Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Beware of slow players

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:59 pm

How a golf fight starts...

Back to top Go down
mi5trooper
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 297
Join date : 2012-01-30
Location : singapore

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:28 pm

don't scare newbie like me leh. i am super slow lor. o no... better go play at odd hours in odd location. :-)
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:22 pm

Hmmmm......jut wondering how GRians deal with slow play in front and yet maintain their momentum to golf? I.e what to do while waiting for front flights to clear to maintain focus and ball striking?
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 184
Join date : 2011-07-16
Age : 30
Location : Batam, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:51 pm

asahi wrote:
Hmmmm......jut wondering how GRians deal with slow play in front and yet maintain their momentum to golf? I.e what to do while waiting for front flights to clear to maintain focus and ball striking?

 if it's social play with friends, catch up a lil bit, have a chat, have a laugh, have a break, have a kit kat and perhaps some asahi or I'd prefer corona Smile

More importantly though, whatever you do while waiting, you have to make sure you get back into the zone again and ready to go when the front is clear


Last edited by 9points on Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 343
Join date : 2013-04-28
Age : 44
Location : Where there's large patches of Green :-)

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:25 pm

asahi wrote:
Hmmmm......jut wondering how GRians deal with slow play in front and yet maintain their momentum to golf? I.e what to do while waiting for front flights to clear to maintain focus and ball striking?

Whenever this happens, just try to keep calm and not get agitated about it or it'll screw up your tempo. No point getting flustered over the slow players.

What I do is to catch up with flight mates, chat a bit, yet running thorough the next shot through the head. 

When the front clears up, stick to my usual shot routine to maintain my tempo....

:-)
Back to top Go down
Winston
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1723
Join date : 2009-08-18
Age : 42
Location : 19th Hole

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sat Jul 13, 2013 7:45 pm

asahi wrote:
Hmmmm......jut wondering how GRians deal with slow play in front and yet maintain their momentum to golf? I.e what to do while waiting for front flights to clear to maintain focus and ball striking?

 Here in HCMC, have a beer, do practice swing, grumble to each other about the slow play, and ask the caddy for her phone number.....
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sat Jul 13, 2013 8:38 pm

I played with a slow player once.  He is old and big but what can I say.  Ask him to move faster, he then tell me back..."Do you mind?"

Sigh.... tong until 18th hole...
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:48 pm

Winston wrote:
asahi wrote:
Hmmmm......jut wondering how GRians deal with slow play in front and yet maintain their momentum to golf? I.e what to do while waiting for front flights to clear to maintain focus and ball striking?

 Here in HCMC, have a beer, do practice swing, grumble to each other about the slow play, and ask the caddy for her phone number.....

 hiaz Winston.....if only we have the kind of caddies here locally, then different story. hahahaha

But seriously, the chilling part while waiting is fine. But the thing is how to get back 'into the zone', especially if one was playing well before the long wait....
Back to top Go down
lohchunkhai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:59 pm

i think i would just wait. i mean maybe the front flight is having difficulty in locating the ball or something liddat or perhaps they are new to golf. i believe that everyone of us has gone through the process of having a difficult time to find the ball in a course when we were newbie rite. guess we shud be more introspective Smile
Back to top Go down
lohchunkhai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:00 pm

as the pace of the game is concerned , i think what we can do is just to practise swing , make sure that the momentum isnt lost and enjoy the scenery Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:18 pm

lohchunkhai wrote:
i think i would just wait. i mean maybe the front flight is having difficulty in locating the ball or something liddat or perhaps they are new to golf. i believe that everyone of us has gone through the process of having a difficult time to find the ball in a course when we were newbie rite. guess we shud be more introspective Smile

 Errrr......there is a time limit for this yea.....

Not about newbie or old bird but there are certain etiquette to observe when out on the course; keeping to pace being one of them.
Back to top Go down
lohchunkhai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sun Jul 14, 2013 1:25 pm

to me it doesnt reli matter i guess. as long as it wouldnot take more than one hour i would practise patience Smile
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 624
Join date : 2011-12-21
Location : back lonkang

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:04 pm

lohchunkhai wrote:
to me it doesnt reli matter i guess. as long as it wouldnot take more than one hour i would practise patience Smile
hi bro lohchunkhai, could u kindly clarify. 1 hr extra per 18 hole?

Can any bros clarify if this time-keeping official or just set by individual golf courses? Tq.
Back to top Go down
lohchunkhai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 28
Join date : 2013-06-11

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:38 pm

i mean to me i would not go ahead and scold the slow golfers but of course as a player we must be considerate of the golfers behind us too
Back to top Go down
aero66
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 102
Join date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:05 pm

Just encounter a foursome slow play at JB TP on Monday. 
Beginner teeing off blue and start finding ball 20m from the box!! After rain buggy on fairway?

Yes all of us went through the beginner phase but golf have a code of conduct we all shared. Must respect the flight behind u and be considerate at all times.
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:10 pm

Aparting from getting angry and spoiling your own day/ your flightmate's day.

You can simply ask the flight infront if they can let you go on ahead first. Or just skip the hole and come back again later.

