Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:53 pm

He played well on the 2nd day at The Chevron with a 67 including 2 eagles for the day. Keep up the good work Tiger. If he can win this one, he will get back his self confidence which is what is lacking.

titu
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:19 pm

It is indeed nice to see him play at his best again.

I hope he will win and win more games next year.

Maybe being single again will make him play Better
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/pnchung
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:31 pm

I hope he can hold his mental game through out the next 2 days.
I can't shake out his 3rd day flops at the recent tournament in Aussie. he could've won that event if its not for the 3rd day.

but its always good to see tiger back to his old form.
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:20 pm

You know how it takes a while to bring one's driving range swing to the course?

Well, same, except in this case it's not a driving range, it's Tiger's 4-hole practice course at home.

With each tournament, the new swing is getting exposed to competition pressure and getting stronger as the old swing is gradually 'forgotten.'
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:57 pm

I WANT him to win this tourney!! Smile Go Tiger!!

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:01 pm

Seems the short game and irons kicked in first.

Longer clubs, esp driver are taking longer. Noticed Tiger is staying off driver mostly.

Which would make sense, with the Sean Foley centered turn pattern of starting with weight left, staying left, and going more left.

When I tried to use the method previously, irons were crisp w solid contact. Wood and driver less so.
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Sat Dec 03, 2011 10:21 pm

K.J Choi also playing very well in this tourney. cheers for them all
Back to top Go down
Underdog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:36 am

Having won the Chevron, his confidence is definitely back. But let's not forget, this one almost got away too, if not for his birdie-birdie finish in the last 2 holes. If not wrong, i think he was still 1 stroke down to Zach Johnson after 16-holes. But glad that he manage to pull it together and finish off the weekend with the win. Well done!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:54 am

There are critics saying his win is hollow because the big guns like Luke Donald, Lee Westwood, Rory Mcllroy were missing. Nevertheless, it's a confidence builder and good start to winning more tournaments in 2012. Chion ah TW, shut those critics up and make them eat their own words!
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:01 am

Out of the 25 top player 11 of them are at the event. Compared that to the other event around that time, that is probably the highest concentration of them.

It's also the same to goes saying that anybody's else win is hollow since tiger is not there. (rory's for example). Really?
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:09 am

The media can say whatever they want but action speaks better than words....

I have yet to see anyone donate 100% of their winnings even if its to his own founded foundation. Tiger will always get my utmost respect for whatever he has done to the game of golf!

http://web.tigerwoodsfoundation.org/index
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:27 am

I look forward to the Abu Dhabi HSBC Championship in Jan'12.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:40 am

duffader wrote:

I have yet to see anyone donate 100% of their winnings even if its to his own founded foundation. Tiger will always get my utmost respect for whatever he has done to the game of golf!

You also get my utmost respect leh, you also donate 100% of your winnings into lunch with me..hehehe...
Back to top Go down
shamusan
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:49 am

YAY!!!

i can finally watch golf again...

golf is bloody boring when Tiger's not winning...

watching the rest play golf is like watching reruns of arnold palmer and other now old people play golf.... damn sian....

only Tiger is awe inspiring...
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:03 am

Whatever the reason(s). It is good to see Tiger start to win again .. Keep it up !
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:06 am

4dtoto wrote:
duffader wrote:

You also get my utmost respect leh, you also donate 100% of your winnings into lunch with me..hehehe...

Hahaha.. bro... steady lah... its for fun mah...
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:08 am

For taht, we extend contract til June 2012
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:44 am

4dtoto wrote:
For taht, we extend contract til June 2012

But u know sometime I can't stay for lunch.
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:27 pm

seems TW will have a tougher time on 2012

Here is what Rory has to say

Rory McIlroy says he would relish a showdown with Tiger Woods in 2012
By: Paul Mahoney, Contributor to Golf Magazine

DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - December. Such a boring month for golf. Nothing to report. Move along. Well, apart from Tiger Woods, Rory McIlroy and Lee Westwood all winning on last weekend's Super Sunday.

