Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 so does facial hair help in Golf?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:11 am

since the last President cup, there was talk that many had grown facial hair eg. Geoff....

recently Rock has facial hair and won the Abu dhabi....

anyways, I am shying fm shaving for my 8th game
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2916
Join date : 2009-11-24
Age : 37
Location : Anywhere Comfortable

PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:24 am

I Usually keep myself well groomed... but my facial hairs grows after the game.... cos too dejected to shave... Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:45 am

Yes, the facial hair is key. It provides aerodynamic advantages when swinging the club.

My problem, however, is two-fold:

1. I don't keep facial hair. No, eyebrows don't count.
2. Any benefit I might gain in facial hair are countered in totality by the aerodynamic imbalance of my tummy.

Sigh.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 689
Join date : 2010-08-25
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:53 am

Yes, it does help with the driver ~ check with Ghoonk, he would know best........

Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:57 am

Vinny wrote:
Yes, it does help with the driver ~ check with Ghoonk, he would know best........


unless you tell him that we want to borrow his driver and by the way, water on the left... ROFL
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3623
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 45
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:21 pm

Duval_S wrote:
since the last President cup, there was talk that many had grown facial hair eg. Geoff....

recently Rock has facial hair and won the Abu dhabi....

anyways, I am shying fm shaving for my 8th game


DS, hopefully my team mates will have enough holes to pluck for you on 8th Feb as game over..LOL
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 40
Location : Smelly Island

PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:38 pm

no shave, more rugged, more women look at you, clean shaven like white tiger, no women like. more women looking at you, more you wanna play your best. all men have egos. Laughing
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 764
Join date : 2010-01-27
Age : 52
Location : Metro Manila, Philippines

PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:48 pm

golfnut wrote:
no shave, more rugged, more women look at you, clean shaven like white tiger, no women like. more women looking at you, more you wanna play your best. all men have egos. Laughing

No offense meant but I think most women prefer clean shaven

Unless you belong to the Middle Eastern countries, who has no choice but to settle with "Goat-like" Men...like Osama Bin Laden...LOL

Women in general prefer

Men who looks clean...
Men who appears "Nice Smelling"
Men who looks Gentleman....

Like James Bond or Brad Pitt type

For Rugged Looks...

I think they prefer those Vin Diesel types


Having those beards can work both ways...it can be ticklish or its can carry germs and bacteria....and may create skin rashes for our lady partners

just my 5 cent idea
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/pnchung
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 402
Join date : 2009-08-29
Age : 42

PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:37 pm

Duval_S wrote:
since the last President cup, there was talk that many had grown facial hair eg. Geoff....

recently Rock has facial hair and won the Abu dhabi....

anyways, I am shying fm shaving for my 8th game

Bro, you mean like my avatar facial hair? It helps? scratch
Back to top Go down
Ant
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 234
Join date : 2009-09-14
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:45 pm

LinLauPeh wrote:
Duval_S wrote:
since the last President cup, there was talk that many had grown facial hair eg. Geoff....

recently Rock has facial hair and won the Abu dhabi....

anyways, I am shying fm shaving for my 8th game

Bro, you mean like my avatar facial hair? It helps? scratch

KNS...!
Back to top Go down
golfnut
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 40
Location : Smelly Island

PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:54 am

HyBriD wrote:
golfnut wrote:
no shave, more rugged, more women look at you, clean shaven like white tiger, no women like. more women looking at you, more you wanna play your best. all men have egos. Laughing

No offense meant but I think most women prefer clean shaven

Unless you belong to the Middle Eastern countries, who has no choice but to settle with "Goat-like" Men...like Osama Bin Laden...LOL

Women in general prefer

Men who looks clean...
Men who appears "Nice Smelling"
Men who looks Gentleman....

Like James Bond or Brad Pitt type

For Rugged Looks...

I think they prefer those Vin Diesel types


Having those beards can work both ways...it can be ticklish or its can carry germs and bacteria....and may create skin rashes for our lady partners

just my 5 cent idea

No worries bro. I am all good. Smile
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:02 am

Vinny wrote:
Yes, it does help with the driver ~ check with Ghoonk, he would know best........


I ve to agreed w Vinny. Very Happy
I ve witnessed durg our last game! cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: so does facial hair help in Golf?   Today at 6:18 pm

Back to top Go down
 
so does facial hair help in Golf?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» What's up with facial hair?
» Golf Attire
» OOB GOlf
» My New Toy - the RC golf trolley
» Golf in Desaru or East Coast Malaysia

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.