Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2154
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:37 am

experienced this myself many times and i am sure you'd too.

group in front play like beginners. every hole 5-7 strokes to get to their green, and take forever on the green to putt as if they are putting for par or birdie. I rreally dun get it. why bother to walk up and down like a pro when u r already screwed prior to being on the green. and they dun seem to care that the back flight is already waiting for them to get their pathetic ass off the green and carry on with their game.

really cannot tahan la. if only ppl are more considerate.

standard turn around time for nine hole is 2hrs and 10 mins in most places.

i think if every golfer in this world makes an effort to i think the game would be more enjoyful.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:48 am

Ahhh....I think this is becos the club enforce the double par max per hole rule...so bo pian liao.....par 4, 7 to reach green...so die die, must one putt....

Either that or they watch too much of PGA liao....kalah tak apa...gaya mesti ada ( in Ang moh: Lose nebermind...but style must have BOOMZ...ideally in leopard prince)
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2154
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:55 am

i hope the golfers over this weekend dun take 3 hrs to cross a nine... Smile
Back to top Go down
Jay
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 11
Join date : 2009-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:56 am

Yes, I experience this twice a week! Flight of elderly gentlemen always took their time to shoot, walk, putt, stand around to keep their clubs in their trolleys and talk! You could see the flights build up behind them and yet they doesn't seem to care, even despite warning by the marshals several times.

Granted they are elderly, their shots are short, their walks are slow but they should realise that their co-operation are needed so that others can enjoy their games as well. At least they should use turfmates or buggies.

Ouch! That's golf!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:09 am

I experience that every now and then but I remind myself that I was like that sometime ago (and perhaps I still am to some extent). I don't think slow play is necessarily a bad thing provided that the flight takes some effort to speed up.

There will always be golfers who are slower than you or take more time to play the sport etc. Likewise, there will also be golfers who, while are good players, are having bad days with their balls flying all over the place.

Given this, I try to be patient but I admit that it's not always easy. It disrupts the game and frustrates the player. I wouldn't necessarily complain but I would just try and slow my game down as well. So, if they take longer to reach the green, I'll take longer to get to mine as well.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
p3nboy
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 496
Join date : 2009-07-15
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:15 am

There are different types of slow golfers, depending on which cat they are in. I will classified them in the following cat:

1. Beginner, this is the stage everyone has to go through.

2. Senior, perhaps only a minority in their 60s and above.

3. Gamble very BIG golfers.

4. Value for money golfer, die die must tee at BLUE.

5. Weekday golfer, if I have a chance to play on weekday i will slow down my game as well.

It will be more forgiving if they are in the first two cat, you will start as cat 1 and eventually play in cat 2. haha...

I kenna a combi of 3 & 4 last weekend, the result is POWERRRRRR. ...everyone should try this.

If you wish to avoid meeting all the above, be the 1st to tee.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:21 am

LOL! If you're the first to tee off, make sure you're not 1-5 above Razz

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1158
Join date : 2009-07-01
Age : 48
Location : Little Red Dot

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:10 pm

It is so common to meet slow golfers. Worst of all, a lot of these folks can only hit approx. 180yds using driver but they play from blue tees. On long par 4 (>400yds), they decided to wait for the flight in front to clear the greens before they take their time to hit their second shots. If driver is only 180yds, can their 3w go more than that? It can be super frustrating and to made things even worst, we almost have a flight behind chasing us.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 3575
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:44 pm

nutty88 wrote:
It is so common to meet slow golfers. Worst of all, a lot of these folks can only hit approx. 180yds using driver but they play from blue tees. On long par 4 (>400yds), they decided to wait for the flight in front to clear the greens before they take their time to hit their second shots. If driver is only 180yds, can their 3w go more than that? It can be super frustrating and to made things even worst, we almost have a flight behind chasing us.

Oh...I have seen it. Group of uncles...teed from blue, barely cross the red. From the tee box I can tell that they only hit 1/3 of the hole. Wait slowly for the flight in front to move off before hitting with irons. As if their irons longer than their drivers.

_________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1236
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : Everywhere... but the golf course :(

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 1:59 pm

My worst experience... started from hole 14, Japanese father and fat son, 2-ball, playing in front of us.

Father was decent, fat son was a newbie. Fat son must have been playing double par on every hole. No issue for us, bcos we've all been there before.

