Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

putter nightmare

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:14 pm

had a putting nightmare yesterday. out of 18 holes, i had my ball roll around the cup before coming out and resting at the side of the hole in 7 of the hole. 1 was for a birdie, 4 was for par and 2 was for bogey and they were all from 6-8 feet range. really affected my overall game. has anyone ever had this experience before and dont mind sharing whether it affects your game at all?

thanks
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:28 pm

willbudiman wrote:
had a putting nightmare yesterday. out of 18 holes, i had my ball roll around the cup before coming out and resting at the side of the hole in 7 of the hole. 1 was for a birdie, 4 was for par and 2 was for bogey and they were all from 6-8 feet range.

I only have nightmares about bad tee shots killing other golfers. None involving putting.

Haven't had those dreams for a while. In all likelihood, it was probably caused by a too heavy dinner. Best not to worry too much about it and enjoy the game!
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:31 pm

bro kwannick, its not a dream..it actually happened yesterday afternoon at the course. couldn't sleep last night thinking about the what ifs.. Mad
Back to top Go down
gingerus
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:32 pm

happens to me alot of times...i guess its due to bad control of strength for me
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:35 pm

happens to me a lot of times but mostly only once or twice in a game..but 7 times..mann..i guess it just wasnt my day Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:54 pm

S**t happens man, it will be a cause for concern when that happens for the next couple of games. If its a 1 off ~ then I would attribute it as a bad day at the "office"...... BTW, do you allocate any time on the practice greens?

If you hardly spend time on the greens practicing than there's no grounds for complaints ~ no offence......

Beer
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:57 pm

not exactly practice green, more practice mat Razz ..i guess its more of a bad day at the office..or maybe its becos of a new putter? Laughing
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:57 pm

One name for you.

ZEN......
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:06 pm

not going to change my putter anytime soon i think..just switched from scotty cali monterey to a seemore sb1w..liked the feel better in the seemore..out of the 5 times i played with it, have scored some amazing putts that my scotty has never done before. gonna give it a couple more mths before mabe considering zen Wink. like they say, blame the equipment, not the player Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:07 pm

nientsu wrote:
One name for you.

ZEN......

Second that my brother ~ ZEN is the way to go
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:10 pm

willbudiman wrote:
not going to change my putter anytime soon i think..just switched from scotty cali monterey to a seemore sb1w..liked the feel better in the seemore..out of the 5 times i played with it, have scored some amazing putts that my scotty has never done before. gonna give it a couple more mths before mabe considering zen Wink. like they say, blame the equipment, not the player Laughing

BTW, do you note down your putting stats for your games ~ its a good indication if its the "indian" or "arrow" for your evaluation

What a Face Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
kwannick
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:15 pm

willbudiman wrote:
happens to me a lot of times but mostly only once or twice in a game..but 7 times..mann..i guess it just wasnt my day

Thats jialatz man. Happened to me maybe 3 or 4 times on my last game. Straight putt, popped out other side even when it looked like it was going in. Line breaking left, ball curving towards the hole also popped out. *Sighhhzzz*

Was almost seduced by the feel of a TP Mills but decided to stick with my SC for time being..

ZEN putter really so tok kong ah? I read that name a lot here and have even played with a couple of guys welding ZEN flat sticks.
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:19 pm

Vinny wrote:
willbudiman wrote:

BTW, do you note down your putting stats for your games ~ its a good indication if its the "indian" or "arrow" for your evaluation

What a Face Twisted Evil

yesterday's game, i had 36 putts Evil or Very Mad thats what made me stressed out..on avg i have 2 putts per game depending on my short game accuracy on that day..had 2 1-putt incl. a birdie, and 2 3-putts which evens out the avg putt per hole

bro kwannick,

we both must have done smthg wrong for the cup to hate us so much. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:22 pm

kwannick wrote:
willbudiman wrote:
happens to me a lot of times but mostly only once or twice in a game..but 7 times..mann..i guess it just wasnt my day

Thats jialatz man. Happened to me maybe 3 or 4 times on my last game. Straight putt, popped out other side even when it looked like it was going in. Line breaking left, ball curving towards the hole also popped out. *Sighhhzzz*

Was almost seduced by the feel of a TP Mills but decided to stick with my SC for time being..

ZEN putter really so tok kong ah? I read that name a lot here and have even played with a couple of guys welding ZEN flat sticks.

