Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:29 pm

Any Poresia members here know how come there's no Monthly Medal or any other tournaments held on a regular basis?
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:33 pm

TDO wrote:
Any Poresia members here know how come there's no Monthly Medal or any other tournaments held on a regular basis?

Most popular one and value for money is "Poresia Cup"
I am waiting for their announcement, Unfortunately Ken at the counter guy has resigned
recently now he is working at Jurong!
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:56 am

Ken has resigned? Gosh, what a waste. He is really a great guy.

I have never joined Poresia in their event even as a member for the past few years. Apparently I heard the prizes were quite good for Poresia Cup and Carlsberg tournament but too many buayas who under declared their handicaps!
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Tue Dec 06, 2011 1:56 pm

Ya, the most famous one is the 58 nett (18 holes hor!!!) by a 22 hcp affraid
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:01 pm

nutty88 wrote:
Ken has resigned? Gosh, what a waste. He is really a great guy.

I have never joined Poresia in their event even as a member for the past few years. Apparently I heard the prizes were quite good for Poresia Cup and Carlsberg tournament but too many buayas who under declared their handicaps!

Yup. I am with you on this.

Never bother to join those Coz too many of the buayas.
White Flag
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Tue Dec 06, 2011 2:11 pm

Buayas are here to stay and they know who they are. These creatures are damned good at nursing when they submit their score cards.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:11 am

jimmychoo wrote:
Ya, the most famous one is the 58 nett (18 holes hor!!!) by a 22 hcp affraid

These buaya are shameless golfers who cheat, Par 4-play 6 they write 4 for par, when par they write birdie, the foursome are buddies so they
compromise each other.

Their actual score can 99 but they return with score card 80 minus their 22 hcp = 58 and became shameless, being booos champion! Indonesian name! I saw on the board. You mean Poresia so easy to score?? Unless you're a Pro or PGA!

What the club should do, is all golfers who join Poresia cup must be ballot so play with strangers. Then there's no cheating..
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:25 am

Ya! The most famous one! Went away with a LCD TV somemore
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:31 am

and yet the club doesnt investigate?

why y'all keep with the club after so many complaints I read here?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Wed Dec 07, 2011 10:34 am

With my hcp at 16, my best score so far from White Tee, 90 at Hibiscus/Bougainvillea. If Blue Tee, it could be 93 or 94. Quite tough to play to my hcp.
Back to top Go down
jimmychoo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:32 am

MY HCP now is 18.3, playing poresia from white still can manage to play within my hcp but from blue...... no way.... at least another additional 8 strokes... especially the weekday blue affraid
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:48 pm

pushslice wrote:
and yet the club doesnt investigate?

why y'all keep with the club after so many complaints I read here?

Bro,

Are you a member of Poresia. I joined only 3 months ago with my friend. Didn't know there are so many problems and salesman is hiding a lot of truths. I asked for the terms and conditions of the club but was not given. I was told there is no problem as it's the same as other clubs, only cheaper. I now realised it's definitely cheaper than any other clubs. I also know that it's a no frills club. I further know that 1 or 2 balls have to pay a penalty of paying for an additional buggy fee, even if 2 balls are playing and that we will be driving only 1 buggy. And we didn't get to use the other buggy which we paid. On top of that, we are not allowed to tee off on normal tee times. And, yes, you guessed it without trying, 2 balls shall be put to the last flight. Want to know more, we have to under table the starter so as to be allowed to play 2 balls. Seems like a crime. I was very pissed with all this and called the salesman to ask if I can cancel the membership (Obviously not).

To add fuel to fire, last Sat when I played with my friend (Yes, we are 2 balls after paying our penalty, if you know what I mean) there were 2 flights of 4 balls. One in front of us and one behind us. The flight behind us were friends of the flight in front of us and we are sandwiched between them. And they don't seem to be happy, both the 4 balls flight. Now if I were the flight in front, I would have allow the 2 balls (even though we have no standing) to go ahead as a gesture of courtesy. One of the guys in the front flight asked, "They allow 2 balls to tee off?" Now I am not entirely happy with that line of questioning. My reply, "I am a full paying member, why am I not allowed to play as 2 balls. I already paid for the penalty (double whammy at that). It's not that we want to play 2 balls, it's because we are unable to find at least another ball. And the club do not make it compulsory to ensure 3 balls allow 1 ball to join their flight. Or if there are 2 balls, they should at least do the minimum and arrange for another ball or 2 to form a flight." After having said that, the guy in the front flight finally understood our plight and allow us to go ahead.

