Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
SqualLegend
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Thu Jan 19, 2012 8:57 pm

Hi all!

I'd like to know if there are exceptional country clubs which restrict entry to only members? - I wanna try out ranges I never been to bounce

And regarding golf membership, are we allowed to pay by installments - if so, how long?
Back to top Go down
Kengnam
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 898
Join date : 2011-10-21
Age : 41
Location : Reading Green

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:37 pm

Go for NSRCC,installment 1 year for me.
Back to top Go down
Kenneth
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 71
Join date : 2011-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:55 pm

JCC ~$66k, 3 years installment.
Back to top Go down
SqualLegend
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:42 pm

Are you allowed to choose the tenure of the installments?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:54 am

Squal... you can.. if you take a loan from the bank.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:34 am

The thing about coubtry clubs is you have to find a member to
Vouch for your character as a prerequisite for application. So
If you don't know anyone in the club it can be quite a hassle
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:36 am

Yes and the training facilities at Sicc tmcc and even Sentosa are top notch
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2668
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 35
Location : Pasir Gudang / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:07 am

Bangla123 wrote:
The thing about coubtry clubs is you have to find a member to
Vouch for your character as a prerequisite for application. So
If you don't know anyone in the club it can be quite a hassle
Need to meh?

I didn't have anyone vouch for me when I got my membership
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:37 am

JonL_TK wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
The thing about coubtry clubs is you have to find a member to
Vouch for your character as a prerequisite for application. So
If you don't know anyone in the club it can be quite a hassle
Need to meh?

I didn't have anyone vouch for me when I got my membership

Did you happen to fan yourself with the stack of brown notes similar to Agumon's avatar, while waiting to be served at the club?
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:23 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
The thing about coubtry clubs is you have to find a member to
Vouch for your character as a prerequisite for application. So
If you don't know anyone in the club it can be quite a hassle
Need to meh?

I didn't have anyone vouch for me when I got my membership

Well for starters, were you a junior member? I encountered this in the application forms for both Sicc and tmcc
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2668
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 35
Location : Pasir Gudang / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:34 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
The thing about coubtry clubs is you have to find a member to
Vouch for your character as a prerequisite for application. So
If you don't know anyone in the club it can be quite a hassle
Need to meh?

I didn't have anyone vouch for me when I got my membership

Did you happen to fan yourself with the stack of brown notes similar to Agumon's avatar, while waiting to be served at the club?

Hahaha... No leh!
I was fanning myself with the Palm leaf...
Back to top Go down
JonL_TK
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2668
Join date : 2009-12-23
Age : 35
Location : Pasir Gudang / Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:36 pm

Bangla123 wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
The thing about coubtry clubs is you have to find a member to
Vouch for your character as a prerequisite for application. So
If you don't know anyone in the club it can be quite a hassle
Need to meh?

I didn't have anyone vouch for me when I got my membership

Well for starters, were you a junior member? I encountered this in the application forms for both Sicc and tmcc

Yes... I was a Junior member at TMCC.
I bought my membership from the open market about 8 years after I gave up my junior membership.

Are you a member of TMCC now?
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:55 pm

JonL_TK wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
The thing about coubtry clubs is you have to find a member to
Vouch for your character as a prerequisite for application. So
If you don't know anyone in the club it can be quite a hassle
Need to meh?

I didn't have anyone vouch for me when I got my membership

Well for starters, were you a junior member? I encountered this in the application forms for both Sicc and tmcc

Yes... I was a Junior member at TMCC.
I bought my membership from the open market about 8 years after I gave up my junior membership.

Are you a member of TMCC now?

Which explains why you didn't need to get anyone to be your referral . I was , sold it off to buy Sgc. It was getting too far a drive from my place
Back to top Go down
SqualLegend
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 13
Join date : 2012-01-18

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:55 pm

what are the most valued country club memberships in singapore?
Back to top Go down
and68low
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 915
Join date : 2009-11-20
Age : 56
Location : bukit

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:12 pm

Bangla123 wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
The thing about coubtry clubs is you have to find a member to
Vouch for your character as a prerequisite for application. So
If you don't know anyone in the club it can be quite a hassle
Need to meh?

I didn't have anyone vouch for me when I got my membership

Well for starters, were you a junior member? I encountered this in the application forms for both Sicc and tmcc

Yes... I was a Junior member at TMCC.
I bought my membership from the open market about 8 years after I gave up my junior membership.

Are you a member of TMCC now?

Which explains why you didn't need to get anyone to be your referral . I was , sold it off to buy Sgc. It was getting too far a drive from my place


Rubbish ! even if you are a junior conversion, you still need to have proposal and seconder (means referrer)
Well, if you have that kind of money to buy SICC or TMCC getting a referrer shouldn't be an issue anyway!
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:13 pm

and68low wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
JonL_TK wrote:
Bangla123 wrote:
The thing about coubtry clubs is you have to find a member to
Vouch for your character as a prerequisite for application. So
If you don't know anyone in the club it can be quite a hassle
Need to meh?

I didn't have anyone vouch for me when I got my membership

Well for starters, were you a junior member? I encountered this in the application forms for both Sicc and tmcc

Yes... I was a Junior member at TMCC.
I bought my membership from the open market about 8 years after I gave up my junior membership.

Are you a member of TMCC now?

Which explains why you didn't need to get anyone to be your referral . I was , sold it off to buy Sgc. It was getting too far a drive from my place


Rubbish ! even if you are a junior conversion, you still need to have proposal and seconder (means referrer)
Well, if you have that kind of money to buy SICC or TMCC getting a referrer shouldn't be an issue anyway!

Well then maybe he is just special rendeer
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:32 pm

SqualLegend wrote:
what are the most valued country club memberships in singapore?


SGC
SICC
TMCC
Back to top Go down
duffader
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5599
Join date : 2010-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:47 pm

Most valued should be the one when you have the most kakis to play with.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships   Today at 3:54 am

Back to top Go down
 
Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Regarding Entry to country clubs & Golf memberships
» Cobra golf clubs
» Orchid Country Club (Weekday Golf)
» Where to look for Golf Memberships for Sale
» Sembawang Country Club

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Courses and Ranges-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.