thumb is generally 10% longer.

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nyisoe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 87
Join date : 2011-10-29
Age : 29

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:22 am

[quote="eiji"]longer on course. final distance depends on type of ball used. but a rule of thumb is generally 10% longer.[/quote]

Thank you Sir
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2154
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:23 am

my driver is 175m'

dun have 3 wood nor 5 wood.

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:38 am

nyisoe wrote:
If someone hits 200m at range with range ball, will he hit longer or same on the course? If longer, how much longer?

Sorry for the noob question, never been to course before. Thanks.

I assume you mean 200m carry, and not 200m roll.

I usually add 5-10% more on the course (assuming that everything is equal but the ball is not a range ball).

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Muimui
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 5
Join date : 2011-09-22

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:26 pm

Bad drive i'd say about 150 and good drive 200.

For motivational purposes, shouldn't there be more details though like height and weight?

I'm 174cm and weigh about 60kg.
Back to top Go down
Frederick
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 99
Join date : 2010-01-22
Age : 41
Location : Bishan

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:33 pm

Muimui wrote:
Bad drive i'd say about 150 and good drive 200.

For motivational purposes, shouldn't there be more details though like height and weight?

I'm 174cm and weigh about 60kg.

Good start! With your good height and weight, u will be doing 250m soon with more practise. It's all about the swing... dun let too much external factors bother you. Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 464
Join date : 2011-06-05
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:29 pm

I'm 175cm/ 70kg and my driving distance is around 230m on average (+/- depends on roll and wind direction) Laughing

Few of my friends who are shorter hits longer drives than me... but i guess basing on avg Asian men's physique, 250m is a good distance...

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:59 pm

BigblackGoof wrote:
I'm 175cm/ 70kg and my driving distance is around 230m on average (+/- depends on roll and wind direction) Laughing

Few of my friends who are shorter hits longer drives than me... but i guess basing on avg Asian men's physique, 250m is a good distance...


It's official! I'm a smurf.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:21 pm

Technospaz wrote:
BigblackGoof wrote:
I'm 175cm/ 70kg and my driving distance is around 230m on average (+/- depends on roll and wind direction) Laughing

Few of my friends who are shorter hits longer drives than me... but i guess basing on avg Asian men's physique, 250m is a good distance...


It's official! I'm a smurf.

What about me then? Sad
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:27 pm

blee2007 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
BigblackGoof wrote:
I'm 175cm/ 70kg and my driving distance is around 230m on average (+/- depends on roll and wind direction) Laughing

Few of my friends who are shorter hits longer drives than me... but i guess basing on avg Asian men's physique, 250m is a good distance...


It's official! I'm a smurf.

What about me then? Sad

You are a young Asian lad.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
BigblackGoof
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 464
Join date : 2011-06-05
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:28 pm

Ooops, bro Tech and Blee, i meant for us amateur to drive 250m is good... dun mean anything else... paiseh, didn't express myself properly.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:33 pm

LOL! Bro bigblackgoof ... i think for Asian Amateur to driver 250m is f**king awesome ... not just good.

I think most amateur golfers struggle to achieve consistent 200m distance

For me, I think the only time I have a chance to drive 250m will be if I tee off from the top of Marina Bay Sky Garden with a strong wind behind me.

But then again, I am just a white tee golfer .... Beer

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Derek wrote:
LOL! Bro bigblackgoof ... i think for Asian Amateur to driver 250m is f**king awesome ... not just good.

I think most amateur golfers struggle to achieve consistent 200m distance

For me, I think the only time I have a chance to drive 250m will be if I tee off from the top of Marina Bay Sky Garden with a strong wind behind me.

But then again, I am just a white tee golfer .... Beer

Derek... pls don't kid yourself. I've seen your drives. Sometimes, I am almost inclined to shout "FORE" just to warn the golfers in front (or passing ships).

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:13 pm

i just realize (after playing a game teeing off with a 3 wood all the way) a good drive is key for getting birdies and par chances. Even when i am in the middle of the fairway, i am still left with 160-170 from the green which is wayyyy more difficult to land on the green consistently than getting a consistent drive of 200m+ on the fairway. Ppl can say layup then 1 chip 1 putt (that is also not easy).