What is the point of getting all upset and feeling dulan. You can't control if the flight infront of you has the good sense to give way. But you can control your own actions.
Back to top Go down
GolfMad62
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 88
Join date : 2013-07-03
Age : 54
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:20 am

I have had this issue a few times but there is not a lot you can do apart of asking the course marshall to intervene. I have seen a few altercations on the course but mostly its just verbal abuse. Enjoy the day and take a practice swing.
Back to top Go down
musashi75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 72
Join date : 2011-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:09 pm

I've been on both sides before. If my group is slow and the group behind or the marshal asks us to hurry, we try to pick up the pace and make sure that we catch up with the group in front. If I'm the one chasing, I will just talk to my playing partners and relax. I'll let the marshals do their jobs and just enjoy my game. After all, we win no prizes for finishing fast.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:48 pm

if my flightmates slow..... i usually carry this with me

[img][/img]






if he still slow..... then i show him this

[img][/img]
Back to top Go down
valibel
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 57
Join date : 2012-09-18

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:46 pm

standing there smoke and kacau the monkey. hahah
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:06 pm

IMHO, golf is a game which trains up patience as well as the attitude of being considerate to others.
Back to top Go down
simon1982
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 111
Join date : 2011-08-09
Location : Macpherson/Aljunied

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:07 am

Have you all encounter your game started late till to some tournament. and the front flight is super jam...

We were the last flight but our pace was always able to see the front flight..
After cross over to 2nd nine, general play players join in. About maybe 2 or 3 holes they were already behind our back for the 2nd shot. One hole where there is a downslope where you can't see whether there is still front flight infront unless you drive in front. Drove in front and yes there are still pple playing so I just take practice swing before my flightmates flag me to hit. Then finally behind one buggy came next to us and say "can you all hurry up take your shot anot you all so slow leh.." Me explain that there is flight in front and I just ask them to drive forward to see for themselves... nevertheless they keep saying blah blah so slow should not play lah blah blah.. where in fact the faults is not ours..

And best part we ended the game till late night 7.30pm...and this is in fact not our fault for slow...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:22 am

simon1982 wrote:
Have you all encounter your game started late till to some tournament. and the front flight is super jam...

We were the last flight but our pace was always able to see the front flight..
After cross over to 2nd nine, general play players join in. About maybe 2 or 3 holes they were already behind our back for the 2nd shot. One hole where there is a downslope where you can't see whether there is still front flight infront unless you drive in front. Drove in front and yes there are still pple playing so I just take practice swing before my flightmates flag me to hit. Then finally behind one buggy came next to us and say "can you all hurry up take your shot anot you all so slow leh.." Me explain that there is flight in front and I just ask them to drive forward to see for themselves... nevertheless they keep saying blah blah so slow should not play lah blah blah.. where in fact the faults is not ours..

And best part we ended the game till late night 7.30pm...and this is in fact not our fault for slow...
Last wk in Sembawang, shot gun start at 1400, we did not finished until 1830....because the front was rather slow.
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:27 am

enwee wrote:
simon1982 wrote:
Have you all encounter your game started late till to some tournament. and the front flight is super jam...

We were the last flight but our pace was always able to see the front flight..
After cross over to 2nd nine, general play players join in. About maybe 2 or 3 holes they were already behind our back for the 2nd shot. One hole where there is a downslope where you can't see whether there is still front flight infront unless you drive in front. Drove in front and yes there are still pple playing so I just take practice swing before my flightmates flag me to hit. Then finally behind one buggy came next to us and say "can you all hurry up take your shot anot you all so slow leh.." Me explain that there is flight in front and I just ask them to drive forward to see for themselves... nevertheless they keep saying blah blah so slow should not play lah blah blah.. where in fact the faults is not ours..

And best part we ended the game till late night 7.30pm...and this is in fact not our fault for slow...
Last wk in Sembawang, shot gun start at 1400, we did not finished until 1830....because the front was rather slow.

 Erm, 4.5hours game... where got slow?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:30 am

blee wrote:
enwee wrote:
simon1982 wrote:
Have you all encounter your game started late till to some tournament. and the front flight is super jam...

We were the last flight but our pace was always able to see the front flight..
After cross over to 2nd nine, general play players join in. About maybe 2 or 3 holes they were already behind our back for the 2nd shot. One hole where there is a downslope where you can't see whether there is still front flight infront unless you drive in front. Drove in front and yes there are still pple playing so I just take practice swing before my flightmates flag me to hit. Then finally behind one buggy came next to us and say "can you all hurry up take your shot anot you all so slow leh.." Me explain that there is flight in front and I just ask them to drive forward to see for themselves... nevertheless they keep saying blah blah so slow should not play lah blah blah.. where in fact the faults is not ours..

And best part we ended the game till late night 7.30pm...and this is in fact not our fault for slow...
Last wk in Sembawang, shot gun start at 1400, we did not finished until 1830....because the front was rather slow.

 Erm, 4.5hours game... where got slow?
we were almost the last flight to return...u say leh???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Beware of slow players   Today at 7:12 am

Back to top Go down
 
Beware of slow players
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Beware of slow players
» players who have impressed you so far
» Top 10 Players in DURHAM??
» Beware of Lightning - Scary Pictures
» Slow poke drivers

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.