So you see bro, we are practically at the mercy of the club because this is a propriety club of which members have no voting rights. Of course the membership fee would be different if it is a members' club. So we are in a way forced to live with it.

Meanwhile there's no other avenue to voice our unhappiness as members and this forum seem the right place to do so, at least for the public to be aware before they sign up to join. This way, we are doing a service for the public to be aware and prepared for what's to come if they decide to join.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:13 pm

I'm not a member and i do think the info shared is very useful for forumers. I read them with interest. I was wondering whether selling your membership is a possibility. Esp after reading many issues reported, from Poor overall service, maintenance issues, lack of rule enforcement, rudeness/no etiquette etc etc. E.g. I read that forumer Poresia/alfred exited the membership.

has the resale value dropped a lot? Or its not available for resale? Pardon my ignorance, im a clubless golfer.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:32 pm

Selling is not at option for me as I just joined 3 months ago. The unfairness comes from the salesman who avoided answering my request for the terms and conditions. I would not have joined if there's such problems. Anyway, I am still fine playing this course. I wonder how many Poresia members faces the same problem I face. That is 1 or 2 balls. It would be good if Poresia members can come together and form flights.

Right now, the reception have recommended a 2 balls who share the same situation as us. We are now forming a flight together. We only played once together 2 weeks ago. Last week they were unable to play because of company function.

I hope to form a regular flight with whoever is keen to play regularly on Sat or Sun mornings at Poresia.
Back to top Go down
wl71
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:38 pm

I am currently still a paying member of Poresia, but if it's true that Ken has resigned, then my status may change soon...

Have not played there for a year or so, and comparing to 5-6 years ago, standard has really dropped in terms of course maintenance and service level. Not sure if it is still under Japanese management...

I dun think the membership is worth much now, and with the levy they charge for membership transfer, will be surprised if can get any money back at all...

The only reason not to quit membership outright is that the course is still quite near, relatively cheap and available if there is a last-minute need to entertain guests...

"Sleeping member" sounds good at the moment, just wait and see what happens Razz
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:49 pm

Japanese management is still in charge. Hopeless management. Do nothing about course maintenance. Do not reply email feedbacks. Nothing. Just keep quiet and hope you go away. Seriously, I don't even know why is Poresia inside Leisure Farm Estate. Does Poresia belong to Leisure Farm of what. I ask the salesman and he have no clue either. And My God, this has to be the most political management I have ever know. Salesman backstabbing each other.

Honestly, if they are willing to return my money (they are not forthcoming), I would most certainly give up the membership and play elsewhere. But since I have been given free subscription until next Jul'12, I will make full use of it.

Last edited by TDO on Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
poresia
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Wed Dec 07, 2011 3:48 pm

leisure farm is supposed to be a mega project of sports, entertainment, holiday resorts n luxury living. there s supposed to be a Universal style theme park too

as usual, plan is big n outcome is different.

poresia is set up for sports. they also hv a horse riding school. wonder if it still operates.

the houses r still there n u can see quite a few abandoned houses with overgrown weeds etc.

that s what a old poresia salesman told me.

Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:46 pm

My brother paid $12,000.00 way back 1996, I joined 1999 and I paid $5,000.00 all afternoon member. i have been playing Saturday since day 1 until recently stop playing on Saturday. Even on Sat if short of one ball no problem just shout to some of my friends.

Now I play weekday Thursday 2 ball sometime 3 ball.. 2 ball on week day no issue,
we start 12pm finished around 3pm. Still cheaper than any club in Singapore..I am not complaining! As for the fairway maintenance, they are better than other clubs in JB or even Singapore! Only thing is travel time via JB cheaper alternative but heavier traffic
and JAM at SG checkpoint when returning!

We don't eat at Club house before or after game! Strictly play golf and go home!
we enjoyed play weekday blue tee a good challenge...if can't cross the lokang (drain)
change driver!
Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament   Today at 3:57 pm

Back to top Go down

Poresia - Monthly Medal or any other tournament
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1