Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

putter nightmare

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:50 pm

Winston wrote:
Lost my feel for putting over the last few months of last year. even had problems with 3 footers.

Was starting to blame everything under the sun except myself. Until I forced myself to "relearn" my putting again from scratch with my instructor and keeping it simple. and also practice and practice and practice.

3 footers!!! Suspect
Bro Winston, better re-set yr avatar liao! lol!
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

Vinny wrote:
Winston wrote:
Lost my feel for putting over the last few months of last year. even had problems with 3 footers.

Was starting to blame everything under the sun except myself. Until I forced myself to "relearn" my putting again from scratch with my instructor and keeping it simple. and also practice and practice and practice.

Bro,

Its got to do with your signature pics ~ 1 MAJOR DISTRACTION affraid Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Shocked

How's the weather in HCM??

THe weather is ok. Starting to get hotter.
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

nientsu wrote:
Heres my low down on Zen

Firstly, its not a miracle putter fallen from heaven.

Work has to be done WITH it. When u have a appt with the Zen-meister Eric. He will spend about an hour with you on how you putt, what is your master arm and master eye. And through the process he will give you drills and calmimg techniques for you to practise. Also, he will fit the putter according to your height and putting stance.

For me the putter only worked after I worked on the drills Eric asked me to do, and correctly employing the calmimg techniques. I had probs with it initially as all my balls tend to roll too much. Had to go back to re-adjust my putter a few times as well.

Its only after about 6 weeks that the putter begin to work for me. And after 1 year and 2 months, i havent looked back since.

Can lay testament to that with the putt in from the apron ~ 25 feet away.

So you giving me 3 - 4 the next time we play?? (just to hustle & detract a bit)

Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Vinny wrote:
willbudiman wrote:
Winston wrote:

bro winston,
had those moments too where everything seems wrong. what i do normally is, take my mind off golf for a few days, meaning no practicing, no watching, no talking and of course no playing of golf. it will somehow reset my mind from the mistakes and go back to basics again when i play or practice. sort of a mental block i suppose

You reckon it has anything to do with your setup ~ this issue is often my concern for the first 3 ~ 5 holes in a round. Getting out of bed on the wrong side in the morning, putting on your shoes on the wrong side 1st

ROFL

how about choosing the wrong outfit for the day bro vinny? ROFL
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:52 pm

Winston wrote:
Vinny wrote:
Winston wrote:

Bro,

Its got to do with your signature pics ~ 1 MAJOR DISTRACTION affraid Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Shocked

Hotter weather = more ball roll OR is it the women that's "hot-ing" up the ambiance.......

Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:53 pm

Vinny,

Ball rolling better. strating to putt with a flater left wrist than compared to last time. HAve been sticking to it for 3 months. Finally beared results. After 2.5 yrs of playing golf, finally had not 1 but 2 birdies....also as the new year celebrations are slowing down and people are getting back to work, "things" are getting hotter here..... Twisted Evil

Last edited by Winston on Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:56 pm

willbudiman wrote:
Vinny wrote:
willbudiman wrote:
Winston wrote:

bro winston,
had those moments too where everything seems wrong. what i do normally is, take my mind off golf for a few days, meaning no practicing, no watching, no talking and of course no playing of golf. it will somehow reset my mind from the mistakes and go back to basics again when i play or practice. sort of a mental block i suppose

You reckon it has anything to do with your setup ~ this issue is often my concern for the first 3 ~ 5 holes in a round. Getting out of bed on the wrong side in the morning, putting on your shoes on the wrong side 1st

ROFL

Hey,

That's a good possibility as well ~ shirt too tight restricting shoulder turn, golf shorts too tight for correct partitioning comfort, not the correct shade of RED on a Sunday........

lol!
Back to top Go down
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:01 pm

Vinny wrote:
willbudiman wrote:
Vinny wrote:
willbudiman wrote:
Winston wrote:

bro winston,

ROFL

Hey,

That's a good possibility as well ~ shirt too tight restricting shoulder turn, golf shorts too tight for correct partitioning comfort, not the correct shade of RED on a Sunday........

lol!

i always thought that yellow and pink were my lucky colours and green isnt. does it have smthg to do with me wearing a black with green stitching shirt yesterday? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:16 pm

Winston wrote:
Vinny wrote:
Winston wrote:

Bro,

I am right here in HCM now. I just got back to the Hotel. I though it going to rain this morning but it did not. Just like Winston mention, getting hot
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:43 am

Steve...what is getting hot, the weather or the action?
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:31 pm

DGman wrote:

Eric ... Both la ... The day is hot and night suppose to be cool but the place I go in the night gone hotter ( confused ) ROFL

One thing for sure, the traffic is light. My travel distance got faster then usual, maybe many folks have not return from the CNY holiday yet. Beer
Back to top Go down
HyBriD
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Sat Feb 04, 2012 2:59 pm

willbudiman wrote:
had a putting nightmare yesterday. out of 18 holes, i had my ball roll around the cup before coming out and resting at the side of the hole in 7 of the hole. 1 was for a birdie, 4 was for par and 2 was for bogey and they were all from 6-8 feet range. really affected my overall game. has anyone ever had this experience before and dont mind sharing whether it affects your game at all?

thanks

Bro,

you should learn to let go.

There are days when things don't worked.

You must let go of these bad memories and mentally say...

"ERASE...ERASE....ERASE"

and mentally affirm and say...

I am a good Golfer & Putter!!!
Back to top Go down
http://facebook.com/pnchung
willbudiman
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:41 pm

HyBriD wrote:
willbudiman wrote:
had a putting nightmare yesterday. out of 18 holes, i had my ball roll around the cup before coming out and resting at the side of the hole in 7 of the hole. 1 was for a birdie, 4 was for par and 2 was for bogey and they were all from 6-8 feet range. really affected my overall game. has anyone ever had this experience before and dont mind sharing whether it affects your game at all?

thanks

Bro,

you should learn to let go.

There are days when things don't worked.

You must let go of these bad memories and mentally say...

"ERASE...ERASE....ERASE"

and mentally affirm and say...

I am a good Golfer & Putter!!!

happened again today..but only 3 times cheers

thanks bro HyBriD for the encouragement Wink
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:20 am

Slicer51 wrote:
DGman wrote:

Eric ... Both la ... The day is hot and night suppose to be cool but the place I go in the night gone hotter ( confused ) ROFL

One thing for sure, the traffic is light. My travel distance got faster then usual, maybe many folks have not return from the CNY holiday yet. Beer

sorry as this is a putter nightmare thread, i mean putting action....what were you thinking about?

haha......
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Slicer51
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:21 am

hahaha .. you got me this time. my bad ROFL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: putter nightmare   Today at 10:36 pm

Back to top Go down