Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:17 pm

Hi,

not an issue of adding more balls, but having the 5 balls together in one flight... all VIPs...

Planning of bringing them into JB to play... so, can I request for such a tee-off arrangement? Or i juz act blur, let the two flights "conveniently" collapse into one at the tee-off box?
Back to top Go down
grooveballer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...   Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:44 pm

I'm not sure about JB, but I came across some courses in Batam allow 6 balls in one flight during specific tee-off times during weekdays.
Back to top Go down
Lamts18
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:03 pm

JB ... i dont think so .... but Batam and Thailand is ok .... i have tried it ....
Back to top Go down
Salty Dog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...   Tue Sep 29, 2009 5:31 pm

i have done it in Thailand. But extremely slow though, i don't think you will enjoy it. Too much waiting for each other.
Back to top Go down
mervyntan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...   Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:47 pm

KopiO,

go during weekday morning periods, where there are less people.. some kopi money for the marshals if you kena caught, tell them VIP, tolong abit, and it is possible..

otherwise, just act blur and combine flight..

i did it before once with some korean guests who came to SG.. we told them at the counter.. and after abit of negotiation, it was OK... but i think the best way is to buat bodoh, and just combine at the teeebox.

last time my friends used to register individually, so everyone got their own individual buggy, so u can see 3 or 4 buggies driving around in 1 hole.. haha..
Back to top Go down
suj
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...   Tue Sep 29, 2009 7:00 pm

I would hate to be the flight behind a 5 or 6 baller!!!!! especially if they are all newbies
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...   Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:02 pm

thanks for all the replies!

dun worry, sui, i will definitely let you pass if you are behind me... ;-P
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...   Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:07 pm

there are some courses in thailand that allow 6 balls on weekend...

with the caddies and gallery if pros are playing, it can be quite a crowd...imagine 10 buggies on one hole.....6 for the players and caddies and 4 for the gallery.

Pros are in black, white/orange and green....

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...   Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:34 pm

Wah liau, i think the marshall would be checking them rather than doing marshaling.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...   Today at 5:52 am

Back to top Go down

Can I have a flight of 5 balls? Not in Singapore of course...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1