The issue was he would walk super slow to every ball, take another minute to set-up, whack OOB or into jungle, drop another ball at original spot, whack OOB or into jungle again..... then walk slow-slow... OMG!!!

Near greens, pitch from left side to right side, and then left side and right side again.... and still want to read putting line like pro Stretcher

Marshall asked them to speed-up, Father rambled on in Japanese... point left, point right... Marshall also give up, dunno what to do.

This wan, really maximising green fees.

That day, I must have smoked about 2 sticks of ciggie per hole.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 3575
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 41

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:27 pm

hahaha i have not witnessed this but have heard this story.

A certain group was super slow and our friend's flight was behind and waited 10-15min before the clear the green. Fed up and grumbling, the took up position, do practice swing and suddenly. The group is back on the green again. Cos they decided to 'maximise green fee' and do practice chips back to the green.

_________________
We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.
Back to top Go down
Http://thescarletibis.wordpress.com
ughly
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 127
Join date : 2009-08-31
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:28 pm

Haha some of the stories quite funny.

I am a newbie myself and always felt damn pressured when we see another flight after us.

As i play of weekdays in malaysia most of the time, the situation is still quite ok. Most of the time my flight will just let the later flight play through, so at least they don't have to wait for us anymore. But thinking about the flight behind us really quite scary!

ZiAn
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Frankly, I don't understand those novice golfers who feel that they get their money worth by playing further (maybe tee from the blue or in Malaysia some even play black tee). Their scores will sucks big time right? How does this "suckiness" equates to getting their money worth?
Personally I feel that I get my money worth when:
- I score a good round that matches my skill/hcp which means that my swing is hot!
- Good companies who are fun or damn Chio (preferable) - Bro TS no offense but you fall into the first category but not the later so...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:55 pm

Patience is a virtue. We'll all reach that age so let's try to be understanding.

Someone please remind me of this when we next play together and if we're stuck in a similar predicament.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:07 pm

Quoted fm my last KTV session: We are the world, we are the children, we are the one who make a brighter day, so lets start living....lalalal

I have to admit, that I was once like them, I am quite slow (excluding the fact that I used up most strokes, 4putts, shortest drive etc etc).....BUT, what I have learnt to try to learn is to let the faster ones play thru lor......as long as I am not slowed down by the flt infront....

I just hope ppl don mind if another flt asked to play thru...

But play blue tee ...sighhh..that is another story..think we had another thread going that have view of that vs. skill or rather score level
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1236
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : Everywhere... but the golf course :(

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:11 pm

take many stokes, i think generally all golfers would understand... but please walk faster lah!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Actually when I look at it.....what consume the most time...

#1 Buggy on track......slow-person take wrong club and go back change and change?
#2 Read green like me reading map to go Alaska and wait for cow come back?
#3 speed of walking
#4 TCSS while walking ...some practise romance..some practise Bro-mance
#5 Over pro longing in hitting the shot...becos could not remember which verse to use to pray for shot?
#6 Try to hit the one in a million dollar shot with 3wd hoping to carry 220m...when bloody driver only can carry 180m??
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1236
Join date : 2009-08-27
Location : Everywhere... but the golf course :(

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:17 pm

ROFL lol! Beer
Back to top Go down
22tang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 161
Join date : 2009-06-22
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:22 pm

Remind me of the caddies in China, they quite often said you can take a bit more time to aim and visualize but please walk faster to where your golf ball landed.


botak wrote:
take many stokes, i think generally all golfers would understand... but please walk faster lah!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:23 pm

Duval_S wrote:
Actually when I look at it.....what consume the most time...

#1 Buggy on track......slow-person take wrong club and go back change and change?
#2 Read green like me reading map to go Alaska and wait for cow come back?
#3 speed of walking
#4 TCSS while walking ...some practise romance..some practise Bro-mance
#5 Over pro longing in hitting the shot...becos could not remember which verse to use to pray for shot?
#6 Try to hit the one in a million dollar shot with 3wd hoping to carry 220m...when bloody driver only can carry 180m??

ROFLOL!! I'm guilty sometimes of the above.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2648
Join date : 2009-06-20
Age : 41
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:27 pm

all of us been thru this stage....no one is born pro golfer...

but playing with those considerate lau jiao will breed good manners n "common sense"...


1)
ever saw this kid play.. nice swing... prob is b4 every shot, practice swing at least 6 times b4 the actual shot. (we know becoz we keep counting from behind)
not to forget, all these practice swing oso take divot... .....


