Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:05 am

its no secret that after more than 2 years with the ever-reliable Supertri i have decided to part way with the old trustee.

Enter my new driver which will start permanently in the bag. Took it out last sunday and there were 2 holes that confirmed the decision. Hole 9 and hole 18 at the Masters. usual irons into green - 6 or 7 iron, last week, both 9 irons. granted the new BFG irons are longer but i must have gained at least 15 meters off the tee-box.

yes its the new Callaway Razr Fit and this is how it looks..

its looks very different from all previous Cally and there are several distinctive feature which makes this special.

the sole has a T Rail Sole (a bit like a Krank) which makes spreads the CG further back from the face. the double weight ports are also very distinctively flush to the sole and this is different from the TM where its perpendicular to the face or the 910 which is a single weight port. face angle at impact is more efficient with this set up. I was told by the Tour Rep who was at Carlsbad that they loaded the same driver on a robot and with switching the weight ports (toe and heel), they get exactly the same distance of fade and draw on all the test.

one of the drawbacks for someone like me who demand a certain acoustic in the driver, the previous Cally was not a lure for me. This new driver however has all the acoustic of the a long forgotten Callaway performer, the Great Big Bertha which was renowned for the distinctive "Phinnnggg" at impact.

there is a nice feel and response on impact and there is no harshness when i paired this new driver with a Fubuki K-series. Now comes the interesting part. for retail model its a single cog and you can open the face, shut the face, make it neutral or upright and the shaft orientation stays in the same position. no need to change grip or shaft spine to fit offset or lie changes.

i have not had time to fiddle with the 2 cog adaptor but that one is even more versatile.

so for now, this is a very special driver to behold and it will be February before it get shipped to retailers in this part of the world.

Enjoy and if you guys want to know more, dont hesitate to ask. if you want to form a list, i will try my best to fulfil your wishes.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
ljlow
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:11 am

NICE~~!
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:13 am

that's one beautiful driver. Lets see who will get their hand on it first on one of the SSN session, so that it can be admired in person.
Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:27 am

Hiaz....this was the beauty I was trying to jack out of the Den last Sat but alas....

One hell of a beauty & great sounding as well!

Hmmm......should I start the list?

Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 7:51 am

This is one beauty man ! Both me and Asahi try to smuggle it out but failed as it is constantly under the eagle eye of the Boss.....

I have never hit well in the Den but swing this on the trackman give me the best distance and smash factor....will need to offload plenty to get this beauty...mmmmmmm..
Back to top Go down
botak
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:39 am

as chocoman would say... STIM!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:45 am

I was privileged enough to catch a glimpse of this earlier and I can say, with my own eyes, that it looks better in real life. The driver is simply gorgeous.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:04 am

I tried very hard to sky this driver so that I can buy if from DGman....to no avail.

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:05 am

Its only this baby is featured in the "BFG X'MAS Special for the Month of Dec *Updated Promo from 5th - 11th Dec" Thread
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 9:17 am

that is a real beauty!
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:21 am

wow this driver is really nice!

any idea how much is the retail price?
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:31 am

WOW!!
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Wed Dec 07, 2011 11:55 am

Its either going to be this or the i20......cannot wait for march next year......
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:14 am

i sincerely urged you guys to make this a serious consideration for a driver choice for 2012. i am so convinced that i will now post my new wedges....

on friday that is....currently in KL passing poison to Nicasio.

DGman
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:21 am

Boss

Dun forget my win win bag hood

Thanks
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:28 am

yeah i am at chow kit road tracking down the guy....
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:30 am

Thanks boss

Kopi on me next week
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:31 am

4dtoto wrote:
This is one beauty man ! Both me and Asahi try to smuggle it out but failed as it is constantly under the eagle eye of the Boss.....

I have never hit well in the Den but swing this on the trackman give me the best distance and smash factor....will need to offload plenty to get this beauty...mmmmmmm..

You are lucky....boss wont even let me touch it.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Thu Dec 08, 2011 11:23 am

droooolllsss.....looks superb!

..................................dear god of 4d and toto...lemme kena one big one!

Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:40 pm

in case you want to hear it from the engineers and marketing department...here we go..

LIFE IS A SERIES OF ADJUSTMENTS: Many people believe that life and golf have many similarities. It’s considered to be a reason many recreational players are attracted to the game. Callaway Golf (NYSE: ELY) made its name and reputation in the metal wood category. Titanium helped to make the company what it is today. Over time it has morphed to composite materials as its platform of choice for its metal woods franchise. The category is extremely competitive both in terms of designs as well as vendors vying for consumer dollars. In recent years product cycles have also shortened, which adds to the challenges for engineers to find performance improvements sooner rather than later.