A decent drive (200m+) with a 140-150 approach (or lower) + 1chip/1putt or 1/2 putt is the easier way for birdies and pars. A 140 approach is definitely in the range of many golfers (its the par 3 distance for many courses so already got plenty of practice)

approach from 160-170 out will more likely leave a harder chip or from hazards and much lower chance for GIR

the layup and chip basically takes out the birdie chance, which is good but not for the long run. Whats the point of playing on if you never get a chance for birdie except for the par 3s or short part 4 and 5. Plus many golfers dont have the mental strength to lay up and chip every time.

long distance is not important (chipping and putting is) but a decent distance will lead to better chipping and putting.


Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Derek wrote:
LOL! Bro bigblackgoof ... i think for Asian Amateur to driver 250m is f**king awesome ... not just good.

I think most amateur golfers struggle to achieve consistent 200m distance

For me, I think the only time I have a chance to drive 250m will be if I tee off from the top of Marina Bay Sky Garden with a strong wind behind me.

But then again, I am just a white tee golfer .... Beer

Derek... pls don't kid yourself. I've seen your drives. Sometimes, I am almost inclined to shout "FORE" just to warn the golfers in front (or passing ships).

I agree with TS!

Btw TS, how can I be a young Asian lad? I am running out of black hair Liao..... tongue
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:19 pm

BigblackGoof wrote:
Ooops, bro Tech and Blee, i meant for us amateur to drive 250m is good... dun mean anything else... paiseh, didn't express myself properly.

It is ok. No harm done! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
genexis
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 30
Join date : 2011-07-24

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:24 pm

beginner... can drive 170 if i don't slice...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:21 pm

blee2007 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Derek wrote:
LOL! Bro bigblackgoof ... i think for Asian Amateur to driver 250m is f**king awesome ... not just good.

I think most amateur golfers struggle to achieve consistent 200m distance

For me, I think the only time I have a chance to drive 250m will be if I tee off from the top of Marina Bay Sky Garden with a strong wind behind me.

But then again, I am just a white tee golfer .... Beer

Derek... pls don't kid yourself. I've seen your drives. Sometimes, I am almost inclined to shout "FORE" just to warn the golfers in front (or passing ships).

I agree with TS!

Btw TS, how can I be a young Asian lad? I am running out of black hair Liao..... tongue

Manscaping?

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:53 pm

Thinking of hair weaving.... Hahahahah
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-04-21
Age : 76
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:59 pm

blee2007 wrote:
Thinking of hair weaving.... Hahahahah

Which hair... I think you still have lots above. Must be somewhere else you wanna weave.
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 749
Join date : 2009-12-17
Age : 33
Location : Anywhere!

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:39 pm

I drive...... About...... 60km of mileage everyday.
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-04-21
Age : 76
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:37 am

BabyCroc wrote:
I drive...... About...... 60km of mileage everyday.

Not yesterday - that must be more than 60!

Btw croc, your puma caps on avatar picture - if I don't watch carefully they look like a lump of bras
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Tue Nov 29, 2011 8:39 am

BabyCroc wrote:
I drive...... About...... 60km of mileage everyday.

more like 60 miles per hour hor...

ROFL

Back to top Go down
tsuiallan
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 21
Join date : 2011-12-04

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Sun Dec 04, 2011 2:06 pm

have been playing for afew months, driving at 170 odd metres :/
Back to top Go down
Ironman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 19
Join date : 2011-11-27
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Sun Dec 04, 2011 5:45 pm

Sianz lo. Haha, I drive 150m loh! I see some people using a 7 iron to achieve distance of 150m as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.smarterliving.asia
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How far do you drive?   Today at 4:10 pm

Back to top Go down
 
How far do you drive?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Similar topics
-
» does changing the rear drive change the odometer signal?
» VW Drive - Grand opening in Chattanooga TN - All are invited.
» Who can drive long???
» K100 final drive for a K75 ??
» Converting a Vari-Drive to a 5 Speed Manual

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Ask The Pro-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.