2)
once join flight with a group of newbies.... tht fella tee off super slice, shld be lost ball but not OB. he wanted to tee one more, so bo pian nvm....
then the fren worst... tee straight but only 110m and ALSO wanted to tee one more coz ball not nice...
i told him ball still alive n front flt already left green and behind is crowding... he say nvm... ... i nearly want to call marshal to complain my own flt.. haha
Back to top Go down
splintuh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 7
Join date : 2009-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:09 pm

Executive, hole 9 (the lokang hole)
An indian 2-ball tee-ing off, with about 2 groups waiting in line for them.

One of them tee-ed 4 !#*& balls (all went into the canal or sliced into the trees on the right).
Until then, we were pretty well mannered and didn't flare up... must've been in a good mood that day. But then he had the cheek + thick skin to turn around to us and "Haha, just isn't my day. This will take a while."... and started to tee a 5th ball.

that got everyone dulan and both waiting groups open fire k.n.n on him...

Playing slow is one thing... but idiots like that should be tied up at the driving range, on the 100m target board. Gives you some incentive to aim properly...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:50 pm

You should have just say - if you are taking long time, driving range is not far away.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1324
Join date : 2009-07-05
Age : 35
Location : Sometimes Serangoon Sometimes India

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:41 am

splintuh wrote:
Executive, hole 9 (the lokang hole)
An indian 2-ball tee-ing off, with about 2 groups waiting in line for them.

One of them tee-ed 4 !#*& balls (all went into the canal or sliced into the trees on the right).
Until then, we were pretty well mannered and didn't flare up... must've been in a good mood that day. But then he had the cheek + thick skin to turn around to us and "Haha, just isn't my day. This will take a while."... and started to tee a 5th ball.

that got everyone dulan and both waiting groups open fire k.n.n on him...

Playing slow is one thing... but idiots like that should be tied up at the driving range, on the 100m target board. Gives you some incentive to aim properly...

Hm, this sounds familiar to me.
Not sure if I met the same people as you.
But definitely similarly inconsiderate.

Practise swing more than 5 times then top ball, goes 30metre.
Throughout all 9 holes and putting, 1 by 1..
After 1 person putt, one of the guy explains why like tis why like that..
how to hit... (but this guy don't play well)

Tee-off, the guy explained to his frend as well..
Ended up at 7th hole, 3 flights waiting for them, all 4 balls.
No choice, my flight and next flight tee-off together - 8balls.
Just wana finish off the game fast.
Back to top Go down
Dollra.Miyako
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 113
Join date : 2009-09-15
Age : 31
Location : Choa Chu Kang

PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:47 am

Roystonnn wrote:
splintuh wrote:
Executive, hole 9 (the lokang hole)
An indian 2-ball tee-ing off, with about 2 groups waiting in line for them.

One of them tee-ed 4 !#*& balls (all went into the canal or sliced into the trees on the right).
Until then, we were pretty well mannered and didn't flare up... must've been in a good mood that day. But then he had the cheek + thick skin to turn around to us and "Haha, just isn't my day. This will take a while."... and started to tee a 5th ball.

that got everyone dulan and both waiting groups open fire k.n.n on him...

Playing slow is one thing... but idiots like that should be tied up at the driving range, on the 100m target board. Gives you some incentive to aim properly...

Hm, this sounds familiar to me.
Not sure if I met the same people as you.
But definitely similarly inconsiderate.

Practise swing more than 5 times then top ball, goes 30metre.
Throughout all 9 holes and putting, 1 by 1..
After 1 person putt, one of the guy explains why like tis why like that..
how to hit... (but this guy don't play well)

Tee-off, the guy explained to his frend as well..
Ended up at 7th hole, 3 flights waiting for them, all 4 balls.
No choice, my flight and next flight tee-off together - 8balls.
Just wana finish off the game fast.

In this kind of case cant the player just let the next flight ppl go 1st seen there are slow?? i am noobies so if i go game and i know i cant make it i will like the flight behide us go 1st dont do that??
Back to top Go down
http://www.dstylez.blogspot.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!   Today at 3:53 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Super Slow Golfers!!!!!!!!!!!!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Super slow golfer
» Photography for golfers
» SuperSlowrolla super slow build
» HooptownGTA's Super 16 Pre-season Rankings
» Slow poke drivers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Overseas Games-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.