In the age of adjustable drivers, Callaway by its own admission has been holding out. But it doesn’t want that message to be confused with holding back. The company will introduce to consumers worldwide on February 17, 2012, the RAZR Fit Driver and Fairway Woods. “With RAZR Fit we created the first adjustable driver without any performance compromises,” stated Dr. Alan Hocknell, Callaway Golf’s Sr. Vice President of Research & Development. “Callaway is not just entering the adjustability race with the introduction of RAZR Fit, we are taking the pole position. The adjustable features, combined with our proprietary technologies, allow golfers to play a more meaningful role than ever before in their journey to optimized performance.”

According to the company, the RAZR Fit line of woods represents it’s most advanced products in 29 years of building clubs. The driver incorporates performance benefits gained from several proprietary technologies with an easy-to-understand, adjustable hosel plus moveable weights to promote draw or neutral ball flight. Dan Stevens, Manager Industrial Design, said, “With the RAZR Fit driver, your able to adjust the hosel to change the face angle. It also offers two different weights in the heel and toe that you can move to adjust the center of gravity position.” Luke Williams, Senior Director for Global Woods and Irons, said, “We can change the club to affect your ball flight and you don’t have to change your swing. Adjustability that matters and we didn’t compromise the performance in any way.”

Callaway has incorporated some of its best engineering traits in the past with some new proprietary enhancements in the RAZR Fit line of drivers and fairway woods. Fans of the company’s previous work will remember Callaway’s OptiFit adjustability system that allows golfers to adjust the club’s face angle to three address positions: Open, Square and Closed. This adjustment enables players to choose a preferred look at address while also minimizing a slice or hook generated by the club’s delivery to the ball. In the driver head, OptiFit weights (one weighing 12 grams and the other 2 grams) are featured in the sole's toe and heal positions. These are movable and can be exchanged to influence even more the club's center of gravity and a perceivable draw or neutral ball flight.

The crown of the RAZR Fit Driver is comprised of Forged Composite, an advanced carbon composite material that Callaway developed over several years in partnership with Automobili Lamborghini. It allowed Callaway engineers to save weight and precisely control the thickness of the crown through the use of Forged Composite materials. It contributes to generating a lower center of gravity, Callaway said and more forgiveness on off-center hits.

The RAZR Fit Driver is the first Callaway product to incorporate a proprietary aerodynamic shaping called Streamlined Surface Technology. According to the company, it addresses the complex variations in aerodynamic flow during a driver’s entire downswing from transition through impact. More than four years in the making, according to the company, Streamlined Surface Technology has reduced RAZR Fit’s energy loss due to drag by 14% (relative to its predecessor, the RAZR Hawk Driver), despite the addition of an adjustable hosel. This contributes to increased ball speed at impact, a critical element of driving distance. This aerodynamics technology is accompanied by the debut of the Company’s new Speed Frame Face Technology, which combines hyperbolic shaping of the clubface with precision thickness control to achieve a larger sweet spot. This new technology, Callaway said, optimizes stress distribution and increases ball speeds across the face. Callaway engineers were also able to save weight by implementing this new face technology.

The RAZR Fit Driver is equipped with a 45.5” Aldila RIP’d NV shaft and a premium Golf Pride New Decade Multi Compound grip. The club is already in the bags of Phil Mickelson, Ernie Els, Alvaro Quiros and other tour professionals around the world.

Like the RAZR Fit Driver, the RAZR Fit Fairway Woods feature three address positions—Open, Square and Closed. They will be available in a 3-Wood (15°) and a 5-Wood (18°), and allow players to make adjustments based on their preferred look at address and to minimize tendencies to hook or slice the ball. Callaway’s staff of Tour players helped inspire the club design, the company said, which features a traditional shape in a compact head size, as well as a shallow face with a low leading edge.

Callaway’s engineers have also applied Variable Face Thickness Technology to precisely shape the face thickness in each fairway wood, the company said, increasing the sweet spot and promoting consistent trajectories and hotter ball speeds.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now for those wedges.....

DGman
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Fri Dec 09, 2011 3:45 pm

well.. if your Supertri has nowhere to go.. i'll accept it with open arms.. Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:49 pm

that one was jopped by a Mr Loke long long ago. he told me he wanted to buy my driver a year ago..i am serious he came twice this week and i still forgot to bring it in for him. but its now in the shop.

DGman

oh those wedges...now where i did i put them???? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:50 pm

i brought those wedges home Twisted Evil

Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:18 pm

time to play back those videos from the CCTV.

i need the mata soon.....
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:47 am

okie here's a view of those wedges....

in 50, 56 and 60 degrees. need to change the shaft and we are ready to go. P

as for the type, well......lets say its still unreleased.

DGman
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal   Today at 11:46 am

Back to top Go down

Embargo lifted - time for a review and reveal
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next