Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 118
Join date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:55 pm

Hi

Will like to know more info about MGK membership -

MGK member can enjoy union corporate rates at OCC, I read need to bid in advance? Is this easy to get flights?
Must have 3 or more balls then can book the flight -? What if I am alone or 2 balls, cannot ballot?

Lastly, is MGK membership worthwhile, compared to poh brothers, SSG etc

Thanks for your help Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:23 pm

Hi Kooky,

Yes, MGK members can ballot for a golf pass to play at OCC at corp union rates. As there are more than sufficient golf passes available for all members, the constraint then becomes getting a flight at OCC. Balloting is convenient and can be done online. Please note that golf passes are balloted individually.

As with all member clubs, weekends (whole day Sat and Sun am) are pretty full. However, getting a slot on weekdays or weekend nights is pretty easy.

As for min number to book a flight, that would be up to OCC golf dept. I am not sure if they are willing to match you up if you turn up as a one-ball, but 2 ball on weekdays is usually not an issue. However, please check with them.

The good thing about the MGK privilege is that it is an individual benefit, so a member will enjoy it even if his flightmates are not members.

Some people find MGK membership a bit pricey cos of the pre-requisite to have NTUC membership. However, without the NTUC membership, there is no way to legally enjoy the corp union rate.

As for whether it is worthwhile, that is up to you to decide after comparing the benefits offered by different clubs. All Associate Members of the SGA offer recognized USGA handicaps, so the basic product is equally good for all clubs. It really depends on your needs and where you golf.

p.s. Please note that MGK membership price includes Golf Insurance

p.p.s The MGK website is currently down but will be up by tomorrow evening (upgrading) so pls PM me if you need more details on member benefits.


_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:28 pm

I want but...............????!!!!
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 814
Join date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:36 pm

It was a hassle to play OCC for me i gave UP MGK, must ballot, take card from Union house la,
end joining Poresia can play any time i want and its cheaper, 2 ball can play on weekdays.

Can play Blue tee, enjoy the scenery. playing in SG is just too expensive!!
Unless u join as memebers, also very expensive. Play JB Best!!!


Last edited by iron eagle on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 118
Join date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:43 pm

Derek wrote:
Hi Kooky,

Yes, MGK members can ballot for a golf pass to play at OCC at corp union rates. As there are more than sufficient golf passes available for all members, the constraint then becomes getting a flight at OCC. Balloting is convenient and can be done online. Please note that golf passes are balloted individually.

As with all member clubs, weekends (whole day Sat and Sun am) are pretty full. However, getting a slot on weekdays or weekend nights is pretty easy.

As for min number to book a flight, that would be up to OCC golf dept. I am not sure if they are willing to match you up if you turn up as a one-ball, but 2 ball on weekdays is usually not an issue. However, please check with them.

The good thing about the MGK privilege is that it is an individual benefit, so a member will enjoy it even if his flightmates are not members.

Some people find MGK membership a bit pricey cos of the pre-requisite to have NTUC membership. However, without the NTUC membership, there is no way to legally enjoy the corp union rate.

As for whether it is worthwhile, that is up to you to decide after comparing the benefits offered by different clubs. All Associate Members of the SGA offer recognized USGA handicaps, so the basic product is equally good for all clubs. It really depends on your needs and where you golf.

p.s. Please note that MGK membership price includes Golf Insurance

p.p.s The MGK website is currently down but will be up by tomorrow evening (upgrading) so pls PM me if you need more details on member benefits.


Thanks Derek,

Am I right to say that I must

Ballot for a pass first
then
Call OCC golf dept to book a flight.

Does the golf pass have a date tied to it - how long does it last?

Thanks so much
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:48 pm

MGk member can book one week in advance

Generally ballot pass quite aplenty. The MGk website allow one to see how many are available. Typically I chk pass availability first then quickly check fir flt availability.

The pass is valid for that day only.

Back to top Go down
kooky
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 118
Join date : 2009-07-22

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:58 pm

Duval_S wrote:
MGk member can book one week in advance

Generally ballot pass quite aplenty. The MGk website allow one to see how many are available. Typically I chk pass availability first then quickly check fir flt availability.

The pass is valid for that day only.


Oh okay. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:09 am

Hi Kooky,

I would advise you to get the flight at OCC first, then go online and apply and pay for the golf pass. As I mentioned previously, more than enough passes.

The golf pass is valid for that day only.

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
golf_snowman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2851
Join date : 2009-07-16
Age : 44
Location : Dreamland

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:24 am

hi Derek

could you advise me the membership fee to join MGK and NTUC membership fee ?
if i wanted to transfer my current hcap, how should i go about it ?

thank you


Last edited by golf_snowman on Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
garylin
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2010-11-01
Age : 31
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:45 am

How do we join too? First step NTUC union? Can apply at NTUC?
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:22 am

garylin wrote:
How do we join too? First step NTUC union? Can apply at NTUC?

Is it possible to join MGK without NTUC membership?
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-04-21
Age : 76
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:12 am

iron eagle wrote:
It was a hassle to play OCC for me i gave UP MGK, must ballot, take card from Union house la,
end joining Poresia can play any time i want and its cheaper, 2 ball can play on weekdays.

Can play Blue tee, enjoy the scenery. playing in SG is just too expensive!!
Unless u join as memebers, also very expensive. Play JB Best!!!

On the contrary I found it no hassle at all for OCC playing.
Ballot - online - can do with my phone. Timing and availability of golf pass? No issue - very often I forgot to ballot and only do last minute previous night or on the day itself (playing at 8, ballot at 6am coz I forget). Still have golf pass even for Sat and Sun. payment online, no need to collect anything as they're automatically sent to the system of OCC.

True it's expensive playing in Singapore, but really, considering everything (condition etc) ... still some value there.
Btw I play poresia as well so this is not about that....
Back to top Go down
DimWit Kid
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-04-21
Age : 76
Location : Somewhere over the rainbow

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:14 am

simoner wrote:
garylin wrote:
How do we join too? First step NTUC union? Can apply at NTUC?

Is it possible to join MGK without NTUC membership?

As Derek said - can't. NTUC membership can apply online la.. then wait for them to send you your card. or go to ntuc at orq there.... fee is something like 90+ or so? Ah forgot - check the NTUC website - everything's there.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:17 am

Derek,

Not sure if this was raised before. I'm keen on Associate Membership but my handicap is maintained overseas (not a local club). Is that an issue?

When I try to complete the form, it only prompts me for Ordinary membership Sad

TS

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 am

Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Derek,

Not sure if this was raised before. I'm keen on Associate Membership but my handicap is maintained overseas (not a local club). Is that an issue?

When I try to complete the form, it only prompts me for Ordinary membership Sad

TS

what did you state in the HCP section....??? that could be the reason
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:03 am

Duval_S wrote:
Quote :
Technospaz wrote:
Derek,

Not sure if this was raised before. I'm keen on Associate Membership but my handicap is maintained overseas (not a local club). Is that an issue?

When I try to complete the form, it only prompts me for Ordinary membership Sad

TS

what did you state in the HCP section....??? that could be the reason

It prompted me for an overseas club name (which I entered) and I didn't check the box which asks if I wanted MGK to maintain my handicap (which I don't).

Yet I'm still made to be an Ordinary member.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?   Today at 2:09 pm

Back to top Go down
 
how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» how does my golf kaki (MGK) work?
» Golf Kaki
» My Golf Kaki Golf Academy - OCC
» Cerebos - my golf kaki Christmas Medal 23rd Dec at TMCC
» join ntuc my golf kaki

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.