Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Fancy golf bags

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:13 pm

I'm keen on buying a fancy golf bag, i.e. one with more garish colours and is a wee bit bigger. No, it's not the caddy/pro type (like those massive Le Coq Sportif ones). It's just a cart bag. But I wonder whether it's embarrassing to have a fancy bag but still play golf like a monkey, i.e. is it akin to driving a Ferrari at snail's pace?

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:15 pm

who cares...i heard shamusan has another new golf bag( i think he has about 20 golf bags)...orange one from Le Coq Sportif because it was more orange more bright than his puma.

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:20 pm

eiji wrote:
who cares...i heard shamusan has another new golf bag( i think he has about 20 golf bags)...orange one from Le Coq Sportif because it was more orange more bright than his puma.

I also think that Sham plays really good golf and if anyone says otherwise, he'll have to eat one of Sham's bags.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:22 pm

Eiji, you raised a good question...

"Should I even care what people think?"

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:27 pm

looking good and playing well are totally separate matters.

some look like pros but play like hoes...some look like hoes but play like pros.

_________________
Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme 10.5* Ahina 60 R
PRGR EGG Spoon 15* MRC Fubuki Alpha 70S
Adams Super Hybrid XTD 19* MRC Fubuki AH R
Adams A12 Pro 23* GD Tour AD UT85 R
Callaway X Hot Pro 5-PW PX95 5.5
Titleist SM4 50*, 54*, 58* DG Spinner
Scotty Studio Select 2012 Golo 33"
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:30 pm

eiji wrote:
looking good and playing well are totally separate matters.

some look like pros but play like hoes...some look like hoes but play like pros.

Yah, but ain't it sad to fall into the first category.

On the other hand, SB falls into the latter category Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-07-02
Location : Jalan Kayu

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:32 pm

I'm taking it one step at a time.. i choose to look like pro first.. it's easier and faster..
then i'll lean to play like pro.. this one takes a lifetime.. HAHAHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:33 pm

Bro, its yr money, do what you wish and be happy with it. Dont care what other folks say, so long as it pleases you/
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Cyrano wrote:
I'm taking it one step at a time.. i choose to look like pro first.. it's easier and faster..
then i'll lean to play like pro.. this one takes a lifetime.. HAHAHAHAHAHA

You are my bro Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:40 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Bro, its yr money, do what you wish and be happy with it. Dont care what other folks say, so long as it pleases you/

Thanks, KK... I appreciate the feedback Smile

Which reminds me.. when are we going to play a game?

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:43 pm

TS, majority of us go for pro looks first.... Smile. When u feel good, u will play good.
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-07-02
Location : Jalan Kayu

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 pm

but i must admit.. after playing 2 games at Mandai in my color coded attire, i feel overdressed. Now i 'dress-down' when i play there. I wear my old polos.. and track pants. BORING!!!!

On the other hand, if I dress up like a pro and go to a proper golf course to play.. but end up topping every ball.. I'll feel like an idiot also.

Haizzzzz.. what to do.. what to do........ heheheheh
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:47 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I'm keen on buying a fancy golf bag, i.e. one with more garish colours and is a wee bit bigger. No, it's not the caddy/pro type (like those massive Le Coq Sportif ones). It's just a cart bag. But I wonder whether it's embarrassing to have a fancy bag but still play golf like a monkey, i.e. is it akin to driving a Ferrari at snail's pace?



Ouuiii...

R u talking about me????

Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2449
Join date : 2010-05-29
Age : 59
Location : Surabaya

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:55 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
I'm keen on buying a fancy golf bag, i.e. one with more garish colours and is a wee bit bigger. No, it's not the caddy/pro type (like those massive Le Coq Sportif ones). It's just a cart bag. But I wonder whether it's embarrassing to have a fancy bag but still play golf like a monkey, i.e. is it akin to driving a Ferrari at snail's pace?



Ouuiii...

R u talking about me????

Embarassed Embarassed

No Andrew, he is talking about me. Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:01 pm

Actually, I was talking about _the Seasoned Beginner_

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:03 pm

duffader wrote:
TS, majority of us go for pro looks first.... Smile. When u feel good, u will play good.

LOL! You da man Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:00 am

Pro looking back huh.... Looks like I need to put a sticky note on my bag
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:43 am

its ok la

Your golf bag reflect your personality and taste...

golf is a tough game to master. so it takes a lot of effort to improve

i have all the fanciful bags...

coca cola, win win bag X2, dance with dragon bag coming...

but my golf sucks.. keke
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:53 am

andrew-golf wrote:
its ok la

Your golf bag reflect your personality and taste...

golf is a tough game to master. so it takes a lot of effort to improve

i have all the fanciful bags...

coca cola, win win bag X2, dance with dragon bag coming...

but my golf sucks.. keke

Your golf sucks? No'lah!! Don't be modest.

And while we're on this topic, why not sell some of your cool bags? Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:54 am

coke bag, coke bag, coke bag, coke bag, coke bag !!!
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:56 am

Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:00 am

Thoughts on this:



(From ProGolfJapan)

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:02 am

Technospaz wrote:
Thoughts on this:



(From ProGolfJapan)

TS.... Mizuno.. will have to be its trademark colour... White and Blue.... the red just made the bag look dull. Go search for puma standbag, it has 9 inch opening.... and vibrant colours.... I know my wife would let me buy the green one. Smile
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:07 am

duffader wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Thoughts on this:



(From ProGolfJapan)

TS.... Mizuno.. will have to be its trademark colour... White and Blue.... the red just made the bag look dull. Go search for puma standbag, it has 9 inch opening.... and vibrant colours.... I know my wife would let me buy the green one. Smile



Brother, if you like green, check out the dance with dragon lime green cart bag...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:07 am

This one?



(From Fairway Styles)

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fancy golf bags   Today at 12:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
Fancy golf bags
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Sun Mountain Golf Bags
» Adidas Golf Bags
» How many golf bags do u need?
» Which car can put in 4 golf bags???
» LV,Gucci,Chanel, Miu Miu, etc of Golf Bags

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.