Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Kranji Incident

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:13 pm

We played at OCC not too long ago. I think it was the 18th green. We were already on the green when a ball landed close to the fringe (actually, about 20m off). We were a little peeved as it could've hit us. We didn't say anything and just walked off.

At the club house, a guy came along and introduced his son. The father apologized profusely for his son's shot. He said that he didn't think his son could reach the green but obviously underestimated his ability. He asked his son to apologize which his son did though he seemed embarrassed.

I thought that the father's behaviour was pure class. He could've said no more about it. He could have just lectured his son at home. He could have just brushed it off completely. Yet, he showed his son what golfing etiquette really is.

For those who think that golf has degraded itself into a contact sport and gentlemanliness has gone the way of the dodo, this incident proves otherwise. Yes, they may be the exception rather than the rule but it's still a reminder that there are good golfers out there. If we can learn to emulate this especially for our younger generation, there's certainly hope for us (and the sport) Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 296
Join date : 2011-08-30
Age : 33
Location : Hougang

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Fri Dec 09, 2011 6:17 pm

Technospaz wrote:
We played at OCC not too long ago. I think it was the 18th green. We were already on the green when a ball landed close to the fringe (actually, about 20m off). We were a little peeved as it could've hit us. We didn't say anything and just walked off.

At the club house, a guy came along and introduced his son. The father apologized profusely for his son's shot. He said that he didn't think his son could reach the green but obviously underestimated his ability. He asked his son to apologize which his son did though he seemed embarrassed.

I thought that the father's behaviour was pure class. He could've said no more about it. He could have just lectured his son at home. He could have just brushed it off completely. Yet, he showed his son what golfing etiquette really is.

For those who think that golf has degraded itself into a contact sport and gentlemanliness has gone the way of the dodo, this incident proves otherwise. Yes, they may be the exception rather than the rule but it's still a reminder that there are good golfers out there. If we can learn to emulate this especially for our younger generation, there's certainly hope for us (and the sport) Smile

Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:39 pm

Technospaz wrote:
We played at OCC not too long ago. I think it was the 18th green. We were already on the green when a ball landed close to the fringe (actually, about 20m off). We were a little peeved as it could've hit us. We didn't say anything and just walked off.

At the club house, a guy came along and introduced his son. The father apologized profusely for his son's shot. He said that he didn't think his son could reach the green but obviously underestimated his ability. He asked his son to apologize which his son did though he seemed embarrassed.

I thought that the father's behaviour was pure class. He could've said no more about it. He could have just lectured his son at home. He could have just brushed it off completely. Yet, he showed his son what golfing etiquette really is.

For those who think that golf has degraded itself into a contact sport and gentlemanliness has gone the way of the dodo, this incident proves otherwise. Yes, they may be the exception rather than the rule but it's still a reminder that there are good golfers out there. If we can learn to emulate this especially for our younger generation, there's certainly hope for us (and the sport) Smile

Well said my friend! No matter how others behave, we can always control our own behaviour!

p.s. Please remind urself of above statement after getting hustled by mloy ..... AGAIN

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Fri Dec 09, 2011 8:01 pm

I have had a similar situation whereby a gentlemen whose shot went well over us, came over and shook our hands and apologies. I could never forget such gesture of etiquette.
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4638
Join date : 2010-02-11

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:10 pm

anyway, they gave a brand new meaning to "bury the hachet"
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:13 pm

which club is best suited for defence and which is best suited for offence?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Fri Dec 09, 2011 9:14 pm

Derek wrote:
p.s. Please remind urself of above statement after getting hustled by mloy ..... AGAIN

Excuse me... hustling is ungentlemanly conduct.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
dmateo
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1103
Join date : 2010-09-19
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Fri Dec 09, 2011 10:59 pm

Duval_S wrote:
which club is best suited for defence and which is best suited for offence?
short range = putter
long range = 3 hybrid
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 554
Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:50 am

mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Master wrote:
MC U GOOD!!! PLAY GOLF NEVER JIO....

I AM SO GOING TO GO TO KEPPEL THIS SUNDAY AND K*** your A**

'Premier', 'A' and 'B' Division Medal. You did not qualify. Just like Boo Weekly. Did not make the cut. But still love-able and chubby.


Next Friday PM, Warren, ai mai?

OK.
never mind.
u say like that.
..
..
..
..
i have tape recordings of all our conversation on all our buggy rides..

Then we can see...
Who will be doing the CUTting


Last edited by Master on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Master
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 554
Join date : 2011-02-10

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:50 am

Master wrote:
mUAr_cHEe wrote:
Master wrote:
MC U GOOD!!! PLAY GOLF NEVER JIO....

I AM SO GOING TO GO TO KEPPEL THIS SUNDAY AND K*** your A**

'Premier', 'A' and 'B' Division Medal. You did not qualify. Just like Boo Weekly. Did not make the cut. But still love-able and chubby.


Next Friday PM, Warren, ai mai?

OK.
never mind.
u say like that.
..
..
..
..
i have tape recordings of all our conversation on all our buggy rides..

and also video recording of....
u know
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 914
Join date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:59 am

dmateo wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
which club is best suited for defence and which is best suited for offence?
short range = putter
long range = 3 hybrid

With the increasing use of belly putters, I would say putters should be short range with long range capabilities . lol!

But every misunderstanding should be settled with communication instead of violence. Peace
Back to top Go down
JohnBGLee
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 313
Join date : 2009-09-19
Age : 54
Location : look at my avatar

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:50 am

This game is so demanding both mental and physical. A game that actually see the inner being. Throwing of clubs, flowery languages from almost all professions.

Patience and enjoy this beautiful game that train one's character to the limit.
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2916
Join date : 2009-11-24
Age : 37
Location : Anywhere Comfortable

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Sat Dec 10, 2011 12:58 pm

Golf... brings out the kid in you... and well... in such cases... the results/ outcome and repercussions are not so appealing as an adult... Shocked

haizz... reminds me of the bunch of middle age monkeys I saw yesterday again... No
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:40 pm

alvin7379 wrote:
Golf... brings out the kid in you... and well... in such cases... the results/ outcome and repercussions are not so appealing as an adult... Shocked

haizz... reminds me of the bunch of middle age monkeys I saw yesterday again... No

OI!! Who are you calling middle aged?

Haha... were you referring to the group of folks who brought along a funnel and a tube?

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2916
Join date : 2009-11-24
Age : 37
Location : Anywhere Comfortable

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:42 pm

Technospaz wrote:
alvin7379 wrote:
Golf... brings out the kid in you... and well... in such cases... the results/ outcome and repercussions are not so appealing as an adult... Shocked

haizz... reminds me of the bunch of middle age monkeys I saw yesterday again... No

OI!! Who are you calling middle aged?

Haha... were you referring to the group of folks who brought along a funnel and a tube?

Haha... sensitive man... Those beer drinking guys were just having fun... nothing against them lah...

I was referring to the dinner incident...
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:54 pm

Oooh... I left before dinner. Had to play Dad to a real boy, instead of Sugar Dad to some of those nubians.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Tue Dec 13, 2011 1:47 pm

so ...were there names mentioned?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Kranji Incident   Today at 10:08 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Kranji Incident
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Similar topics
-
» Query about Kranji Golf Course booking
» Anyone has NSRCC Kranji Voucher to give away?
» The Kranji Battle - 24th April (Sunday) - looking for 1 ball
» Want To Giveaway: NSRCC, Kranji WEEKDAY voucher
» Kranji 9 Oct pm

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.