Its the flat stick for you if you are a believer in having groves on your putter face ~ tried & tested between a YES & ZEN, the roll difference is pretty obvious in keeping to your line of putt. 1 thing's for sure, you'll never roll short of the cup with a ZEN.

Swing
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:27 pm

willbudiman wrote:
Vinny wrote:
willbudiman wrote:

What a Face Twisted Evil

yesterday's game, i had 36 putts Evil or Very Mad thats what made me stressed out..on avg i have 2 putts per game depending on my short game accuracy on that day..had 2 1-putt incl. a birdie, and 2 3-putts which evens out the avg putt per hole

bro kwannick,

36 is a decent number by amateur standards ~ that's if you're playing weekend warrior golf. Having read what you've put up so far on your putting ~ I would attribute it to bad day at the office.....

good putt
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:29 pm

just a monica lewinski day bro...better luck next time
Back to top Go down
mox
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:29 pm

hmm..Zen really lives up to it ah?

i'm thinking of getting a new putter...
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:31 pm

Vinny wrote:
willbudiman wrote:
Vinny wrote:
willbudiman wrote:

What a Face Twisted Evil

bro kwannick,

36 is a decent number by amateur standards ~ that's if you're playing weekend warrior golf. Having read what you've put up so far on your putting ~ I would attribute it to bad day at the office.....

good putt

maybe somehow i set my standards too high Twisted Evil thanks for the encouraging words bro vinny Wink
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:35 pm

Lost my feel for putting over the last few months of last year. even had problems with 3 footers.

Was starting to blame everything under the sun except myself. Until I forced myself to "relearn" my putting again from scratch with my instructor and keeping it simple. and also practice and practice and practice.
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:39 pm

Winston wrote:
Lost my feel for putting over the last few months of last year. even had problems with 3 footers.

Was starting to blame everything under the sun except myself. Until I forced myself to "relearn" my putting again from scratch with my instructor and keeping it simple. and also practice and practice and practice.

bro winston,
had those moments too where everything seems wrong. what i do normally is, take my mind off golf for a few days, meaning no practicing, no watching, no talking and of course no playing of golf. it will somehow reset my mind from the mistakes and go back to basics again when i play or practice. sort of a mental block i suppose
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:40 pm

Winston wrote:

Bro,

Its got to do with your signature pics ~ 1 MAJOR DISTRACTION affraid Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Shocked

How's the weather in HCM??
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:42 pm

mox wrote:
hmm..Zen really lives up to it ah?

i'm thinking of getting a new putter...

where else can you buy a forged putter and receive a tour standard putting lesson to go along with it?

I'm just waiting for 2013 models to arrive.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:43 pm

willbudiman wrote:
Winston wrote:

bro winston,
had those moments too where everything seems wrong. what i do normally is, take my mind off golf for a few days, meaning no practicing, no watching, no talking and of course no playing of golf. it will somehow reset my mind from the mistakes and go back to basics again when i play or practice. sort of a mental block i suppose

You reckon it has anything to do with your setup ~ this issue is often my concern for the first 3 ~ 5 holes in a round. Getting out of bed on the wrong side in the morning, putting on your shoes on the wrong side 1st

ROFL
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:43 pm

kwannick wrote:
willbudiman wrote:
had a putting nightmare yesterday. out of 18 holes, i had my ball roll around the cup before coming out and resting at the side of the hole in 7 of the hole. 1 was for a birdie, 4 was for par and 2 was for bogey and they were all from 6-8 feet range.

I only have nightmares about bad tee shots killing other golfers. None involving putting.

Haven't had those dreams for a while. In all likelihood, it was probably caused by a too heavy dinner. Best not to worry too much about it and enjoy the game!

Bro kwannick, tell me abt yr flight no if we re playg GR charity game or mthy medals k. I ll put myself behind yr tee off fr sure. Hehehe afro
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:46 pm

Heres my low down on Zen

Firstly, its not a miracle putter fallen from heaven.

Work has to be done WITH it. When u have a appt with the Zen-meister Eric. He will spend about an hour with you on how you putt, what is your master arm and master eye. And through the process he will give you drills and calmimg techniques for you to practise. Also, he will fit the putter according to your height and putting stance.

For me the putter only worked after I worked on the drills Eric asked me to do, and correctly employing the calmimg techniques. I had probs with it initially as all my balls tend to roll too much. Had to go back to re-adjust my putter a few times as well.

Its only after about 6 weeks that the putter begin to work for me. And after 1 year and 2 months, i havent looked back since.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Today at 9:38 pm

Back to top Go down

putter nightmare
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next