McIlroy has looked drained in Dubai after jetting in from Hong Kong after a marathon 12 weeks on the road. He has had blood tests to discover the extent of a virus that has drained his energy. But fatigue didn't curtail the vigor of his yelling or air punching as he sealed his victory in Hong Kong with an outrageous dunk from a bunker on 18.

"I went nuts," he said, smiling. "I've never been that excited or animated on a golf course before. It shows you how much it meant to me."

Remind you of anyone else last Sunday? The air punch seems to be back in fashion, and Woods pulled out his own wide-mouthed uppercut version (copyright, Augusta 1997) as he birdied the final hole to win the Chevron World Challenge in Southern California.

"Great to see Tiger back," McIlroy said. "It looks like his game is really getting back in shape. You saw by his reaction on 18 how much that meant to him."

All of which sets up a mouth-watering 2012 with the prospect of Woods, the veteran heavyweight champion, returning to the ring with something to prove to the young contenders intent on stealing his crown. Of course the kids have no fear of the old man (Woods is all of 35) and are bobbing and weaving, looking to land that knockout punch. McIlroy can't wait for the challenge, to finally test his game against perhaps the finest golfer that ever put club to ball.

"You want to test yourself against the best," McIlroy said. "And if you where to come up against Tiger on Sunday, it would probably be the biggest challenge of my career. It's something I would look forward to. It would be a huge experience and learning curve to see how I would handle it. It's not something a lot of players in my generation have experienced yet. It would be great to have the opportunity to do it next year."

Augusta in April would seem the perfect venue. Or how about Tucson, Ariz., in the final of the WGC-Accenture World Match Play in February? Or, better still, Abu Dhabi, where Woods will play his first event of the year in January.

The third high-profile champion last weekend was Westwood, No. 3 in the world, who shot a course record 62 in the third round on his way to victory in South Africa. Westwood's victory almost got lost in all the hoopla, but McIlroy was paying attention.

"It looks like next year is going to be exciting with a lot of players playing well," McIlroy said. "I'm just happy to be in that group and have a chance to go and win more tournaments and hopefully win majors as well."

McIlroy knows that next year and, more pressingly, this week, he probably won't enjoy an easy coronation like the one he had at the U.S. Open at Congressional last June.

"You've got Luke [Donald] coming off his best season ever," McIlroy said. "Lee looks like he is starting to play better again. Martin Kaymer won in China a couple of weeks ago. You've got the top four guys in the world all here, and all seem to be on form."

The Dubai World Championship will pit McIlroy against Donald - relative lightweights in boxing terms but undisputed heavyweight golfers. The Northern Irishman needs to win and see the Englishman finish outside the top nine to clinch the Race to Dubai, the European Tour's money-list title. Anything less, and Donald will become the first player to win the money list on both sides of the Atlantic. The two will go head-to-head in the final group on Thursday.

It feels like a dress rehearsal for the major performances of next year except for the absence of Woods, who will be desperate to step out of the wings to reclaim his status as the leading man.

source page
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/pnchung
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:59 pm

The sheer presence of TW is intimidating enough for RM's meltdown at 2011 Masters. Just that TW didn't do a better job on the 2nd 9. He came up 3rd though, despite his B grade performance. Smile
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:54 am

Lee36328 wrote:
Seems the short game and irons kicked in first.

Longer clubs, esp driver are taking longer. Noticed Tiger is staying off driver mostly.

Which would make sense, with the Sean Foley centered turn pattern of starting with weight left, staying left, and going more left.

When I tried to use the method previously, irons were crisp w solid contact. Wood and driver less so.

I agreed. I tried that too ... With Fairway wood, the result is not as solid as when I hit this method with irons.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!   Today at 6:14 am

Back to top Go down

Welcome back Tiger !!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1